Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone I took accutane for a little over six months and my skin cleared up so beautifully and it was awesome to not have to wear makeup and feel confident, but it's been about 3 months since i have been off of it, and OMG my skin is breakin out again! no big cysts, just little ones but they are there and everywhere. :( im sad that i might have to go back on it again. has anyone else had any similar results. my skin was NEVER really bad, just mild acne and now its back to that again. :( i have a derm appt the 30th of this month, so we'll see what the doc says. hopefully i dont have to take it again...i cant go through those initial breakouts again and all those damn side effects, i thought i was done with all that.

its happening to me too. ive been off accutane for about a year and my acne is worse than ever. my appointment is wednesday and im just asking for more accutane. you can try anitbiotics, but if accutane worked you might as well catch it now before it gets worse...the initial breakout shouldnt be too bad if youre just starting to break out. ask and see what your options are, maybe you can take care of this with a topical cream or something. i however have been on many creams and antibiotics and nothing worked except the accutane. hope it gets better for you!

It's happening to me too. I've been off for just over 2 months and my skin cleared up brilliantly and I loved it. My acne was never too bad but just very persistent but now I'm getting lots of small ones cropping up all over the place again and it seems to just be heading back to how it was. I'm so pissed off but I have a derm appointment early November so I might have to go back on it.

I have been using differin since stopping tane which I think has helped a bit but nothing but tane worked for me before so i'm thinking that i'll have no choice but to go back on it.

You guys are really frightening me! I'm in my 5th month of Accutane and my skin hasn't even cleared yet. My derm assures me that it will continue to get better, and should completely clear after I stop taking the med.

So I'm curious as to what all of your cumulative doses were? Were they between the 120-150mg/kg range?

i dont understand??

why does it return for some people and not for others?

its scary as its such a powerful drug you would think that it would be the ultimate cure :confused::confused::confused:

My accumulative dosage was about 125mg. I was on 30mg per day for the first couple of weeks which was then increased to 40mg for a further month. After that I was on 60mg per day for the rest of my 5 month course. My skin showed the most improvement in the first 2 -3 weeks after finishing my course but in the last 3 weeks or so it seems to be getting progressively worse.

I've no idea why mine is coming back. It makes me wonder whether there is an underlying reason for my acne, whether it be diet, stress or some other external factor. I have asked my derm about this on several occassions but he doesn't seem to agree. I'm really hoping I don't need another course but I know that nothing else has ever worked for me in the past and previous treatments have included several courses of antibiotics, benzamycin gel, differin, aknemycine, dalacin as wel as various OTC treatments.

I know that a lot of people only ever need the one course but obviously you don't hear abut those on here as once cured, there's no real reason to come back on this board. Don't let the unfortunate ones put you off! I have enjoyed several months of clear skin as a direct result of Roaccutane which has been fantastic and my skin isn't as bad (yet) as it used to be. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

it is not as uncommon as you think to go on a second round of accutane. i know how it feels. you are taking accutane, and you have these huge expectations because its supposed to be this acne wonder drug. It is, dont get me wrong, but for some people it takes a little longer. i am myself just started my third round. so im really hoping this is it.

it is not as uncommon as you think to go on a second round of accutane. i know how it feels. you are taking accutane, and you have these huge expectations because its supposed to be this acne wonder drug. It is, dont get me wrong, but for some people it takes a little longer. i am myself just started my third round. so im really hoping this is it.

yeah, i am just finishing up my 3rd round. different ppl have different results. honestly, i am not expecting much after this 3rd round, but who knows... :pray:

i've just finished and my skin is really red and blotchy, i don't know whether it's because i have spots, though my skin is too dry to produce any spots... but it's gross anyway lol. when i was on roaccutane my skin was much better and i am just worried it won't heal up.

the thing that is dissapointing is i never have had SEVERE acne, just mild, but gd persistant. i was so happy how beautifully clear my skin was after just a few months of using accutane. it's really dissapointing that my skin is no longer clear again. i thought i was "cured". :( but i guess i might have to go on another round...just doesn't make sense, b/c it's not like i have ever had REALLY bad skin, just always a few pimples. we'll see what my derm says. i have tried so many OTCs and benzamyic, retin-a, benz perioxide, and other orals, you name it, i have tried it. accutane was the only thing that cleared my skin up, but i thought it was suppost to be forever, not just a few months. i cannot wait for appt to get the show on the road, i hate having icky skin. wish me luck kids. and good luck to all those who are on their second or even third round. i hope if ido have to take round two, that it is the last time. keep your heads up kids, we got a road of clear skin ahead of us, somewhere. :)