Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been wearing concealer and foundation for about 10 years now to cover up my bad skin and it's become such second nature that I don't want anyone to see me without makeup, ever. This has been bothering me more and more lately and I've decided to wane myself off of the makeup. Slowly of course :) Today for the first time I only covered 4 red spots on my skin and kept the red marks etc uncovered, which is a big difference for me because I always wear a full face of makeup. I haven't gone outside yet so the only people who see me are the people I live with but it's still scary!

I was wondering if more people want to minimise the makeup on their faces, maybe we can support and encourage eachother :)

It's a hard thing to do but i think the hardest part is starting. Once you've made the first step and slowly start to minimise how much makeup you put on in the mornings it get alot easier and trust me your skin will thank you for it. Goodluck

It's a hard thing to do but i think the hardest part is starting. Once you've made the first step and slowly start to minimise how much makeup you put on in the mornings it get alot easier and trust me your skin will thank you for it. Goodluck

Thanks, I hope my skin will get better when I don't put so much makeup on.. I just looked in the mirror and it seems that my red marks are so much redder now than they were this morning, not exactly encouraging! But I'm going to stick it out today, I made an appointment this morning for microdermabrasion next week and they told me im not allowed to use any makeup for the entire day after that :s best to start 'practising' now so it wont be so bad next week :) Did you use a lot of makeup before?

I never used much makeup but then last year when my skin started to get really bad I started to wear more and more which looking back now I’ve realised it probably wasn't a very smart move for my skin. It took a lot for me to stop but I’m glad I did. I'm now able to go to uni without it, leave the house without it and if I’m feeling brave I’ll go out on a Saturday night without it. Everyone is their own worst critic, just because you can see red marks and imperfections doesn't mean everyone else can.

I haven't worn any makeup besides mineral makeup in the last 6 months and it's made a huge improvement in my skin. I've been seriously wondering if all the liquid makeup had something to do with my acne cause I was only breaking out on my face!! I'm 25 now and I had been wearing liquids for about 12 years!! Minerals just feel so much nicer on your skin like your not even wearing any makeup. If you haven't tried minerals get some!!

kittiikat, I hope I work up the courage sometime soon to go uni/leave the house without makeup! What time that would save me :D I hope it's true that I am my own worst critic, can't imagine anyone not noticing the red marks on my skin. But maybe they notice it less.

Melodie: I already use mineral makeup, like the finish better than any liquid I've tried, but it's not improving my skin. I mainly have a red marks issue :)

I've been working on wearing minimum makeup. Now I'm down to just foundation and if I look really dead, I add eyeliner. I cannot tell you how liberating it is.

I haven't wore makeup for almost 2 months now

In the beginning it was soooo hard!! But it gets easier everyday =]

I used to not even be able to leave my room and face my family without makeup :doubt:

Now I can;t imagine myself with all that stuff layered on my face. My skin might not look as nice as it did with makeup but it FEELs so much better :D

I've been working on wearing minimum makeup. Now I'm down to just foundation and if I look really dead, I add eyeliner. I cannot tell you how liberating it is.

For the first time in about 10 years I actually went outside without makeup on my skin. I went to the library, a jewellery store and the supermarket, all with a bare face. It didnt feel as horrible as I thought it would, though I wore my hair down so it was easy to 'hide' a bit. Very strange to leave the house without makeup but people didnt seem to respond to me any different than they normally would :)

Well, I don't really wear tons of makeup, but today I went out without any powder/foundation on. :) I'm going to just stop it altogether because it really doesn't do anything for my skin and it doesn't really make me look different. My skin always feels icky at the end of the day when I have powder on, so what's the point?

i haven't had a flare up in about 3 years, so I would venture out without makeup, going to the bookstore, the mall etc. Which was a big deal for me. But I've now had a pretty bad breakout so at home with my roommates I don't have makeup on, but I have to have something when I go out b/c it's just too red and icky. :doh:

I've been wearing concealer and foundation for about 10 years now to cover up my bad skin and it's become such second nature that I don't want anyone to see me without makeup, ever. This has been bothering me more and more lately and I've decided to wane myself off of the makeup. Slowly of course :) Today for the first time I only covered 4 red spots on my skin and kept the red marks etc uncovered, which is a big difference for me because I always wear a full face of makeup. I haven't gone outside yet so the only people who see me are the people I live with but it's still scary!

I was wondering if more people want to minimise the makeup on their faces, maybe we can support and encourage eachother :)

It's always been a dream of mine to one day not have to wear make up. I used to wear foundation all the time, but then I discovered that just a little tinted moisturiser and concealer is great. The moisturiser is just enough to even out my skin tone and the concealer hides the bits I'd rather not have on show, like scars and breakouts. A little blusher and mascara and I'm away!

I've only been able to go outside without makeup recently, before then I just couldn't do it. If my skin's ok, then I'm happy to go out bare-faced.

Do it! Liberate yourself! We've got nothing to be ashamed of! :clap: