Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VitaSogno

AHA (Alpha Hydrox) Causing Painful bumps?

I've been on the CSR for almost two weeks now. While I would have liked to find BP 2.5%, I can only find 5% for now. I use it twice a day on acne, along with a gentle cleanser and moisturizer. While I still have red acne spots, things seem to generally be clearing up. I added in AHA (alpha hydrox) cream recently - just spotting it on pimples to help them go away faster and sometimes rubbing it around a bit. . . now, I have three or for - under-the-skin- hard-type "lumps" (pimple size, but not really a pimple) that hurt.

What the heck is that??

your more than likley suffering form a breakout from the BP/AHA, as BP/AHA brings acne to the surface, so the bump is probably acne on its way to the surface.

dont worry about it, apply neosporin if u live in the US, or for UK users an antiseptic cream.

your more than likley suffering form a breakout from the BP/AHA, as BP/AHA brings acne to the surface, so the bump is probably acne on its way to the surface.

dont worry about it, apply neosporin if u live in the US, or for UK users an antiseptic cream.

whoa what do u mean bp/aha brings acne to the surface..becasue i havel ike 8 pimples on my face now since starting an aha moist and dans Bp continue... had only 1 pimple before..

are u saiying using aha with bp brings acne up ? im confused

do you have sensitive skin ? what aha are you using ? and just so you know when you change products you can break out because the skin isn't use to it... also if it is painful then it might be clogging your pores and you should stop

yes, BP and AHA's brings bacteria to the surace so it can be killed.

usually this is really abd in the first few weeks of the regimen, then it begins to decrease a few weeks after that.

yes, BP and AHA's brings bacteria to the surace so it can be killed.

usually this is really abd in the first few weeks of the regimen, then it begins to decrease a few weeks after that.

so are u saying for the first couple weeks bp and aha will bring acne up and kill them then stop..or will it always bring them up ?

on the bp only i never had acne past month but ever since started aha with it i have like 8 pimples on my face now..is this my face getting used to the aha added or will it always be like this ?

So then what's the point of AHA? Shouldn't I just stick with using BP?

Can Dan or a doctor confirm that AHA brings bacteria up to the surface? I'm not even really sure what that means.

Bp will initially bring acne to teh surface, but with continually use it will continue going into pores killing bacteria before it develops into acne, so no it wont continue to come to the surface.

AHA helps with acne treatment, bring it to the surface aswell, but then again once all the acne has gone, it will help to keep you clear.

AHA's also help with red marks :)

It can take 2-3 weeks for acne to "come to the surface", so it is possible that the bumps you are seeing were beginning to form before you actually started CSR and have nothing to do with the AHA lotion.

That said, you may want to do CSR without the AHA for a few weeks, just to make sure it was not some sort of reaction.