Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Actress

Has anyone been diagnosed with a sugar intolerance or thought about it? hmm?

OK so I have a sweet tooth, uhh yeah it's my bad habit, I also have acne and million other problems, I just dont' know WTF is wrong with me, i'm getting there though, slowly but surely! Has anyone else looked into this? I also have "anxiety", "depression", "hyperhydrosis" blah blah blah, from time to time. Someone has told me that this could be because of sugar! Anyone else with a similar situation? Supposedly sugar has a HUUUUGE part to do with the brain, etc etc etc

OK so I have a sweet tooth, uhh yeah it's my bad habit, I also have acne and million other problems, I just dont' know WTF is wrong with me, i'm getting there though, slowly but surely! Has anyone else looked into this? I also have "anxiety", "depression", "hyperhydrosis" blah blah blah, from time to time. Someone has told me that this could be because of sugar! Anyone else with a similar situation? Supposedly sugar has a HUUUUGE part to do with the brain, etc etc etc

I feel ya... I have been tested because I get the shakes if I don't eat like every 3 hours. Sometimes I can't last 3 hours. I eat a good amount of protein and fiber with every meal so no one can say that's my problem. Anyways I got tested for low blood sugar and NADA I'm okay they say. WEIRD. SO yea I too have a hard core addiction to sweets, I live, breath, dream, and think about them 24/7. I don't care about regular food except when my stomach tells me EAT NOW! I can't understand people who don't eat one sweet thing a day...I would die. I feel that I have some issues, shakes when I'm hungry, cold all the time when others aren't, constipated unless I make myself eat lots of fiber, sudden sweat under the arms in certain situations (like anxiety) which stinks and sometimes hands and feet sweat, acne, blotchy skin, clenching teeth at night, always having to pick/ bite something like my fingers constantly. I beleive it can be connected to sugar or Candida. Have you ever looked into Candida? I did it and it suuuucked. It's a hard diet where you can't eat anything worth living for.

I feel ya... I have been tested because I get the shakes if I don't eat like every 3 hours. Sometimes I can't last 3 hours. I eat a good amount of protein and fiber with every meal so no one can say that's my problem. Anyways I got tested for low blood sugar and NADA I'm okay they say. WEIRD. SO yea I too have a hard core addiction to sweets, I live, breath, dream, and think about them 24/7. I don't care about regular food except when my stomach tells me EAT NOW! I can't understand people who don't eat one sweet thing a day...I would die. I feel that I have some issues, shakes when I'm hungry, cold all the time when others aren't, constipated unless I make myself eat lots of fiber, sudden sweat under the arms in certain situations (like anxiety) which stinks and sometimes hands and feet sweat, acne, blotchy skin, clenching teeth at night, always having to pick/ bite something like my fingers constantly. I beleive it can be connected to sugar or Candida. Have you ever looked into Candida? I did it and it suuuucked. It's a hard diet where you can't eat anything worth living for.

Hmm... this is very interesting! Yeah I just had an appointment with a gyno and she says things APPEAR to be normal, I still need to do a 5 hour sugar test or whatever and I need to get my hormone levels checked, but what sucks about that is that they'll only be able to prescribe me a birth control pill which is what I already have, hmmm have you heard of Spironoloctane? My gyno doesn't think that I'm an appropriate candidate! Hmm...candida, NO i havent' but I will like the second I get off this thing. Have you been checked for that? OMG I totally get all that extra ish when i'm anxious, which is like ALLLL the time! :(

Both of you sound like me too! I get the shakes if I don't eat regularly, I get anxious easily and get sweaty hands when I do, and I need to wear a bite plate when I sleep because of all the grinding and clenching. I recently went to they gyno because I wasn't getting my period for 3 months at a time and she said I needed a blood test to check my insulin and glucose levels after fasting for 12 hours. She said I may need to take Glucophage (even though I am not diabetic) and that would help me ovulate regularly. I may have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome which could cause acne as a side effect. I don't want to have PCOS, but if I do, I want to get it under control and see if my acne goes away. Also, my husband and I would like to have a baby, but that's kind of difficult when I hardly ever ovulate! Fortunately, Glucophage is not the only fix. I could see a nutritionist and try to fight this thing by adjusting my diet. The gyno thinks that is a good idea also, which suprised me because so many MD's seem to be all about the prescriptions and don't think anything natural ever works.

By the way, reading this thread reminded me that I needed to call and find out the results of my blood test. They said everything came out fine, so now I feel like, "Where do I go from here? What do I do next?" The gyno is not in the office today, so she will call me tomorrow. This sucks. AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

also for candida I visted this site alot 3 years ago when I did the diet 2 different times (which did nothing for me and I was strict with it) www.wholeapproach.com

Anways I have done the Hormone spit test myself and tested barely high for testosterone. I'm on Yasmin and it has helped slightly with my acne. The gyno dismissed the test which I said "later" after seeing her for many years cuz' she didn't seem knowledgeable enough about what's going on with my hormones or acne in general. Yes, I have heard of Spironoloctane and would consider it if I get too frustrated with the acne.

also for candida I visted this site alot 3 years ago when I did the diet 2 different times (which did nothing for me and I was strict with it) www.wholeapproach.com

Anways I have done the Hormone spit test myself and tested barely high for testosterone. I'm on Yasmin and it has helped slightly with my acne. The gyno dismissed the test which I said "later" after seeing her for many years cuz' she didn't seem knowledgeable enough about what's going on with my hormones or acne in general. Yes, I have heard of Spironoloctane and would consider it if I get too frustrated with the acne.

OK it amazes me and i mean AMAZES me how idiotic doctors can friggin be! It drives me crazy, theres an ENTIRE community of people here that such similar complaints to ours and this goes to show that somethings seriously wrong with our medical system! I KNOW theres something wrong with me not just acne but alot of things and I feel like by the time someone ever pays any attention I'll already be on the way to my death bed ya know? Ok that may be a little extreme, but my family history has alot of bullshit disease that I just might inherit and my parents didn't have the sort of technology there is today so maybe i don't even know the half of it! I've been getting my period for almost an entire month now! thats ridiculous PLUS it's been heavy, i'm border line anemic AND i'm on Yasmin, THAT's NOT supposed to be happening! SOMETHING IS WRONG, i feel like i'm screaming it in their faces and their like uhuh yeah your fine, your young, go home! BULLSHIT! I need to see a nutritionist, possibly a homeopathic doctor too because this is tooo much, something is wrong. I feel like acne is just part of it!!!!!!! Pleas people share the info...

Wow. All three of you have symptoms of being a PROTEIN TYPE who is not eating right for their type. I've been there. I had the anxiety, the shakes, frequently cold, acne, hyperhidrosis, sweet cravings, all of it.

Basically your genetics are built to eat fatty protein foods and not sugars.

After I changed my diet to the protein type diet, all of these symptoms were drastically reduced or completely eliminated.

The protein type diet is a HIGH FAT, HIGH PROTEIN diet. Your staple foods are beef, chicken legs and salmon. It's far too much to go into right now, but all of you should absolutely get The Metabolic Typing Diet. It will absolutely change your life.

Both of you sound like me too! I get the shakes if I don't eat regularly, I get anxious easily and get sweaty hands when I do, and I need to wear a bite plate when I sleep because of all the grinding and clenching. I recently went to they gyno because I wasn't getting my period for 3 months at a time and she said I needed a blood test to check my insulin and glucose levels after fasting for 12 hours.

Has anyone else looked into this? I also have "anxiety", "depression", "hyperhydrosis" blah blah blah, from time to time. Someone has told me that this could be because of sugar! Anyone else with a similar situation? Supposedly sugar has a HUUUUGE part to do with the brain, etc etc etc

I feel ya... I have been tested because I get the shakes if I don't eat like every 3 hours. Sometimes I can't last 3 hours. I eat a good amount of protein and fiber with every meal so no one can say that's my problem. Anyways I got tested for low blood sugar and NADA I'm okay they say. WEIRD. SO yea I too have a hard core addiction to sweets, I live, breath, dream, and think about them 24/7.

Does any of you performed a glycemic curve GTT test?

If not you all have been misdiagnosed

Fasting glycemia and insulin are useless for your condition you need reactive tests

I really hope your doctors didn't really suggest a fasting glucose and insulin test for the symptoms you complained about because such ignorance is almost criminal

Here's the symptoms correlated to a positice GTT test:

- nervousness

- mood swings

- faintness

- fatigue (expecially afternoon)

- depression

- chronic craving for sweets

- cold hands and feet

- forgetfulness

- dizziness

- blurred vision

- sudden hunger

- shakiness

- crying spells

- panick attacks

All these symptoms are due to a condition called neuroglypenia which is caused by membranas intolerance to glucose loads. When cell membranas make themselves glucoseproofed by lowering the amount of glucose receptors on their surface the pancreased produces 50% more insulin trying to get the glucose into the cells Such burst of insulin causes a sudden drop in bioavailability to brain glucose

Unlike muscles, kidneys, liver and gut which can use glycogen to fuel themselves the brain has no glucose reverses and depends enterely on circulating blood sugar. When blood sugar levels decrease quickly the brain is therefore the first to suffer. Althought many cognitive symptoms are caused by the lack of available fuel for the brains other symptoms like fear, phobias, panick attacks and anxiety are caused by defense mechanisms activates when the circulating blood sugar is below a certain threshold

If you're positive to the GTT test the best diet to follow is one where you eat at least 6 times a day, small meals, higher in protein and moderate in non-refined carbs and devoid of refined carbs

Removing all carbs from your diet or going on a diet with less than 100 grams of carbs won't help you as it has been proven that such diet worsen a positive GTT test condition

Here's other DO's and DONT's of glucose load intolerance:

DON'T skip breakfast

DON'T go for more than three hours without eating

DON'T remove all carbs from diet or consume less than 100 grams of carbs daily

DON'T drink juices and beverages

DO have a before bedtime snack

DO always consume simple carbs with fats and proteins

DO increase B vitamins intake

DO increase C vitamin intake

Hmm... Let's observe the logic being used here. Scientifically developed medicine with thousands of years of study and data behind it isn't helping me as immediately and totally as I expect it to! Therefore, this quack with no medical background and a plastic bag with a tube stuck up his ass MUST BE RIGHT! Plus he has a WEBSITE on the INTERNET! And it has hyperlinks to advertisers that conveniently sell his products! Ooooooo! Professional!

I yearn for the day you develop cancer and when there isnt a satisfying (total)response to your first chemo treatment, you immediately stop going to your docter and eat grapefruits instead. Because you remember hearing about this person once who cured their cancer just by eating grapefruit!

I yearn for the day you develop cancer and when there isnt a satisfying (total)response to your first chemo treatment, you immediately stop going to your docter and eat grapefruits instead. Because you remember hearing about this person once who cured their cancer just by eating grapefruit!

That allopathic medicine often utilize the wrong approach is a fact acknowledge by even allopathic doctors themselves. Medicine is based on lot of try and fail and incomplete or subjectively interpretations of the data because it's a subject that humans exactly like you and me, no less biased, more logical, more perfect or less impulsive and fundamentalist deal with.

Scientific quarters have been schocked more than one by the dogmatism of medicine and the gut to either ignore people needs and put their life at stake rather than questioning their beliefs or outdated sources

Most of the debate amount doctors are way more infantile than quarrels among 3 years old kids

On top of that, going against its precets, rules and original phylosophy, medicine often ignore alternative theories backed up by even more data than the orthodox ones and researchers spend their time writing papers to attack those theories rather than investigating them. Besides medicine is more and more closed and limited within itself and its highly held beliefs; this dogmatism doesn't allow new more valid theories and proof to be experimented and accepted.

This is why, alternative naturopathy aside, orthodox medicine is now divided between the allopathic quarters that doesn't allow anything new or different from what they have been asked to believe (yes, because eventually no one goes at the root of a research, a researcher makes his/her point by referencing others researchers that reference to others in turn and so on and on ... no medical student ever goes at the root to see if the whole-chain a theory is based upon is founded on a faulty first ring) and the doctors who have updated their knowledge, have gone beyond what medical school asked them to know by questioning theories rather than learning them by heart implying they're correct and because of this they are always open to less invasive cures, alternative methods, greater individualization of the therapy and cross-therapies with other kind of curative systems.

Personally I would never do a chemo treatment; I would go with less invasive and indiscriminately destructive treatments and would keep it as a last resource. Chemotherapy has a moderate success only for few small kind of cancers at the first stage, in all the other cases it is worse than the cancer itself

Wow. All three of you have symptoms of being a PROTEIN TYPE who is not eating right for their type. I've been there. I had the anxiety, the shakes, frequently cold, acne, hyperhidrosis, sweet cravings, all of it.

After I changed my diet to the protein type diet, all of these symptoms were drastically reduced or completely eliminated.

The protein type diet is a HIGH FAT, HIGH PROTEIN diet. Your staple foods are beef, chicken legs and salmon. It's far too much to go into right now, but all of you should absolutely get The Metabolic Typing Diet. It will absolutely change your life.

Actually I have done a high protein diet (Atkins), I haven't checked into Metobolic typing diet yet but I will check it out. I figure it can't be too much different. IF so I didn't do well on that diet (I followed it strickly).

Actually I have done a high protein diet (Atkins), I haven't checked into Metobolic typing diet yet but I will check it out. I figure it can't be too much different. IF so I didn't do well on that diet (I followed it strickly).

You need to be diagnosed for decreased glucose tolerance with a GTT test

Once you know you suffer from that condition (you probably do given your symptoms) the diet you should follow is certainly not an Atkins diet. You need more than 100 grams of carbs daily, small and many meals thorough the day, a protein rich breakfast, remove your refined sugars and eat something every three hours but never simple carbs alone. A diet like this can easily be 50% protein, 30% fat and 20% protein

You can raise your fat intake even more and decrease further your carbohydrates intake but don't increase your fat intake too much. Most researches on glucose intolerance have shown that excessive fat intake forbids insulin for working properly, insulin resistance is caused by excessively larger fatty cells and an too much fat (just like too much refined sugars) triggers the downregulation of insulin receptors on the fatty cells (when the fat is excessive) or the muscle cells (the when quick acting sugar is excessive) surface

Daily moderate exercise will help you too to increase your glucose tolerance

I am a sufferer of this problem too! Danny is right with what he wrote. I have drastically reduced my sugar intake to only fruits and the occasional cookie or icecream and thats OCCASIONAL rather than 2-3 times a day like it used to be. And I completely took out all simple carbs like pasta and bread... that was easy though because im not one to crave breads, I more want a warm chocolate chip cookie lol.

That whole protein type thing is interesting to me. I am not sure of my blood type because I never was told but I really want to know so I can read that book.. eat right for your blood type! But I have been incorporating a lot more protein in the past couple of months :cool:

The protein type diet is definitely not Atkins. To be specific, it is a HIGH PURINE DIET. Purines are contained in most abundance in FATTY MEATS. Common meats with high purine levels are:

- Sardines

- Organ meats

- Lamb

- Beef

- Chicken legs (NOT chicken breast)

- Salmon

Purines are also contained in significant amounts in the following foods:

Vegetables: Celery, cauliflower, spinach, mushrooms, green beans

Fruits: Apple, pear, banana

So why eat lots of purines? Because purines slow down your cellular oxidation rate, which if you are a protein type, is VERY FAST. If you are a protein type, you are burning your sugar way faster than the average person, causing all kinds of symptoms like anxiety, sweating, racing thoughts, etc. Purines will slow you down, allowing you to function much more like a normal person.

Protein types have a genetic background of people who lived in areas where their diet consisted primarily of meat. These are typically Northern Europeans and Native Americans. You are genetically adapted to have your body thrive on meat, and this is why it will not function well on a diet that does not consist of large amounts of fatty meats.

I'm going to write a comprehensive article on metabolic typing and especially the protein type diet because I believe there are a huge amount of people with health problems that often include acne who are protein types. This is because the standard american diet is incredibly unhealthy for protein types, while mixed types and carbo types don't fare nearly as bad on it.

In the mean time though, I highly recommend you get the book I linked above and start experimenting with some high purine meats to see how you feel. If you start to feel calmer and your appetite becomes less ravenous, that is a good sign that it is working :). Metabolic typing has changed my life in so many ways I can't even begin to explain it, so take it from someone who has cured nearly all the symptoms mentioned above, try this stuff out. It really works.

P.S. The Metabolic Typing Diet is a different system than the Blood Type Diet which is unfortunate because the two are often mixed up. I believe the Blood Type Diet has some useful information, but for the most part is inaccurate, while Metabolic Typing has been shown in clinical practice to work very well (The Optimal Wellness Center and the C.H.E.K. Institute both use Metabolic Typing as their diet treatment of choice to treat their patients).

I think sugar is pretty bad for you, well "unnatural" sugar, like processed sugar. Im hypoglycemic *my blood sugar doesnt stay even, it falls and I get sick* and Im told to avoid sugar for the most part. This is because while a good dose of sugar raises blood sugar and can help during an "attack", it spikes your blood sugar realllly high and then it drops again.

Not only does this have a bad effect on me because of my hypoglycemia but I also dont think those kind of blood sugar spikes are good for skin because they are rough on the body.

I was thinking about how bad sugar must be the other day, because (I havent eaten a peice of cake or candy or anything like that in months) I was munching on pez absentmindedly and ate a BUNCH of them without noticing (Damn my boyfriend for buying me a pez dispenser lol), and I got sick, I was sick for HOURS. Horrible headache and sorta nausea. I could feel the sugar in my body.

Im not saying you have hypoglycemia or anything but even if you dont, sugar isnt good.

Im lucky because I have no sweet tooth..dont really like/crave the stuff and only eat it once in a great while. I would consider my body to be pretty sugar intolerant.

Guest ~Wolfy~

You might just be running out of B-vitamins.

Sugar ups your needs for this class of vitamins; you could try taking supplements and seeing if these symptoms improve.

Wolcott is not the originator of the metabolyc typing theory and doesn't seem to understand it fully or to have researched it deeply, he mostly repeats what the real discoverer found out but also simplify it and denaturates it too much. The real discoverer (the only one that has actual scientific proof to back up his claim) was Dr. William Kelley

Kelley discovered metabolic types while trying to treat cancer

He found out that cancer is mostly caused by a faulty metabolization of protein.

Metabolization of protein is due to protease enzymes and he clinically documented how the levels of these enzymes follow certain patterns in the metabolism of people. In other words certain people lack those enzymes and certain people have more. According to this documented facts he divided people into TEN categories from rare protein types to rare non-protein types

The majority of the population is in the middle

Kelley documented how protein types are way rarer than non-protein types and the point of his discovery was not to increase the wellness of protein types by increasing their protein intake but decreasing the protein intake of non-protein types to decrease their chance of developing cancer

Because of this there can't be just a protein type category and a carb-type category (actually there's no carb type category as the lack of protease enzyme doesn't occur with an increase in amylase enzimes)

But also the documented proofs of metabolic typing have nothing to do with theories about meat-consumer ancestors or protein-type genes (which have never been isolated or documented) or heritage of meat-based diet genes. These are fascinating theories but not proved or documented just speculation but according to paleontologist expert Dec Twohig only a very small percentage of the human population lived on a diet where meat consumptiong was high. Meat was a luxury, our ancestors were more scavenger than hunters and were actually not good hunters, besides most areas of europe which are colder nowadays were warmer in the past

Dr. Kelley Metabolic Typing

Wolcott is not the originator of the metabolyc typing theory and doesn't seem to understand it fully or to have researched it deeply, he mostly repeats what the real discoverer found out but also simplify it and denaturates it too much. The real discoverer (the only one that has actual scientific proof to back up his claim) was Dr. William Kelley

He found out that cancer is mostly caused by a faulty metabolization of protein.

Metabolization of protein is due to protease enzymes and he clinically documented how the levels of these enzymes follow certain patterns in the metabolism of people. In other words certain people lack those enzymes and certain people have more. According to this documented facts he divided people into TEN categories from rare protein types to rare non-protein types

Kelley documented how protein types are way rarer than non-protein types and the point of his discovery was not to increase the wellness of protein types by increasing their protein intake but decreasing the protein intake of non-protein types to decrease their chance of developing cancer

Because of this there can't be just a protein type category and a carb-type category (actually there's no carb type category as the lack of protease enzyme doesn't occur with an increase in amylase enzimes)

But also the documented proofs of metabolic typing have nothing to do with theories about meat-consumer ancestors or protein-type genes (which have never been isolated or documented) or heritage of meat-based diet genes. These are fascinating theories but not proved or documented just speculation but according to paleontologist expert Dec Twohig only a very small percentage of the human population lived on a diet where meat consumptiong was high. Meat was a luxury, our ancestors were more scavenger than hunters and were actually not good hunters, besides most areas of europe which are colder nowadays were warmer in the past

Hey Danny, I know you're skeptical, but the real proof that this stuff works is in practice. There's a reason why The Optimal Wellness Center and the C.H.E.K. Institute use William Wolcott's Metabolic Typing as their primary dietary program to heal their patients.

If you're interested in trying out the program yourself, the best way to start is to take the professional test here: http://www.mercola.com/metabolic_typing.htm

After you're done with the test, they'll send you a very detailed diet plan and meal plan that will show you how to eat every meal to optimize your metabolic balance.

One of the most amazing things about the protein type diet is that I am now able to eat 3 meals a day without getting hungry. I no longer have to eat 6 small meals to keep my blood sugar stable. If you'd like to get those kind of results too, give the program a try and see how it works.

Hey Danny, I know you're skeptical, but the real proof that this stuff works is in practice. There's a reason why The Optimal Wellness Center and the C.H.E.K. Institute use William Wolcott's Metabolic Typing as their primary dietary program to heal their patients.

If you're interested in trying out the program yourself, the best way to start is to take the professional test here: http://www.mercola.com/metabolic_typing.htm

After you're done with the test, they'll send you a very detailed diet plan and meal plan that will show you how to eat every meal to optimize your metabolic balance.

One of the most amazing things about the protein type diet is that I am now able to eat 3 meals a day without getting hungry. I no longer have to eat 6 small meals to keep my blood sugar stable. If you'd like to get those kind of results too, give the program a try and see how it works.

Thanks Jesse

I don't criticize the pratice but the theories behind it

Walcott system works but he's not completely true as to the reason why while I think Kelley was

The Optimal Wellness Center probably has good results with Walcott theories but they would imo have even more with Kelley ones. It's imo unquestionable that there are different metabolism types but Kelley was right on the money that they were at least 10 and not just 3 and influenced by enzymes rather than genes

I really hope your doctors didn't really suggest a fasting glucose and insulin test for the symptoms you complained about because such ignorance is almost criminal

The doctor suggested the fasting glucose and insulin test because I don't have regular periods and/or ovulation, and she wanted to see if it is blood sugar related (sorry, I don't remember how she explained the relationship exactly). I had not discussed the other symptoms (except acne) with her. Maybe I should next time I speak with her.

I don't have a sweet tooth and don't eat a lot of sugar (unless it's hidden in other foods I eat and I don't know about it). I prefer salty to sweet.

Thanks for the info, everybody. I am glad to have several avenues to explore and educate myself about so I can speak with the doctor about these things. Danny, HealthDude, do either of you know if what you speak of affects ovulation?

The doctor suggested the fasting glucose and insulin test because I don't have regular periods and/or ovulation, and she wanted to see if it is blood sugar related (sorry, I don't remember how she explained the relationship exactly). I had not discussed the other symptoms (except acne) with her. Maybe I should next time I speak with her.

Yes you must tell her that you think your problem is not chronic blood sugar irregularity but reactive blood sugar irregularity. The only way to know is to perform an OGTT (oral glucose tolerance test)

Thanks for the info, everybody. I am glad to have several avenues to explore and educate myself about so I can speak with the doctor about these things. Danny, HealthDude, do either of you know if what you speak of affects ovulation?

It could. Hyperinsulinemia affects fertility and andro-estrogenal activity

Absolutely. If you are a protein type that is not eating foods that are best for your body, your body is going to be under constant stress from malnutrition. When your body is under stress, it shuts down your reproductive organs to put all your energy into the current crisis, which in this case is malnutrition for your unique body. Until you start feeding your body the foods that it needs, it will continue to be under stress and you will be unable to ovulate.

However, stress can come from many other areas as well, such as social situations, work, too much exercise, etc., so you may want to look into that as well.

Oh, you should know that most doctors have no idea about most of these things, so don't expect to have any useful conversations with them. They will most likely want to prescribe you some drugs to solve your problems. I highly recommend you go about solving your issues the natural way because while drugs may alleviate your symptoms, they mask true underlying problems that will continue to exist until they may cause serious degenerative illness over time.

Hmm... Let's observe the logic being used here. Scientifically developed medicine with thousands of years of study and data behind it isn't helping me as immediately and totally as I expect it to! Therefore, this quack with no medical background and a plastic bag with a tube stuck up his ass MUST BE RIGHT! Plus he has a WEBSITE on the INTERNET! And it has hyperlinks to advertisers that conveniently sell his products! Ooooooo! Professional!

Quoted for truth.

Old wives' tale + crank + computer > western medicine :rolleyes:

The simple people fete these opportunist nutters by buying their "Step By Step" ebooks, "100% NATURAL guaranteed!" supplements, "#1 Diet" vanity publications, clicking on their affiliate links and generally spreading The Word.

The peasants used to dunk people like that to check that they sunk.