Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm on Day 8 (or 9?) of Accutane and my skin isnt too dry or anything but my scalp itches and is flaking beyond belief. It is really awfully disgusting. Anyone have any shampoo recommendations for me? I'm desperate!

i use a coal tar shampoo. it smells pretty rank but it's kept my hair in awesome condition, and it got rid of the flaky scalp

I'm on Day 8 (or 9?) of Accutane and my skin isnt too dry or anything but my scalp itches and is flaking beyond belief. It is really awfully disgusting. Anyone have any shampoo recommendations for me? I'm desperate!

Hopefully it will be temporary for you. I went through the same thing, and it lasted about 2 weeks.

I was visiting my grandmother, and she happened to have a Head and Shoulders shampoo/conditioner that was for itchy scalps. It really helped me.

Massage a good conditioner into your scalp after shampooing. Leave it for a minute or two, then rinse. My scalp was hella itchy until I started using a conditioner.

I had the same thing happen to me in the beginning but it does go away, well for me it did anyways, I'm not sure if it's the same for everyone, but I hope it goes away for you also :)

I had just experienced this and im on month 5 of accutane, I recommended using oil in your hair and cut down on washing your hair. that has worked for me.