Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Siouxsie

Lac-Hydrin 5 - once or twice a day?

I have just started using Lac-Hydrin Five, 4 weeks into CSR. I am only using it once a day, in the morning, and then Cetaphil at night (cetaphil makes my face too shiny for day). It says on the back to use twice a day for best results. What is the best way? Should I work up to twice a day or stay at once a day?

I am also incorporating a little jojoba oil too. That with the lac-hydrin 5 is helping my neck, which has been painfully dry, but my faced is not that bad (probably cuz I've used BP a lot in the past on my face & my face is much more oily than my neck). Also, is the stinging normal? The stinging has already lessened on my face but the super dry areas on my neck sting pretty bad.

Some stinging is normal in the beginning with AHA products. If you are still stinging after 4 weeks, I don't know if I would use it twice a day. You'll just have to judge if your skin can handle it twice a day or not. But, it is fine to use it twice if you want to, or you can continue to alternate it like you have been doing.

brandy would it be fine to use lac hydrin5 once at night even though I only do the regimen at night? I dont moisterize cleanse or any of that during the day.

Thanks Brandy!

Strider1: I would think that it would be fine for you to use it once a day. If its okay to use it twice a day as your only moisturizer then you should be able to use it once a day as your only moisturizer. Seems logical to me :D

brandy would it be fine to use lac hydrin5 once at night even though I only do the regimen at night? I dont moisterize cleanse or any of that during the day.

you can certainly give it a try and see.

It's a good moisturizer, I don't think it will cause you any problems.