Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

Name your favorite beauty tips/secrets

Do you have any beauty secrets or tips that you live buy?

My beauty tip-- using vaseline for everything. I LOVE vaseline... I use it to take off eyemakeup.. I put it under my eyes when I go to bed, I put it on my eyelashes to moisturize.. I use it for lipbalm.. and if my feet feel a little dry, I slather them in vaseline and put socks on overnight. :angel:

lol, i saw this thread and was going to say vaseline! ok, lets see what else.....i also use nail-polish remover for a lot of things--like it gets ink or gum or whatever off of anything, especially skin. i guess that nots really a beauty tip lol.

i spray perfume on the inside of my knees its supposed to last longer and not just "rise away"

it'd be cool to see what else gets posted. i also hear that a soft toothbrush can buff away cracked/peeling lips in the winter. oh, and those blotting papers for oily skin? thats crap, you can just use handy tissue to blot.

also, i never wear lipstick just straight from the tube and on my lips. i smudge it in with my finger it looks better, not so harsh. i always always wear lip balm as a base before lipstick.

anyone know how to make your eye shadow last through the day without creasing?

vasaline under your eyes? does it help with the little lines and creases that come with age? hope so, I have tried something from St. Ives and am about to try Sudden Change for that area but if vasaline works better, great and much cheaper too! Spray your brush with hairspray and then run through hair lightly will help with the fly aways and just put conditioner in the ends of hair where it needs it the most.

rosie: to make my eyeshadow stay without creasing (the lines), I used to put my liquid foundation in there, made sure it was dry (lots of fanning with my eyes closed), then put on eyeshadow

I would also use the liquid eyeshadow as a base and put the real colours on top of it.... worked really well!

I'm waiting for mineral make up eyeshadow, so we'll see how well it stands up ;)

rosie: to make my eyeshadow stay without creasing (the lines), I used to put my liquid foundation in there, made sure it was dry (lots of fanning with my eyes closed), then put on eyeshadow

I would also use the liquid eyeshadow as a base and put the real colours on top of it.... worked really well!

I'm waiting for mineral make up eyeshadow, so we'll see how well it stands up ;)

k thanks i will try that out! :)

Guest Sincerely_Me

-I have super long eyelashes, but if you want a real dramatic curl, blowdry them upwards for like 15 seconds each, (on cool) apply mascara and do it again.

-Guys always have complimented me on my lips after a kiss. I actually got told they were so soft he didn't even remember what to do...haha. I efoliate with a toothbrush, put on Carmex lip balm, (or burt's bees which I love!) and then vitamin E oil...it feels heavy, but it's great.

-I exfoliate my hands with sugar all the time.

-Alpha Hydrox is GREAT for dry skin. I use it all the time.

-Apply body lotion STRAIGHT out of the shower, and then baby oil.

-Put baby powder in your socks, haha.

-Put a cotton ball sprayed with a scent in your drawers, along with a piece of wood. (put wood in your closet as well)

-Brush your teeth with baking soda, it keeps them really white.

Ohhh a couple beauty tips i'd like to add! (they are kind of obvious ones but oh well :P)

- Buy white eyeliner and line the inner rims of your eyes and the corners to brighten your eyes up.

- To look slimmer, wear longer jeans (or if you are wearing dressy pants.. find pants with maybe vertical pinstrips) ... also, a long shirt.. high heels help too. :angel:

Sincerely Me, I am going to give that baking soda thing a try to whiten my teeth! I had no idea! :D

Guest Sincerely_Me

Ohhh a couple beauty tips i'd like to add! (they are kind of obvious ones but oh well :P)

- Buy white eyeliner and line the inner rims of your eyes and the corners to brighten your eyes up.

- To look slimmer, wear longer jeans (or if you are wearing dressy pants.. find pants with maybe vertical pinstrips) ... also, a long shirt.. high heels help too. :angel:

Sincerely Me, I am going to give that baking soda thing a try to whiten my teeth! I had no idea! :D

It tastes GROSS, but it works.

Put baking soda in a ziploc bag, dampen your toothbrush, dip it in and brush for 2 mins. Be gentle though, it can REALLY hurt your gums.

*Epsom salt baths.

*Vaseline + cotton gloves and socks before bed (it helps absorbtion it you stick the gloves and socks in the microwave for about 10 seconds first)

*Visine on redmarks when I know I'll be in front of a camera (i don't do it all the time because it's just a short term fix and i don't know what sort of negative affects it may have on skin)

Perfect Pout

1. Benefit Smooch, then blot

2. Benefit Lip Plump, then blot

3. MAC Blot Powder, corners of lips and around lip line

4. Benefit Sketching Lip Pencil in Siren, starting at the bow. Follow natural lipline until just before corners, then within natural lip line. Same with bottom lip. Making lips more narrow somehow makes lips look fuller. Fill lips almost entirely, leaving out the very center. Then blot

5. Benefit Lipstick in Zero Guilt, then blot

6. Benefit Lip Gloss in Rendezvous covering entire area that has been lined and of course the center.

I do my lips around 6 am. When I get home from work, usually between 6 and 8pm, it looks almost as perfect as it did 12 hours before without needing to reapply.

im surprised by how many people dont do this...but brush your eyebrows! you can get the little brushes at a makeup store or just use a toothbrush. it gives you a sleek, clean look and defines your arch better. works great if you put a little hairspray on the brush for those who dont like to pluck or wax! ;)

l oh, and those blotting papers for oily skin? thats crap, you can just use handy tissue to blot.

also for that, the toilet seat covers found in public restrooms work AMAZING.

and for my eyeshadow not creasing i use a eyeshadow base, it works great.

Mushing up strawberries and putting them on your teeth is suppose to help whiten them... hydrogen peroxide also.

how about just eating strawberries? lots and lots of them.

Guest blackheadben

whoooa! Strawberries will break down your enamel! They are very acidic. Yeah, your teeth do get whiter, but also more sensitive. Hydrogen peroxide work well without wearing the enamel down.

I'll admit, i pluck.

Nothing wrong with guys plucking =)

hey guys.. i used to be a vaseline whore too.. for eyemakeup removal, lip balm, vaseline lotions..well i still use it but im not so crazy because i've heard that vaseline is a "crude oil" and its supposed to be bad because its like all synthetic and not natural or something.. does anyone know anything about this?

hey guys.. i used to be a vaseline whore too.. for eyemakeup removal, lip balm, vaseline lotions..well i still use it but im not so crazy because i've heard that vaseline is a "crude oil" and its supposed to be bad because its like all synthetic and not natural or something.. does anyone know anything about this?

Vaseline, aka Petroleum Jelly, is a non-renewable resource. It's particles are to large for the skin to absorb, so it sits on the skin-which does not allow the skin to breathe and does not moisturize skin-it can actually make dry skin worse.

It shouldn't be used in or on eyes-it can cause a nasty eye infection.

Instead, for lips try Vitamin E or Jojoba oil, for eye make-up remover try Sweet Almond Oil, for feet or hands, try Shea Butter.

My beauty tips:

1. Aloe Vera Gel - for scars, as a make-up primer, hair gel, facial moisturizer

2. Shea Butter - for dry feet & hands

3. Amla - as hair gloss

4. Henna - as hair dye

5. Chamomile Tea Bags (chilled) - for puffy eye lids

6. Kaolin Clay & Rosewater - as a facial mask

7. Vitamin E - as lip moisturizer

8. Jojoba Oil or Watermelon Seed Oil - 2 drops as nighttime facial moisturizer for oily skin

9. Sweet Almond Oil - as eye make-up remover

10. Apply both foundation & powder on lips before lipgloss/lipstick application - will last all day long

11. Apply foundation & powder on eye lids before eyeshadow & use mineral shadow with clay in it to avoid creasing

12. Apply concealer OVER foundation to cover blemishes for a more natural look

13. To curl eyelashes without breakage or damage, heat a spoon with warm breath and gently place against eyelashes for 15 seconds

awesome tips veggie girl! thanks!

I had no idea about the vaseline thing either... How come so many people recommend it for moisturizing if it doesn't do anything?? =(

Use eyeshadow as eyeliner by applying with a flat/angled/eyeliner brush. So much more easier to apply and control than stupid pencil liners, and the result looks softer and more natural.

Replace vaseline with olive oil... olive oil is just as versatile, and it's actually moisturizing.

awesome tips veggie girl! thanks!

I had no idea about the vaseline thing either... How come so many people recommend it for moisturizing if it doesn't do anything?? =(

Vaseline works because it holds moisture in-that it why is recommended for moisturising. It is very effective.

lol, i saw this thread and was going to say vaseline! ok, lets see what else.....i also use nail-polish remover for a lot of things--like it gets ink or gum or whatever off of anything, especially skin. i guess that nots really a beauty tip lol.

i spray perfume on the inside of my knees its supposed to last longer and not just "rise away"

it'd be cool to see what else gets posted. i also hear that a soft toothbrush can buff away cracked/peeling lips in the winter. oh, and those blotting papers for oily skin? thats crap, you can just use handy tissue to blot.

also, i never wear lipstick just straight from the tube and on my lips. i smudge it in with my finger it looks better, not so harsh. i always always wear lip balm as a base before lipstick.

anyone know how to make your eye shadow last through the day without creasing?

Try applying foundation to your eyes b-4 u put on ur eyeshadow.

because it does.