Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brandolynn

CeraVe lotion

Yeah I was looking at CeraVe lotion last time I was at walgreens. I almost bought it instead of Cetaphil but decided to stay with a CSR reccomended product.

These are the ingredients, if anyone wants to review them (& let me know what it all means :unsure:):

Purified Water , Glycerin , Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride , Behentrimonium Methosulfate , Cetearyl Alcohol , Ceteareth-20 and Cetearyl Alcohol , Ceramide-3 , Ceramide 6-II , Ceramide 1 , Hyaluronic Acid , Cholesterol , Dimethicone , Polysorbate 20 , Poylglyceryl-3 Diisostearate , Potassium Phosphate , Dipotassium Phosphate , Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate , Cetyl Alcohol , Disodium EDTA , Phytosphingosine , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Carbomer , Xanthan Gum

So I tried this lotion last night and this morning.

It has a lighter texture than Moisturel and Lac-Hydrin Five and Cetaphil. It comes in a pump dispenser, and when you pump it out, it almost has a lumpy look and feel to it, like it is aerated or something. But it is just the consistency of the lotion. Anyway, it is light in texture and the 'lumpiness' really isn't lumps. It feels very light going on (I used a whole pump for my entire face) and it took a bit more time to work in and get it to disappear but so far it is very good. My face looks moist and plump, no dryness whatsoever. It isn't shiny like Cetaphil either. And it isn't thick.

No stinging, it felt good and soothing.

I'll keep using it for a few weeks and continue to update.

okay people, this is an exceptional moisturizer.

If your skin is too sensitive for an AHA lotion but is parched and overdry, please consider giving this moisturizer a try. This moisturizer is so nice and plumps up my skin so nicely, and totally non-irritating.

If Jojoba oil isn't an option, or you just are still looking for a good quaity moisturizer, do consider CeraVe.

Brandy, would you say that this moisturizer works AS WELL as Cetaphil, only without the shiny factor? The shiny-ness is the only thing I dislike about Cetaphil; I love it's moisturizing capabilities and the way it keeps flakes away. Also how does it compare cost-wise? Thanks!

From Walgreens.com

CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

Price: $12.99 for 12.0 oz.

Unit Price: $1.08/oz.

Cetaphil Moisture Lotion for Dry Sensitive Skin

Price: regular: $9.99 current sale:$6.99 for 16.0 oz.

Unit Price: regular: $0.63/oz current sale: $0.44/oz

So CeraVe is more expensive than Cetaphil & you get less. However, at my local Walgreens I think I paid more than that online price for Cetaphil (if I remember correctly) & dont remember there being quite that difference in price between it & CeraVe.

Brandy, would you say that this moisturizer works AS WELL as Cetaphil, only without the shiny factor? The shiny-ness is the only thing I dislike about Cetaphil; I love it's moisturizing capabilities and the way it keeps flakes away. Also how does it compare cost-wise? Thanks!

Yes, imo, it moisturizes as well as Cetaphil, but it is not as thick as Cetaphil. And yes, I think it is less shiny.

I purchased CeraVe, and begin testing it last night. Feels good so far, now to see if it breaks me out.... It moisturizes very well and absorbs quickly- not nearly as greasy as the Cetaphil. I will continue to test unless I breakout.

good deal Shanky, the more people that try these, the better.

I've been using CeraVe for a week now I think, so far so good.