Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Matt007

Is 20mg enough for me?

After 5 weeks of Oratane.....2 pills a day.I am still getting some whiteheads,and i can feel pimples that are gonna come in a week or so.But it has cleared my underlying skin very well.

Now here are some pics of me and my mild acne :wall:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Should i stick on the 20mg for NINE FREAKING MONTHS or ask my Doctor for the 40 mg prescription after blood tests. Also the side effects so far on 20 mg have been very dry skin just below my elbows,chapped lips,bloodshot eyes and just dry skin.So some advice from you guys would be great.Also if i go on 40 mg im presuming the side effects will intensify :doh: ?

Cheers

Matt

same position as you m8. Im on 20 mg a day and ive been on it for 1 month and 1 week.

Im really not sure to get a higher dosage or not. :think:

I have the same side effects as you but i get really bad back pains and leg pains. So im worried that if i have a higher dosage that there would be more pain.

20 mg might be a good dose for you guys... being on 40 mg the first month and 60 mg the second month i have only had the breakout side effect, and some mental issues

maybe 20 mg will make it so you dont break out as much, trust me, if it does you should feel lucky... its making me look like a total and complete mess

if you have a real bad breakout after the 1st month, then i would ask for more if I were you... but if you dont.. then just let it do its thing

I think when my acne got worse because of accutane, i got depressed alot

I rarely go out anymore, it like ruined my social life

But i dont think its because of the accutane itself, i think its because my face is horrible and i just want to put my life on hold until im good again