Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mac

Is This Normal..Post TANE

Ok well its been over 2 weeks now that I have been off tane....and as soon as I stopped the pills, I got like 4-5 little white heads...and till this day I am still getting little pimples ....

i'm noticing my nose gettign oily too now....

WHAT GOGIN ON?

I dont see my derm until one more month....

but is it normal

had the sameproblem. After like 4 days coming off tane i got about 20 little whiteheads but it cleared up pretty quick on its own. Just dont touch or scratch them and they should be gone before u go back to the derm.

Ok well its been over 2 weeks now that I have been off tane....and as soon as I stopped the pills, I got like 4-5 little white heads...and till this day I am still getting little pimples ....

i'm noticing my nose gettign oily too now....

WHAT GOGIN ON?

I dont see my derm until one more month....

but is it normal

Been off accutane for almost 3 weeks, same thing happening (except most of my outbreaks are invisible, and I do see like 2-3 small red pimples on my forehead which disappear without a trace and new ones come, and I had a few little reddish pimples since then too, I don't know WTF is going on and plus I got a huge cyst on my back, I never got cysts on my back! I hope it's normal. I feel like it's getting worse, but I been reading it's impossible to relapse less then a few months and 90% of people are clear for a year. I'm praying this shit will stop.

Hence, check my thread

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=121013

I know I hope too, I also feel liek tis gettign worse.....

how about the oil

hey guys. Hang in there. I've had to do Accutane twice. Once my senior year in high school (1997.) That year my acne was mainly on my face but also less severe on my back and chest. In the spring of 1999 my back flared up real bad and I had to do round 2. I've been on antibiotics ever since the second course was done and now am having trouble with my chest breaking out. This has been going on for about 2-3 years and I am now starting my 3rd round of Accutane. I've been on it for a week. No guarantees it's a permanent solution the 1st time. I can tell you that my face and back have pretty much been OK and now I'm hoping this 3rd try will take care of the chest area.

I know I hope too, I also feel liek tis gettign worse.....

how about the oil

Nope, no oil just regular skin, but I was never dry on tane anyways, just perfect balance and my dose was near the 1mg/kg!

I feel liek th oil is coming back...esp on my nose...what to do.....did accuatne not work for me

yea man, you just gotta hang in there. I too am on my third round of accutane. its important that you just keep monitoring it and make regular appointments with the derm. accutane is often, or so it seems, is not always a one shot thing.

so u guys believe I will have to do another round.....my derm app is soon so will see

wouldnt that make my acne worse....how long would thye gave u a 2nd course

wouldnt that make my acne worse....how long would thye gave u a 2nd course

That's why I'm scared to use a topical as well. I had very bad experiences with retinoids in the past!! And there is a 8 week resting period for round 2. But who knows, maybe our bodies are just adjusting without the medicine, and all I can say is pray and see a month or 2 what happens next.

Btw Mac, how big are your pimples? Are they like very tiny and you have to come up close to see something, or they really visible?

no very tiny, and at times the whitehedas i dotn see them only in my lighting.....but when i look at my face at times it looks unhelathy liek I have to smooth it out....i get a few rednmarks here and there and noticing my nose getting oily, and i dont put anythign on it....

maybe your right, i should just be pateint, i will see how it is...maybe its only this month liek u saud getting rid of the medicine...lets hope....

no very tiny, and at times the whitehedas i dotn see them only in my lighting.....but when i look at my face at times it looks unhelathy liek I have to smooth it out....i get a few rednmarks here and there and noticing my nose getting oily, and i dont put anythign on it....

maybe your right, i should just be pateint, i will see how it is...maybe its only this month liek u saud getting rid of the medicine...lets hope....

Exactly like me only in lighting. But to be honest even when I was still on tane even the last few days I was getting stuff like that but since getting off the medicine those increased right away. But my pimples aren't whiteheads, I can't even scratch that stuff off because it is so tiny.

i think my derm, waited about 6 months before putting me back on for the second time. Your derm will most likely try an alternative first, like mine did

yea me too harakiri...... maybe wea re paranid,,,,we think just because we are doen with tane we think its coming back....

yea me too harakiri...... maybe wea re paranid,,,,we think just because we are doen with tane we think its coming back....

I did forgot to mention today I woke up, most of that stuff was gone today too, I did ask my derm about relapses, he said in rare cases people relapse under a year, for most people accutane is good for at least a year, many for two years and a good amount forever and I'm talking about just one course. He has given tane to 100s of people and he never said somebody relapse right after a course like a few weeks. But still this stuff is freaking me and you out no matter what we here.

Another thing that makes me constantly think about relapses is because of this forum, lots of times reading this forum you hear shit which is super rare, like people reprted ringing in their ears, IBD, depression, hell even increased brain pressure. So this forum is really the place for accutane downfalls but in no way is it unhelpful, thanks to the folks in here I learned a lot.

It's normal for some oil to return post-Tane. I've had oily skin since about 2-3 weeks post-Tane, but not as bad as it was pre-Tane. Accutane does more than cut oil production. It helps keep your pores clear, even if there is oil.

Just relax and don't worry about a few small pimples. I had a couple breakouts right away when I stopped Tane and then things got much better after that.

P&W

Ive had the oil return too, and I got small breakouts like you describe white heads. Mine was 5months after tane, but yeah oil and spots are back :(

so post tane, tyhe acne can keep gettign better right?

cause to me it seems liek its gettign worse...is that juts teh 1st month

I don't know my derm said relapsing early isn't actually that uncommon. He said you can relapse in under 6 months. He said it's a 50/50. Plus the lady at the desk, when someone asked her a question about accutane, said "Accutane is usually a six month course, then we give the body a rest, and then people generally have to take another course." So I'm starting course 2 next month. All my derm said was he's had people that had to take accutane 4 or 5 times before their acne never returned, which scared me.. i don't wanna take it that many times. But he said with each course you take, you have a higher chance for permanent remission.

I don't know my derm said relapsing early isn't actually that uncommon. He said you can relapse in under 6 months. He said it's a 50/50. Plus the lady at the desk, when someone asked her a question about accutane, said "Accutane is usually a six month course, then we give the body a rest, and then people generally have to take another course." So I'm starting course 2 next month. All my derm said was he's had people that had to take accutane 4 or 5 times before their acne never returned, which scared me.. i don't wanna take it that many times. But he said with each course you take, you have a higher chance for permanent remission.

Well anything above 2 times is rare, and 4+ courses is extremely rare!! And that is bullshit that people usually take another course! Many many people are cured for good after one time. My uncle took accutane when he was 19 for really severe acne, and he is 31 now and still great skin.

yea I dont get it either...its really pissing me off now, cause the oil today was so bad