Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dancedd

Paleo diet

Hey,

Okay so this is the first post before I start on Sunday or Monday on this clean diet. Very similar to Dan's way of eating. Only I won't eat any chicken or lean meats. I will eat fish on occasion.

Pre-clean diet:

Breakfast- skip

Lunch- subway sandwich with chips and apple juice

Diner- fish sandwich with french fries

snacks- brownies, cookies

I circled the spots that have acne on my face. It might not look like alot but I get acne that is painful on my face. I used to have alot more. But as you can see on my skin care regimen I use alot of products.

[attachmentid=6321]

[attachmentid=6324]

[attachmentid=6325]

DAY 1:

Breakfast: apple-pear smoothie (2 apples, 2 pears blended) (organic)

Lunch: oven baked salmon (No added of any spices or salt, only lemon juice), kale and lettuce, tomatoes

Dinner: salad with olive oil and almonds (organic)

snacks: carrots (organic)

liquids: about 2 glasses of water the whole day

no difference in skin. still oily and pimply.

Been hungry all day. LOL really craving the sugar and carbs!! :wacko:

DAY 2:

Breakfast : 4 organic bannanas

Lunch: spinach salad with tomatoes and carrots and olive oil (all organic)

Dinner: kale, 2 apples and 1 pear smoothie (all organic)

snacks: almonds (unsalted, organic), carrots (organic)

Liquids: one cup of organic tea, water, apple juice

No difference in skin.

Day 3:

Breakfast: 4 organic bannanas

Lunch: kale, 1 apple, 2 peaches smoothie (all organic)

dinner: salmon sushi, miso soup, rice

*so yeah I cheated on this meal coz I had rice*

liquids: water

You sure you're getting enough protein?

yeah I am sure :)

meat and fish are not the only ways to get protein. you can still get protein from lots of fruits and veggies.

meat and fish are not the only ways to get protein. you can still get protein from lots of fruits and veggies.

I disagree; you're not getting enough protein, or calories either for that matter. Eating more strictly than you need to will only make it harder to stay on the diet. Add some eggs at least.

I disagree; you're not getting enough protein, or calories either for that matter. Eating more strictly than you need to will only make it harder to stay on the diet. Add some eggs at least.

check these guys out: http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/ :)

Veganism doesn't impress me. I was one for five years, and I ended up with acne, severe anemia and other health problems that have disappeared thanks to eating meat.

Well I kind of got side tracked the last 9 days so I haven't posted anything. I had a couple stressy days with my school so I cheated alot. :redface: so here I am starting again. lol :dance:

DAY 1:

Breakfast:

2 apples, 2 pears smoothie in a blender (all organic)

Lunch:

Fried salmon (farm raised)

half a tomato (organic)

2 small cucumbers (organic)

olive oil (organic)

1 small winter squash baked in oven (organic)

Dinner:

2 Boiled eggs

green salad (organic)

almonds (organic)

I still have acne in my lower left chin just like the first picture. And now I also have zits on my right lower chin. lol And this acne on chin is pretty painful :( I will post my pics sometime this weekend. I just realized I should probably reduce or stop eating fried foods. I read somewhere that fried foods are bad for your skin. :doh:

DAY 2:

Breakfast:

Nothing (woke up late)

Lunch:

Tuna salad: lettuce (organic), olive oil (organic)

1 cup of water

Dinner:

Squash

Fruit salad: apples, grapes (all organic)

1 cup of water

Snacks:

carrots (organic)

No difference in acne since its still too early. I still have painfull acne on my chin :cry:

DAY 3 and DAY 4 similar food choices.

I still have acne on my chin. :angry: and I got a new zit on my forehead, and two near the nose area :confused:

I would also humbely suggest more water (more like 8 8 oz. glasses a day)

DAY 5-DAY 8

pretty much the same. I did cheat once by having two slices of pizza during that time. I also started to eat some kind of fish (salmon, halibut, tuna, trout) everyday. sometimes eggs and nuts.

I still have acne on my chin and gotten new big cysts on my right cheek, on forehead, near nose. :cry:

I want to post pics but I feel so embarased of the way I look. :blush: I know its weird saying it on here. lol

DAY 9

Breakfast:

3 apples

Lunch:

Salad-tuna, egg, lettuce(organic), tomatoes(organic)

Dinner:

sushi (I guess this is another cheat coz of rice lol)

salad

Beverages:

water, 100% fruit juices

I still have a big cycst on my right cheek :wall: . Also still have zits on my chin that won't seem to go away! :think:

stay strong dancedd! i didnt notice improvements on my body acne from wai's diet on my first week. and two weeks on it wasnt enough to notice any progress on my face (i quit wai's diet though coz my grandma took control over the meals n i couldnt finance the diet, plus cravings worsened). im on relatively clean diet now.

Good luck with your diet. Now that I'm following a paleo style diet, I can't believe the kind of garbage diet I followed before and how I suffered because of it.

Thank you guys for your support :) I been noticing how emotionally attached I am to food. I didn't realize this before. But its been quite hard eating so clean. lol I guess I used food to make myself feel better and not feel so sad. Now all the emotions are coming out. Anyone else feeling this way?

Thank you guys for your support :) I been noticing how emotionally attached I am to food. I didn't realize this before. But its been quite hard eating so clean. lol I guess I used food to make myself feel better and not feel so sad. Now all the emotions are coming out. Anyone else feeling this way?

i did! they were quite strong. it's affecting me still. ive become too conscious of what i eat that when i couldnt help eating anythin less healthy, i would feel soooooo guilty. i also spend days, literally, looking for the perfect recipes. it's very stressful. but when i eat crap for consecutive days, i would long to eat healthy foods after. it's weird so i try to avoid buying bad stuff coz once i bring one home, i know for sure im doomed. and oh, have i mentioned i developed binge eating disorder after doin wai's diet?

Sometimes when I get nervous or frustrated I look to candy to calm me down which is really my emotional attachment to food. But I feel that as long as I'm about 90% on diet everything's fine. I'm not going to beat myself up to follow a diet.

So from the start I allowed my self an entire cheat day once a week which I have never really used entirely.

Just wanted to say good luck. i've actually managed to stay on the paleo diet still i have not had any acne still in weeks and my girlfriend is coming to visit in less that a month. so...very very excited, the diet does work and just wishing you luck is all. :)

Breakfast- skip

Lunch- subway sandwich with chips and apple juice

Diner- fish sandwich with french fries

snacks- brownies, cookies

Um, I intend this criticism to be constructive, do please don't take offense.

Here are what I feel to be the major errors.

Skip, subway sandwich, chips, French fies, brownies, cookies. That leaves apple juice (which only makes the list if it completely organic with no added sugars) and fish (depending on how it is cooked).

To be perfectly honest, almost nothing about this diet is paleo.

Research the diet more, right now this is really just a normal looking diet that really isn't very healthy to be honest.

Good luck!

holly shit this thread is still going. cool. well I wasn't good. hehe. I might start a different one for the new year. :dance:

Little did he know--

Well if you bothered to read the entired first post. You would notice that on that day I listed my typical meal before starting the paleo diet. :rolleyes: