Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mercer

Moiturizer and BP still balling up!!! advice needed

I've been on the regimen for about a month now, and my face is clearing up a ton. I'm a girl though and wear make up. When ever I put on my make up, The bp/moisture combo balls up big time. It's kind of gross. Is there anything I can do to stop this? I already use AHA moisturizer, and going w/out makeup isn't an option. Please help, this is the only thing keeping this regimen from being perfect for me. Appreciate it!

Mercer

yes.. I have the exact same thing happening..

i am using neutrongena moisture spf15 and on the spot... they seems to gloo together when iam applying alot.. and my face would be white and milky after applying...

and when i used less... its ok but if i sweat or caught in the rain... my face looks as if melting :) (all the white gloo is visible)...

Can anyone recommend a better moisturiser which will not be visible no matter how wet u are? :(

That's probably the answer, switching to a 2.5% gel or "aqueous" base bp. However, none are on the market which are affordable aside from paulaschoice.com, which I find to be overly drying. Out here in San Francisco, Kaiser Permanente makes a great 2.5% bp in "aqueous" base that seems to fix the problem you're alluding to, and it's $4.00 for a 2oz. tube to boot. However, you need to be a Kaiser member. If you are, you might want to try it.

I can not vouch for the Kaiser brand's effectiveness quite yet, however. I will be switching to it this week and see how it goes.

-Dan

what about the persa-gel 5% bp dan? Isnt that a gel which she can use?

I just recently got the OXY 5% BP instead of that because i dont hear much of it. Although maybe next time ill try and purchase it since it more and a little cheaper.

I guess I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing. If I wipe it, the ball goo comes off, but then I feel like I'm wiping off valuable BP. Dan, do you know if this is going to make the regimen any less effective? I suppose if I've got something important to do (like a party or something) I'll just skip the BP that night. I have a two year old, so it's not like I get to go out that often anyway. Also, I definately can't afford proactive. I'm struggling with the cost of the on the spot. It adds up. Thanks you guys for the help. I'll check back later...

Mercer