Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ashes

i hate to say it; but i think im stopping the regimen. :(

Its working wonders for me but the dryness is getting worse and the stiffness is unbearable. I can barely open my mouth to eat because its so dry and stiff around my mouth. I put on moisturizer in that area and it still is stiff and dry. I dont know what to do.

My skin texture is now messed up. I got light red (barely noticeable but yet I notice them) blotches on my face from where the BP irritated my skin! I dont know what to do.

I hate to stop because its work so well, but I cant stand the stiffness. Maybe I should only use a finger lengths instead of 2. It seems like when I was on one finger my face didnt dry or stiffen, but when I started 1 1/2 and then 2 is started doing this. I've been using two fingers for about a week to ten days but the stiffness/dryness gets worse.

OMG, what should I do!! I dont want my acne back but I dont want this uncomfortableness (is that a word?) on my face!

well definitely cut back on the bp in the interim. what type of cleaser and moisturiser are you using...they might be contribut6ing to the dryness also

I'm using the Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar and On The Spot, and for the moisturizer I'm using is Neutrogena Moisture for Sensitive Skin.

What kind of gel should I switch to? Will that really solve the stiffness?

Sounds like you increased the bp too fast. This is common. Go back a step or two with the bp, and if this doesn't help, stop altogether for a couple of weeks. Then increase the dosage more slowly next time.

Also, Eucerin Renewal Alpha Hydroxy moisturizer, or any alpha hydroxy moisturizer for that matter, is better at moisturizing. However, it should not be used on irritated skin, so wait for the irritation to subside before switching. In the meantime, moisturize as needed, as often as you need to, but do it gently.

-Dan

The stiffness and excessive dryness is due to the ingredient bentonite on the Neutrogena BP, an absorbent that can be too drying for dry skin.

For the BP gel, you could try either Peter Thomas Roth 2.5%, Benzac AC 2.5% (ask your pharmacist), or any 10% BP gel (Zapzyt, Clean & Clear, etc.) mixed with 3oz. of aloe vera gel.

I hate to stop because its work so well, but I cant stand the stiffness. Maybe I should only use a finger lengths instead of 2. It seems like when I was on one finger my face didnt dry or stiffen, but when I started 1 1/2 and then 2 is started doing this. I've been using two fingers for about a week to ten days but the stiffness/dryness gets worse

fuck man if it's stiff or seems dry ur bp probably is'nt absorbed or ur using too much... cut back a bit. i only use peasized for my forehead and cheeks another peasize and only use it at night...

As Dan wrote, you probably wanna cut back a little on the dosage or maybe take a short break.

However, you probably cannot escape some degree of stiffness during the treatment, but if it's that bad (that you're having trouble opening your mouth to eat) I see why you have a problem.

Hang in there, though; we can do this... O:)

I'm using the Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar and On The Spot, and for the moisturizer I'm using is Neutrogena Moisture for Sensitive Skin.