Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I recently stumbled across this site and discovered alot of people are trying needling. I suggest you don't. If you're desperate to get rid of scarring, please try other more proven alternatives, or even similar techniques done by a professional, even it you have to pay considerable dollars. I tried needling twice on my rolling scars, and I can say I probably made them 10-15% worse after doing it. This was several months ago. I took all the precautions, used the right needles etc, but all I did was damage my skin by wounding it even more. My scars are much more pronounced and larger, if not, deeper. I am quite angry and frustrated from the advice given to try this method, which I learned about elsewhere.

I really don't want to alarm people, but I just wanted to share. It might work for some it seems. But in my experience, I DO NOT RECOMMEND NEEDLING AT ALL.

I recently stumbled across this site and discovered alot of people are trying needling. I suggest you don't. If you're desperate to get rid of scarring, please try other more proven alternatives, or even similar techniques done by a professional, even it you have to pay considerable dollars. I tried needling twice on my rolling scars, and I can say I probably made them 10-15% worse after doing it. This was several months ago. I took all the precautions, used the right needles etc, but all I did was damage my skin by wounding it even more. My scars are much more pronounced and larger, if not, deeper. I am quite angry and frustrated from the advice given to try this method, which I learned about elsewhere.

I really don't want to alarm people, but I just wanted to share. It might work for some it seems. But in my experience, I DO NOT RECOMMEND NEEDLING AT ALL.

I concur! Those trying this method on their own are not going to get anywhere!

I agree. I had the same negative experience and I followed the directions to the letter. It's just important to realize that not every procedure works on every person, so we must proceed at our own risk.

Well, I'm sitting on the fence with this one. The fact that I've only heard good things about needling, will I continue. I've only had one session, and while I can't see any improvement (hey it's early days anyway) I'm thinking optimistically. I've already been knocked back with alternatives you speak of, and regardless of how shitty my life can be with scars, there's no way I'll be spending ridiculous amounts of money out of my own pocket merely for the pursuit of looking/feeling perfect. I can think of better ways to utlilise funds.

Treatment takes time. It's true not everything works for individuals, but I think alot of the time this is why people experience failure with various methods - because they give up and don't persist. Two sessions is hardly enough?

There are no absolutes here.

Any method or chemical you use that's strong enough to help your scars can also make them worse. There are lot of things to consider: your age, the state of your scars (some of us have scars bad enough -that it dosen't make a lot of difference if more are made), your risk tolerance, your knowledge and experience of techniques and what they can and can't accomplish, your skin type, your type of scars etc.

I've had good results from needling. I know what I'm doing. There are some here that have obsessed over very small scarring but otherwise have very nice skin - for these people the stonger techniques should not be attempted - because the scars don't warrent it and the messups will be obvious.

consider people are very different here and very different factors (see above)

Leslie