Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi

i was wondering whether any forms of alcohol are better or worse for your skin? i.e. beer vs whisky vs vodka etc is there any considerable difference? i know in an ideal world i would cut alcohol out altogether but that's not very possible.

very interested to hear what the more knowledgable members can say on the subject

thanks

EXPERIMENT: Pour a bottle of STRONG alcohol over an uncooked egg. Within minutes, you will see the clear part of the egg begin to cook in the alcohol and it will turn white within 3 minutes. This is what alcohol does to your body's cells - it kills them, they mutate and become cancerous.

HOW ALCOHOL AFFECTS SKIN: When I visited a doctor and was gathering info about how alcohol affects people for my reports, the doctor showed me how he could identify people who consumed only beer on a weekly basis. As people walked by, their skin looked more leathery, not plump and healthy. He showed me how young people who drank had a dehydrated complexion which only became worse over time. They looked as if they needed collegen injections to look healthy. It looked as if many TINY wrinkles were getting ready to set in on the forehead, cheeks and undereyes in general. In short, these young people looked "used" and well-worn from life.

The weaker (more diluted) the alcohol, the better - as it is with any poison. As most people know, the stronger the alcohol, the more it burns and mutates the cells in our bodies. People die from alcohol consumption all the time -- our bodies try to adjust to the poison, but it eventually destroys the liver, the cells in the mouth, esophagous and the kidneys.

Alcohol is like a diet solely based on junkfood: There are no nutrients and all it does is tear up the liver until the liver pretty much dissolves in the body from the toxins it has to store. So, how would your skin and health be if you ONLY ate Dorito chips and soda pop -- never touching a salad leaf? With beer and other alcohols, you are slowly poisoning yourself -- and major organs in your body are deteriorating from the use of this poison. The skin is first to outwardly display that the body is not being treated as it should be.

I have a friend who drinks strong alcohol every weekend: His hands shake now and his nervous system is clearly being destroyed. He has all the symptoms of slowly killing himself with the constant strong use of alcohol.

Of course, those of you who drink alcohol would say he needs to "build up his tolerance" to alcohol, however, his body is trying to tell him that he is slowly killing himself by taking sips of a poison every day.

hi

i was wondering whether any forms of alcohol are better or worse for your skin? i.e. beer vs whisky vs vodka etc is there any considerable difference? i know in an ideal world i would cut alcohol out altogether but that's not very possible.

very interested to hear what the more knowledgable members can say on the subject

thanks

I follow a paleo style diet with plenty of freh meat and fish with lots of veg and a few pieces of fruit.Lots of olive oil to cook with.I also supplement with cod liver oil and acidpohilus. I drink approx 6 pints of water per day, 3 in the moring and 3 in the afternoon-evening.

I also drink 2-3 glasses of red wine in the evening.

I feel great and my skin looks the best it has in years, so for me at least my healthy diet and water intake is offsetting any bad effects of the alcohol. It's pretty much a mediterranean diet I follow minus bread, pasta and cheese.Works well for me.

CT

Yes, excessive alcohol consumption can indeed damage one's health long term, but like most things, isn't it safe to consume in moderation? I was lead to believe a glass or two of wine each day was good for your health, with research claiming it lessens the risk of stroke and cardiovascular disease in those who drink in moderation. I recently read a beer a day can do wonders for your health also. Of course (assuming the health benefits are true) this doesn't mean you should chug down a glass of beer whenever you feel like it.

Regarding alcohol not causing damage when consumed in moderation, and the health promoting qualities it may provide when taken once a day; someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

It seems to be general consensus that vodka is the most acne-friendly drink.

Apple Blossem... there's a big difference between an alcoholic and someone who drinks alcohol. You can't equate drinking alcohol once every few weeks with a diet based solely on Doritoes and soda, that's a gross overestimate of analogy. It's very true that those who abuse alcohol have malfunctioning bodies and poor health, as it is the same with all vices. But on the other hand, even the healthy Hunzas drink alcohol in small quantities and live longer then anyone else.

But maybe it's just me; I believe in harm reduction rather then abstinence. If someone came here asking about ecstasy, I would tell them to be sure to supplement with 5-HTP to offset the serotonin loss. If someone asked about cigarettes, even though I'm against smoking I'd say that vitamin C and a healthy diet will do a bit to offset the horrible effects it has on health. Creating forbidden fruits makes them more appealing.

As far as the health benefits of alcohol, I think those are a bit overhyped by the media...

what kind of red wine would be good for your skin, well not good but the least damage, cuz i heard that red wine is da safest alcohol beverage since it is mostly rotten grape juice.. lol

like when i drink beer i break out. but when i drink like wine and other stuff it doesn't do anything. but i drink like once a month

Guest Michael Jackson

"HOW ALCOHOL AFFECTS SKIN: When I visited a doctor and was gathering info about how alcohol affects people for my reports, the doctor showed me how he could identify people who consumed only beer on a weekly basis. As people walked by, their skin looked more leathery, not plump and healthy. He showed me how young people who drank had a dehydrated complexion which only became worse over time. They looked as if they needed collegen injections to look healthy. It looked as if many TINY wrinkles were getting ready to set in on the forehead, cheeks and undereyes in general. In short, these young people looked "used" and well-worn from life."

b to the s

A lot of people who drink a lot, have perfectly fine complexions

coming from experience

not just acne, but their skin looks fine

Id imagine the healthiest kind of alcohol is probably wine. Its my favorite, although I always end up drinking beer because its easier at parties and bars. Moderation is important in any alcohol consumption, but wine is tasty and (for me) gives the most enjoyable buzz.

Rubber Sheep -- that was very interesting about the 5-htp and ecstasy and serotonin loss. I have actually been trying to study how much serotonin is released into the body when one takes certain drugs such as ecstasy or other activities that release serotonin within the body. I have found the topic extremely interesting.... but havent found much info on the net.

Would you happen to know how many grams of 5htp one should take to equate to taking drugs such as ecstacy? And how many grams of 5htp one should take to equate sexual activity and acupuncture? I am mostly interested in how many grams of 5htp should be taken to equate a session of acupuncture -- but cant find ANYTHING on it. :(

I try not to drink but when I do I always drink vodka. Its the only thing that doesnt upset my stomach. I mix it with water and a splash of sprite with lots of fresh lime juice and it actually tastes good :cool:

I love drinking vodka, mostly with ice & lime but a shot of cranberry

is great too. Just keep it moderate no more than 20 a weekend, JK.

Getting smashed once awhile with FUN friends is my advice but make

sure that the atmosphere is carefree & fun.

my dad is in his late 50s. Hes been drinking since he was 18 and drink 7&7s since 21 since i was born i remember him having alot of 7&7s and brandy. he drinks about 6 or more drinks a night since i was born so 18 years. he actually looks very young. all i know is he looks young for his age and i always hear it from my friends that he does too.

Would you happen to know how many grams of 5htp one should take to equate to taking drugs such as ecstacy? And how many grams of 5htp one should take to equate sexual activity and acupuncture? I am mostly interested in how many grams of 5htp should be taken to equate a session of acupuncture -- but cant find ANYTHING on it. :(

I think you're confused about the ecstasy thing. 5-HTP merely puts more serotonin in your brain to be used in a normal fashion. But too MUCH serotonin has problems too, there's a medical ailment called serotonin syndrome that you may want to look up. Ecstasy causes a big serotonin release, something that's not going to happen with 5HTP. I don't even know about serotonin and sex, I thought it was dopamine that got released... sort of like what happens on a rollercoaster ride.

Well here's what I found anyways:

The stimuli from a receptive female and/or copulation itself leads to the release of dopamine (DA) in at least three integrative hubs.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention another thing that came to my mind: 5HTP, serotonin and antidepressants are all great for killing off a healthy sex drive. So if you want to suppress mother nature's healthy urges for some reason or another (and it's usually religiously related), there's a great way to do it.