Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HELPMYMAN

MY MAN WONT GET HELP

:wall: RIGHT MY FELLA HAS HAD NODULES FOR ABOUT TEN YEARS NOW. WEVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR 4 YEARS NOW AND HES ONLY JUST LET ME SEE HIS BACK COZ HE THINKS ITS DIRTY, BUT HE WONT LET ME HELP SO THIS IS MY ONLY WAY OF FIGURING OUT WHAT TO DO. ACNE RULES HIS LIFE(AS IM SURE IT DOES WITH EVERYBODY ELSE) RIGHT DOWN TO WHAT TOP HE WEARS(MOST OF HIS SPOTS CAN BE SEEN THROUGH HIS CLOTHES) AND HIS FACE IS COVERED IN SCARS.please help me help him

:wall: RIGHT MY FELLA HAS HAD NODULES FOR ABOUT TEN YEARS NOW. WEVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR 4 YEARS NOW AND HES ONLY JUST LET ME SEE HIS BACK COZ HE THINKS ITS DIRTY, BUT HE WONT LET ME HELP SO THIS IS MY ONLY WAY OF FIGURING OUT WHAT TO DO. ACNE RULES HIS LIFE(AS IM SURE IT DOES WITH EVERYBODY ELSE) RIGHT DOWN TO WHAT TOP HE WEARS(MOST OF HIS SPOTS CAN BE SEEN THROUGH HIS CLOTHES) AND HIS FACE IS COVERED IN SCARS.please help me help him

Has he tried any antiobiotics or topical creams etc? i know how he must be feeling bcoz up until now ive been heaps self conscious around my bf about my acne and wudnt let him touch my face or see my back....I'm on roaccutane at the moment bcoz its the last resort after uve tried everything so maybe you could suggest that 2 him?

Also, just try to act and sound heaps kool about his acne and let him know that it doesnt bother u (even if it does) just so he could relax and talk to u about it and let u help him....

it's such a tough thing...goood luck hun

he said he tried some stuff in his teens but think hes still too touchy bout it to show it to his doc, just suggested accutane as he was on his way out an he seemed interested so ya never know we might have had a breakthrough lol an i am really cool about it jus wish hed sort it to make himself feel better like i said it controls what he wears an stuff, u have been really helpful chic thanks loads an loads :D keep in touch*K*

he said he tried some stuff in his teens but think hes still too touchy bout it to show it to his doc, just suggested accutane as he was on his way out an he seemed interested so ya never know we might have had a breakthrough lol an i am really cool about it jus wish hed sort it to make himself feel better like i said it controls what he wears an stuff, u have been really helpful chic thanks loads an loads :D keep in touch*K*

It's all good :) Show him some before and after pics of people who has used accutane...he'l be heaps impressed and will wanna give it a go too...trustttt me...good luck hun

thank u babe your a superstar u really have helped an am gonna show him some pics when he gets home. fanks again and again and again lol *K*

Have him come here and talk to everyone.

We've all been there!

he needs your help, sounds like acne really caused him a lot of pain in the past... ur v nice :)

only offer help if he wants it though, you don't want him to think you don't like him because of his acne.. believe me, he might think that.

the first step is to go to a dermatologist.

the next tell him to come and visit us in the forum so he can read out stories, and tell him hes not alone, also he can look at my profile and gallery so he can see i also have acne on my back, and just whent to the dermatologist 1 1/2 weeks ago and she placed me on (minocycline) so tell your man to get his butt in here and make his profile and place his pics and go to the dermatologist so he can be placed on something and get better.

ignore the ppl who just suggested antibiotics. if he has had sever acne for ten years and has scarring then you need to get him on the accutane ASAP!

antibiotics will only help short term then come back worse.

tell him its only six months and u'll be there for him the whole time

i wish i had a GF to confide in while i'm going through my treatment....would make things sooooooo much easier.

They do seem to lend alot of support. Especially if they're understanding and are willing to help the cause.

But, girlfriends are alot of stress.

They do seem to lend alot of support. Especially if they're understanding and are willing to help the cause.

But, girlfriends are alot of stress.

You're only saying that coz you don't have one :P

Get him to come here and talk because acne has ruled many and most of us. He doesn't seem to be dealing with it and it would be really good for him to maybe see that there are soo many of us out there with cystic acne. I know I felt as if I was the only one... it may just get him ready to deal with the situation instead of hiding.

Lol my last girlfriend dumped me when I got a majour breakout, im clear now, and also clear about where she stands, ya know ?

Lol my last girlfriend dumped me when I got a majour breakout, im clear now, and also clear about where she stands, ya know ?

are you in high school?

are you in high school?

No Im 21 in College and I'm in Business Adminstration 2nd year.

Why ? You thought college girls are any more conciderate than high school girls ? Probably even less.