Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Castachini

I'm 100% convinced that sugar causes acne!

Everytime i eat or drink something with high amounts of sugar e.g. Ice Cofee, ice cream, etc. Normally 1-2 days later i get white heads. It is no coincidence because its happens on a continous bases. Who every said it takes a month for pimples to form is absolute nonsense!

Sugar causes acne without a doubt. Read about the IGF-1 theory. Sugars the fastest way to boost IGF-1.

Guest Locked In Grace

Exacerbates acne, absolutely.

I notice the same thing myself. I don't eat much refined sugar these days, but sometimes I'll consume sugar 2-3 days a week, and then I get acne. I've observed my acne for the past few years, and I think it does make things worse. I know others with bad acne, and they eat sweets and soda all the time. I try to avoid sugar as much as possible. Our bodies don't need that crap anyway.

Guest Michael Jackson

I know plenty of people who eat junk food and sugars and their skin is perfect.

but they don't have acne prone skin

I know plenty of people who eat junk food and sugars and their skin is perfect.

Yeah, but these people aren't affected through their skin. If I eat very fat (like junkfood etc.) I always get break-outs. Maybe because my skin reflects my health. Other people get affected through other ways I guess

I'm not saying that sugar causes acne, but it may aggrevate it more.

yeah I agree, I have a BAD sweet tooth and I have super PERSISTENT mild acne that has been with me for YEARS, i've done evvvvverything pill, creams, lasers NOTHING works! so hmmmm...maybe sugar is the problem, and doctor thinks I may be hyperglycemic or hypoglycemic, I dunnnno one of those...

I agree 150%. When I eat sugar, I triple my chances of getting acne cysts, too. Take for example this past weekend when I went against my better judgement and had a peice of chocolate cake with fudge. Today I had to go to the DR and get a cortisone shot on the side of my nose for the grandaddy of all cysts. I've never gotten a cortisone shot, but I have a wedding this weekend and a major presentation on Thursday. I hope it works!

Sugar is evil for acne-prone skin.

I've always been a defender of the "acne isn't related to diet" theory...but really you just can't deny the fact that sugar does really increase your chance of getting a breakout if you have acne prone skin.

i quit sugar all together 3 weeks ago... ive noticed my oil production has reduced ALOT also every morning id have about 5/6 whiteheads mainly around the sides of my nose area and id have to deal with them with a needle.. i have 1 every 2 days no and its a small one :)

When i started working we were allowed a few pops a day, of course it was free and i loved pop so i drank tons result was that i broke out big, i cant say it wasnt just more oil being made and a coincedence of time, but im pretty sure the pop helped make my acne as bad as it is.

Okay i totally agree but come on we are human and plus us girls cannot resist chocolate and sweets!

Now since we can try not to eat it, its unavoidable sometimes! How can you sometimes eat it but not do tons of damage? Would it make a difference to eat it with a fat? If so, would that give you a less of a chance of breaking out?