Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hockeyfan88_99

Lactic Acid..Good?

Hey, I just turned 18, have had acne for probably a few years and although it could be worse as everyone say's, it still looks like crap. There is still some active acne but a lot more red marks left over and very small pitted scars.

I bought some lactic acid online a week and a 1/2 ago and should be in any day now (i hope), was wondering if anyone has used it and what kinda of results did you get? how fast?, etc.

..and of course things to do right and avoid during the time, anything at all to help out a first timer, lol

does lactic acid only work on red marks/scars? would it help mild-moderate acne at all?

thanks

lactic acid is an AHA, which is the same group of acids as glycolic acid. the only difference for users is that lactic acid is somewhat milder and is recommended for people who use chemical peels for the first time and people with sensitive skin.

you can look up Glycolic acid peels:how to do them thread, which contains instructions for using glycolic peels, but those instructions are the same for lactic as well

good luck!

Hey, I just started using Lactic Acid a few days ago, since that's only for red marks/shallow scarring, i also have some active acne here

the proactiv 3-step plan looks good, I was wondering if I could use that while on the Lactic Acid, or is there a better/cheaper way to get rid of active acne?

What would you recommend?

i bought some lactic acid a week ago and just got it today, i will be putting it on in about an hour, ive done about 7 glycolic acid peels and ive decided to switch to lactic acid because i hear its better for scars, and red marks, the glycolic acid helped alot but there some red marks left, but WAY less than when i started, i decided id tone it down a bit with lactic acid (50%)

Hey, I just started using Lactic Acid a few days ago, since that's only for red marks/shallow scarring, i also have some active acne here

the proactiv 3-step plan looks good, I was wondering if I could use that while on the Lactic Acid, or is there a better/cheaper way to get rid of active acne?

What would you recommend?

lac-hydrin five is a lactic acid lotion which is at places like walgreens. i personally hate proactiv, i would suggest csr. also when you start using bp you have a hardening effect(look it up). aha takes time to get used to too. so if you start using aha and bp at the same time you in for a world of hurt, trust me. it depends on what you want gone more acne or redmarks. if you have dry skin, using lotion everyday can help with your acne.

lactic acid is good for sensitive and acne prone skin it exfoiliates the surface of your skin and should help with hyper pigmentation, it might help reduce break outs while your using this, it will also make your skin feel more firm and tight, ive used a lactic acid peels before and i suggest doing a peel once a week, the peeling is gradual and u wont actually see the peeling process, dont overuse it.