Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I can't stand to look in mirrors. I can't stand for people to look at me. I can't stand to be around people. I can't stand to be around myself. I'm hideous, ever since I stopped taking Sulfa I've just broken out to worse than I have ever in my whole life. I'm absolutely disgusting to look at.

u're not ugly!

look at urself in the mirror right now and be like I'M ONE HOT MOTHERFUCKAAA!

then report back to me, it'll make u feel good about urself

Yea I just realized I'm even uglier than I thought...... :doubt:

you're not ugly at all, seriously! and you're going on accutane right? so in a few months you can look in the mirror and see nothing but clear skin.

I can't stand to look in mirrors. I can't stand for people to look at me. I can't stand to be around people. I can't stand to be around myself. I'm hideous, ever since I stopped taking Sulfa I've just broken out to worse than I have ever in my whole life. I'm absolutely disgusting to look at.

I feel the exact same way, but for me it's not just acne :(

just try to think positive that the acne is only temporary. and remember that we are our own worst critics.

I know how you feel cause I feel the same way...I take off my glasses and step 1.5m away from the mirror and even that far apart i can still see the darker spots on my face...

But I'm sure that it'll go away someday, just need to be patient.

u're not ugly!

look at urself in the mirror right now and be like I'M ONE HOT MOTHERFUCKAAA!

then report back to me, it'll make u feel good about urself

i do something similar.. no it does work actually :P

I know how you feel. Not sure what else to say :think:

Try to "talk yourself up" if possible. Hopefully it might make you feel a little better.

awww......*hugs* thats exactly how im feelin right now! Im having an extremely ugly week! I hate my face, my skin..more or less everythin about me i dont like apart from my personality! I feel so sorry for people who have to constantly look at my hidous face. I hate looking in the mirror as well and just seeing a glimpse of my horrible face really puts me off my day!

But....i saw your pic in the piccys thread..and i gota say, your not ugly in the slightest! seriously....your the complete opposite of ugly! :wub:

i hope ur feelin better about urself soon tho!

This is just my personal approach but maybe it will provide a different perspective on things for you.

I just tell myself to stop being a fucking pussy, either find a solution or get on with life, i got acne so what!!!

because your life comes down to minutes and they are passing by as we speak you will die very soon, either you choose to suffer in those minutes or your make the most with what you got.

so what is something good about having acne?

you get to read more, watch more movies, learn a new hobby, spend more time studying, the list goes on and on.

And when you find a solution(probably accutane) and your acne is gone, you'll be glad you didnt waste those moments,days,weeks or even months feeling sorry for yourself like a little bitch.

I do realize that some days are harder then others but your efforts to live a quality life no matter what will never be in vain.

Take advantage of the solitude god has granted you with and make the most of it.

Instead of pounding youre brain with questions like why me? refuse to lower you mind to that level instead ask yourself what is good about this, what are the benefits, what can i do to change this, and i think youll stop coming up with reasons to feel bad or feel sorry for yourself.

And start coming up with some solutions.

awww......*hugs* thats exactly how im feelin right now! Im having an extremely ugly week! I hate my face, my skin..more or less everythin about me i dont like apart from my personality! I feel so sorry for people who have to constantly look at my hidous face. I hate looking in the mirror as well and just seeing a glimpse of my horrible face really puts me off my day!

But....i saw your pic in the piccys thread..and i gota say, your not ugly in the slightest! seriously....your the complete opposite of ugly! :wub:

i hope ur feelin better about urself soon tho!

I think you're gorgeous, don't be that hard on yourself :D

or it might be because I have a weakness for UK gals...

mmnope, you're just gorgeous :D! Now go look at the mirror and say it out loud a couple of times, you'll feel better I promise

seriously

I understand how you guys feel but acne doesn't make you ugly. Everyone has "flaws" or something considered a flaw. If they don't have acne they have crooked teeth,their bald,overweight,under weight,frizzy hair,a big nose,too short,too tall, or whatever. Before I had acne I had a huge crush on a guy that had it and I thought he was perfect the way he was. This might sound weird but I'm not attracted to a guy that has perfect flawless skin like a baby. I've dated a guy that was bald but he was really sexy, there was a guy I liked in highschool had crooked front teeth and he was sexy. I think people with character are more attractive than someone that would be considered flawless. Only shallow people are gonna judge someone based on looks and who needs someone like that. When you go out in public and look around you'll see people are what they are and your not gonna hate them or want nothing to do with them if they're not "perfect looking". Most people aren't gonna treat you different if you have acne cause everyone is insecure about something. Real beauty is not looking like some actor/actress or some model. Real beauty is how you carry yourself and how you treat people.

ur beautiful on the inside ;)

but either way get over it u need to be social god knos how long the acne will last dont waste precious time being self conscious be confident and ur apperence will reflect that

This might sound weird but I'm not attracted to a guy that has perfect flawless skin like a baby.

That doesn't sound weird one bit..I am actually the same exact way. To me my boyfriend has perfect skin..yea he has a few pimples here and there but I am not attracted in the least bit to a guy with perfect skin..not really sure why but these guys hold no interest for me. I guess you can say that it does add character to them and I find them much more attractive.

Also, whenever I really start to get down about my acne I just realize that it's really not that bad..it could be much worse...also there's other people out there who have it worse than you do and we should all be thankful for what we have. Instead of focusing on the negative aspects of acne try to find the positive in it and you'll feel better.

I'm sure you're not ugly. Almost everyone says they're ugly at one point in their life, but there will always be at leastone person out there who thinks the exact opposite.

Guest flutistgurl26

Me too man, I'm so hideous. :(

lies

This might sound weird but I'm not attracted to a guy that has perfect flawless skin like a baby.

That doesn't sound weird one bit..I am actually the same exact way. To me my boyfriend has perfect skin..yea he has a few pimples here and there but I am not attracted in the least bit to a guy with perfect skin..not really sure why but these guys hold no interest for me. I guess you can say that it does add character to them and I find them much more attractive.

Also, whenever I really start to get down about my acne I just realize that it's really not that bad..it could be much worse...also there's other people out there who have it worse than you do and we should all be thankful for what we have. Instead of focusing on the negative aspects of acne try to find the positive in it and you'll feel better.

when i was a teenager I loved Bryan Adams, his acne scars never bugged me because he exuded sex appeal with his voice and talent :)

we all have ugly days/week/months.years. it goes up and it goes down. We just gotta get through the down parts with a sense of humor or have a good cry, but only for like 2 minutes let it all out! I did that recently and man! did it feel good. I let the feelings out, took a breath and was really surprised at how happy i felt afterwards b.c it was out of my system. Am I ecstatic now? No, but I'm not sad anymore either.

oh, and avoid mirrors as much as you can, they only feed into your self-loathing.

peace