Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So my derm perscribed me Retin-A about a montha nd a half ago but I haven't tried it yet because I read a lot of "horror" stories about it that scared me off :doubt: I went to see him last week and he said that it would help my skin a lot and help with the oil? But he also said that my skin was doing "good" when i have big red zits all over my cheeks so :think: It's only .01 % but I'm being a babyyyyyy. If i use this stuff is it going to peel my skin off and just aggravate my acne? I have really senstive skin :(

I'm on Tretinex which is a similar retinoid. Trust me, it took my derm 3 months to persuade me to try it. I finally gave in b/c she said it was my last resort. I've been on it almost 3 weeks now. The IB isn't that bad right now, but it still bothers me. I started off using it ever 2 days, and now I use it every other day. Be SURE to only use a pea size amount for your whole face. I put on just a teeny bit extra, and woke up with 2 huge zits in the morning.

It's supposed to take 3 months of treatment until u start seeing results. This better be worth it, cuz I'm miserable. My skin is dry and pink....my red marks look worse, too :(

I've heard horror stories as well, but I still used it for about five weeks. I borke out horribly and couldn't handle it emotionally. But that's just me, you may be stronger than I am :comfort: