Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
answerme

im worried for my parents

ive been reading health books for many months now just to see how diet and supplementation can help with acne and other health conditions.

my parents came home from the US just a few weeks ago and for 2 weeks now, they've been eating unhealthy foods like softdrinks every meal and little water, fatty meat, fried foods, sweets, high-sodium junk foods, tabasco, refined sugar, etc...i used to tell them stuff like 'that's bad for your health so dont buy it' and 'i didnt add anythin to the meal coz i dont use that anymore' blah blah blah. after the first week they've been buying the groceries, preparing the meals, taking home fast food meals, etc and they're all like 80%-90% unhealthy to me.

yes i also got worried for myself but ive been more worried about their health coz they're getting old. i really wish i can bring back the days of preparing the meals for my family soon.

just wanted to share. i hope im not getting just paranoid.

I don't think you can do much until they themselves realize that they shouldn't be eating such foods.

It's nice that you care so much about what your parents are eating... and I'm sure they are happy to know you care and want their health...

Unfortunately, you can't oblige them to eat what you want, but what you can do is offering to cook the meals yourself, for your whole family, so they will eat what you cooked, which will be healthy, and even if they add something like tabasco...well, it's not a big deal. The important thing is that the dish they eat is healthy...2 drops of tabasco are ok, and also good for you...

yeah it's hard to get them to realize it so i guess the best thing i can really do is just cook the meals for them.

ive been reading health books for many months now just to see how diet and supplementation can help with acne and other health conditions.

my parents came home from the US just a few weeks ago and for 2 weeks now, they've been eating unhealthy foods like softdrinks every meal and little water, fatty meat, fried foods, sweets, high-sodium junk foods, tabasco, refined sugar, etc...i used to tell them stuff like 'that's bad for your health so dont buy it' and 'i didnt add anythin to the meal coz i dont use that anymore' blah blah blah. after the first week they've been buying the groceries, preparing the meals, taking home fast food meals, etc and they're all like 80%-90% unhealthy to me.

yes i also got worried for myself but ive been more worried about their health coz they're getting old. i really wish i can bring back the days of preparing the meals for my family soon.

just wanted to share. i hope im not getting just paranoid.

Hey I know how you feel, im in the same situation. :wall: Ignorance is truly bliss however, can you blame them?

I think my parents get annoyed with me always telling them "that's bad for you" and "you should eat more of this and that" ect.. but I wont give up!

haha! never give up! :D

i remember the few times my bro listened to me when i talked of things about health...but he listened coz we started the conversation with his own health concerns...my parents are a bit more stubborn. they want proofs from tv, magazines, experts, etc... that even made me want to take up some course in medicine coz it made me think that people wont listen to just anyone...

btw, lillynyx, i think ur avatar's cute. :D