Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_suks

People on/or have been on Accutane

I'm almost done with my third week on Accutane. I'm taking 40mg a day (two 20mg pills morning/night). The past two weeks haven't been a pretty site sad.gif I keep having crazy flare-ups - worse than before - but they seem to subside quickly. My face is a 'pinkish' tone. I have MASS blackheads on my nose - I hope it's because they're being pushed out from under my skin?

What I'm Using:

Cetaphil Daily Face Wash (morning/night)

Erythromycin Pads (morning/night)

Wash with plain water around noon

Eucerin Daily Replenishing Moisturizer

Should I stay away from the erythromycin pads? They don't seem to be irrating, but I'm not sure if they're helping. Anyone have any experience on them? What should I do to prevent the pinkish texture in my face?

I'm at college and they serve fatty fatty foods i have to eat. Is this going to effect my outcome?

I do not know what Erythromycin Pads are but keep your regimen simple just basic cleansing and moisturizer Accutane will do the rest and judging by your break-outs Accutane is working well breaking out on the Tane and getting the junk out is a good thing some people break out their entire course... smile.gif

I have MASS blackheads on my nose - I hope it's because they're being pushed out from under my skin?

Yep, thats it. During the few weeks I was on accutane the only time my nose felt like normal skin was just after a good washing. The rest of the time it had this funny, almost fuzzy feeling. It was all of the blackheads coming out. Kinda sick but overall a very good thing.