Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mattyau

Matty's Accutane Log

Hey everyone,

I'm Matty, im 21 years old from Tasmania, Australia and im 5'11 and weigh 75KG's.

I've had mild acne since i was about 17, took mynomiacin for a couple of years and was completely clear. Unfortunately my body built up a resitance to it and it doesn't work anymore. Anyway, my acne has come back harsher than before.

I guess you could say i have moderate acne, on my face and the odd one on my shoulders. It's pretty tough.

I play a lot of sport (Basketball, Footy, Soccer and Cricket), keep reasonably fit, but i still cop it from the acne gods. Went to the dermotologist and he put me on accutane, the script starts me on 40mg a day i think, his writing is pretty average.

Im pretty scared, but i dont want to keep living life the way i am. im avoiding doing basic stuff, and am overly paranoid about my acne. A lady at work was just staring at my face while i was talking to her, i could of knocked her our from her expression.

Anyway, i haven't started yet, because i want to make sure i have all the right stuff, for my eyes (wear contacts), lips, face, scalp (dryness), potential joint pain etc.

Any help would be a great help, brands etc so i can buy them would be sweet 2.

Cheers!

Matty

Hey everyone,

I'm Matty, im 21 years old from Tasmania, Australia and im 5'11 and weigh 75KG's.

I've had mild acne since i was about 17, took mynomiacin for a couple of years and was completely clear. Unfortunately my body built up a resitance to it and it doesn't work anymore. Anyway, my acne has come back harsher than before.

I guess you could say i have moderate acne, on my face and the odd one on my shoulders. It's pretty tough.

I play a lot of sport (Basketball, Footy, Soccer and Cricket), keep reasonably fit, but i still cop it from the acne gods. Went to the dermotologist and he put me on accutane, the script starts me on 40mg a day i think, his writing is pretty average.

Im pretty scared, but i dont want to keep living life the way i am. im avoiding doing basic stuff, and am overly paranoid about my acne. A lady at work was just staring at my face while i was talking to her, i could of knocked her our from her expression.

Anyway, i haven't started yet, because i want to make sure i have all the right stuff, for my eyes (wear contacts), lips, face, scalp (dryness), potential joint pain etc.

Any help would be a great help, brands etc so i can buy them would be sweet 2.

Cheers!

Matty

Hey Matty,

I am just about to go back to my dermatologist after my acne has returned despite having been on roaccutine. My skin was perfect when i came off it, which lasted for about 4 months after i finished.

My advice to you is use Vasaline on your lips. Also as i found my skin got very dry, not nec on my face either, using body lotions didn't really help BUT johnsons baby oil did. Simply pour a bit into a bath or lather it up on your skin (not face) when in the shower. Its supposed to retain up to ten times more moisture than normal moisterisores (sp?). Also carrying around a travel sized face mosituerisor (sp?) also helps when you notice that your face is very dry and flakey when your out.

hope this helps

Thanks for the replys! if people could read my post and post brand names of stuff to help with the potential side effects i mentioned that would be rad :)

The sooner all you people help me with products i can use for my eyes (wear contacts), lips, face, scalp (dryness), potential joint pain etc. the sooner i'll start roaccutane, i want to be fully prepared.

What are you using to overcome the side effects?

The sooner all you people help me with products i can use for my eyes (wear contacts), lips, face, scalp (dryness), potential joint pain etc. the sooner i'll start roaccutane, i want to be fully prepared.

What are you using to overcome the side effects?

For me i am using cetaphil moisturizing lotion for my face and using cetaphil gentle face wash when i shower. i use aquafor for my lips. for eyes just normal eye drops although i do not have contacts. for joints i take fish oil and i also take vitamin E but idk what that is for haha. then for shampoo i use nutragina mosturizer wash i think it is. but thats all soo far