Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
greg06

Rudeness

This rude person told me that acne scars can't be that bad and you shouldn't feel suicidal about them and that he knows other people with acne scars that aren't bothered by them. This same idiot person made a rude comment about my face always looking "sweaty" when in fact my face simply may have been oily. As a scar sufferer I know how horrifying facial scars can be and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has felt like dying because of the disfigurement. This is what people without acne scars think - that they can't be that bad!!!!! Little do they know the treatments us scar suffers go through can often times make our faces look worse. Acne scarring in essence is a vicious cycle.

I truly don't even think there's value in seeing a psychologist over acne scarring unless they are experienced in helping people with facial deformities and such. How can someone tell us what to do or think when they have never had acne, let alone a scar on their face??

I am just appalled.

ive actuaIIy been to therapy (for some deep issues, not scarring, but of course scarring just is the fkn icing on the cake..and yes, sometimes my scars have been the cataIist to me wishing i wouId just drop dead), and i brought up how my scarring makes me feeI. I was met with "it isnt that bad you know" and "Iife is too short to worry about it"..aII that stuff..zz..and aII at a cost of £120 or so an hour. Truth is it didnt heIp v much(with the psychoIogicaI effects of scarring. it did heIp with other issues tho)..it did not heIp to the point im over my scarring..maybe i can handIe how it makes me feeI a bit more than b4 tho..ish.

Fact is that for many of us no amount of "it isnt that bad you know" is going to make us feeI better. What wiII make most of us feeI better, is a friggin finaI soIution to scarring or at Ieast cIued up doctors who know what to do for us when acne is stiII active to try MINIMIZE THE BIOODY DAMAGE.

I am appaIIed too!

But..weII..that wont get anywhere. PPI are ignorant about it when they havent experienced any faciaI 'disfigurement'(hate using that word but cant think of another). Not much is going to change ignorance tbh i think. So... try to stay strong. xx

Well seeing a shrink about my scars would have been pointless. They are expensive and at best will help u learn to live WITH the scarring. The scars are what makes u feel terrible not some psychological condition. Spend that money on treating the scars which I can honestly vouch for and say works much better than years of therapy ever would.

Anyone I try to talk to about my scars w/ think I'm making a big issue over nothing and over react about them. For example though one of the people that think I have a problem and obsession w/ this is my father who is very attractive and has no scars and hardly any wrinkles so he has pretty much a perfect face, but anyway about 3 mo. ago he had a bump on his cheek which he concluded was a spider bite, he thought for sure it was going to leave a scar and went crazy buying stuff to put on it. What a hypocrit! So let them say what they want, that it's not a big deal or that we're overreacting, but I'd guarantee that if it was their face they'd do something about it too.

Anyone I try to talk to about my scars w/ think I'm making a big issue over nothing and over react about them. For example though one of the people that think I have a problem and obsession w/ this is my father who is very attractive and has no scars and hardly any wrinkles so he has pretty much a perfect face, but anyway about 3 mo. ago he had a bump on his cheek which he concluded was a spider bite, he thought for sure it was going to leave a scar and went crazy buying stuff to put on it. What a hypocrit!

I think the reason why it's such a big "obsession" of ours is that we want to close a period. A period of insecurity, anxiety etc.

I can say that I want to get rid of my scarring too, after I've got rid of acne.

If scarring is the issue --- and not active acne also --- then I think 60% less scars is doable.

You need some money. Focus on techniques that improve the texture etc as well as the scars so that

"your skin looks kinda good & healthy IN GENERAL. Its the general perception that counts.

If scarring is the issue --- and not active acne also --- then I think 60% less scars is doable.

You need some money. Focus on techniques that improve the texture etc as well as the scars so that

"your skin looks kinda good & healthy IN GENERAL. Its the general perception that counts.

Depends on the scars. If they are severe then that is a good number and should make u happy. If u have moderate or mild scarring then most of those can be removed. One dermabrasion will take out most mild scars and a lot of the moderate ones. Lots of people have different ideas as to what mild moderate and severe are though.

I've never tried dermabrasion but I've had a raised scar removed with cryotherapy and all I have to say is the healing time on that procedure is ridiculous. It's been almost 4 months, and I'm still not through it!!

Did you have dermabrasion?

I have the money. I'm just scared expensives procedures won't work or make it worse! So I try things like TCA Cross, AcneFree Scar Eraser, and now I'll try Super Cop 2x. Was going to try Bio Oil, but it hasn't arrived and it's been over a month!

I've never talked to anyone about my scars -- NO ONE! Well, except for a couple derms, but they don't count. It's just too embarrassing.

Dont be embarressed, its not your fauIt if you have scars!

Optimistic i find ppI are hypocriticaI aII the time in just that way. Friends who teII me i Iook fine and im making something out of nothing, yet who fIip out if they get a mere pimpIe. zzz.

Bob03, that is def a very good way of putting it.

greg06, your the best for pointing that out. Anyone who don't understand might aswell buy an ice pick and poke it all over their face and see how that feels.

That's why I refrain from telling my friends about my insecurities about my skin because I know they'll just say something like 'oh its not that bad'. But really, if you put yourself in their shoes, what else would you say to your concerned friend (unless they really have severe and disfiguring acne and scarring, thats another case) apart from something encouraging? But having been though this before, I understand that no matter how good their intentions or how encouraging their words are, it doesn't do anything to improve how we feel about ourselves, our skin, our scars etc. When it comes to down to it, its YOU who must change your thinking, and that's something that no amount of good-natured encouragement can do. Maybe when you just get used to how you look and get on with your life and try not to let acne bother you, the way you view life will change too. When you are confident and at ease with how you look, you feel confident anyway even if nobody gives you encouragement or compliment your skin (but of course everyone can do with an extra self-esteem boost :)) But these are just purely my own opinions which I got through my experiences

That's why I refrain from telling my friends about my insecurities about my skin because I know they'll just say something like 'oh its not that bad'. But really, if you put yourself in their shoes, what else would you say to your concerned friend (unless they really have severe and disfiguring acne and scarring, thats another case) apart from something encouraging? But having been though this before, I understand that no matter how good their intentions or how encouraging their words are, it doesn't do anything to improve how we feel about ourselves, our skin, our scars etc. When it comes to down to it, its YOU who must change your thinking, and that's something that no amount of good-natured encouragement can do. Maybe when you just get used to how you look and get on with your life and try not to let acne bother you, the way you view life will change too. When you are confident and at ease with how you look, you feel confident anyway even if nobody gives you encouragement or compliment your skin (but of course everyone can do with an extra self-esteem boost :)) But these are just purely my own opinions which I got through my experiences

*sigh* I wish it was that easy.

I think I am getting used to my scars more and realize they don't make me look as ugly as I originally thought. They have improved some over the years which has helped. I still wouldn't be seen without makeup but most women wouldn't with scars are not. My scars are still discolored so I need the makeup. What does still get to me is when I breakout which is starting to increase more lately, I just can't make peace with that!