Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KAYTLIN878

Newbie Needs Help!!!

:(:(:(

Where to begin? I was so happy to find this site and see so many others with problems like mine! (Not that I am happy we all have this problem, but you know what I mean :angel: )

I have had acne since at least age 16 (now 28) and go through this emotional roller coaster as I try a new regimen which will work for months and then all of a sudden it stops working...

I have tried Pro-Active (the acne was never worse, even after the recommended 6 wk trial), various prescriptions (can't really remember the names, Clyamiacin? Doxyclycline, Yasmin) from a rather insensitive dermatologist...he reluctantly gave me these prescriptions after I told him I realllllly did NOT want to go on Accutane...not only am I terrible at taking pills regularly, I work out a lot and don't want to go through the aches and pain I have read so much about...

Currently using Clearsil's Acne Scar System regimen which has a light exfoliating cleanser, nightly treatment cream with collagen to repair scarring and salycidic acid and a moisturizer...it worked great for about two months but now I have the same large papules in my T Zone that are rather painful and hard to treat...

I use all non comedegenic and oil free makeup (BareMinerals) and just ordered the Joppa Minerals Starter Kit after reading about it on this site (thank you, by the way!!!!)

I am so frustrated...its getting to where I don't want to leave the house anymore...

I plan to start Dans regimen tonight...will go get the Cetaphil cleanser, 2.5 % BP and already have the Nuetrogena oil free moisturizer...

I guess I would just really appreciate anyones encouragement and advice...am I making the right decision about avoiding Accutane? I guess if I have to I will do it....does insurance cover it usually?

Guest chon_bon

did that clearasil scar treatment really work for you? it did absolutely nothing for me.

i recomend buying dan's csr gel. for some reason this has worked better for me than other brands of bp.

if you can avoid it and find good alternatives, it's good.

you know it has a loooong list of side-effects which may vary from person to person, plus it's expensive. i do have heard from other orgers that insurance covered a huge part of that expense.

since you already have the CSR, might as well use it for a considerable period of time.

you might want to also get some tips on diet/holistic approach here. there's really a lot of cheaper and safer ways to address the problem. also try the 60-100sec hot soak found in this forum.

let us know how it all goes.

good luck. :D

:wall::wall::wall:

Like with everything else, it only worked for a few months...I could have a vacation home in Brazil with the money I have spent on acne treatment and makeup!!! I bet we all could!!! Going to drown myself...if no further posting is seen...assume I fell in...

did that clearasil scar treatment really work for you? it did absolutely nothing for me.

i recomend buying dan's csr gel. for some reason this has worked better for me than other brands of bp.