Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dan8785

How does your accutane come?

Do all of you have your Accutane coming from a prescription bottle, or is it in an annoying cardboard thing that you have to punch EACH pill out of (and it's kinda hard to do.)? It seemed odd to me that I have to punch each pill out of this thing, instead of having it in a bottle...

[attachmentid=6315]

[attachmentid=6316]

post-48003-1160881140_thumb.jpg

post-48003-1160881216_thumb.jpg

post-48003-1160881140_thumb.jpg

post-48003-1160881216_thumb.jpg

Yeah, that's how my Accutane comes as well. It's pretty hard to get the pills out when you have to go through the paper and the foil. Are you male? I'm asking because I thought only females had to have that picture of the pregnant lady displayed.

My packaging is like the first. I thought it was a 'Canadian' thing to have those silly illustrations on the packaging. Is it a brand thing? I have Accutane, not generic.

I 'believe' that the pills come blister-packed for at least two reasons. One is that the capsules need to be protected from light. If exposed to light they will lose their effectiveness. Secondly, the pills will stick together if they are dumped into a container all together as the membrane is sticky and thin and dissolves rapidly when moisture-levels are increased in the slightest.

I know it's tempting to pop them all out into a pill-container :-)

Take care!

~M~

amnesteem sucks, i think i've put holes in my tabs trying to get them out of that crap...which i dont think is too good for my throat :o

Mine comes in a foil that each pill has to be popped out of. Its good as you can easily see how many pills you've taken withought having to count them.

Also, its the only thing i've popped in a while :D

I pull mine out of all that extra cardboard and just tear open the back to get to each pill. I keep them in a dark cupboard, though, to protect them from light.

i pop all of mine out like platinum too. and i put them in a prescription bottle i had left over from a different prescription, i just took off that label and labeled it myself. they don't stick together. and it saves me a little bit of time cause those things are really hard to pop out.