Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have a hard pimple on my chin, the type that turns white when you smile or otherwise stretch your skin out. But is red and inflamed looking otherwise. I have had it for just four days but it seems that my chin is a tiny bit swollen (not noticeable to the eye, but to the touch), and it is kinda painful. Should I go to the dermatologist or are there any at home treatments that might work?

I have a hard pimple on my chin, the type that turns white when you smile or otherwise stretch your skin out. But is red and inflamed looking otherwise. I have had it for just four days but it seems that my chin is a tiny bit swollen (not noticeable to the eye, but to the touch), and it is kinda painful. Should I go to the dermatologist or are there any at home treatments that might work?

It sounds lie a cyst. the fastest/best way to get rid of a cyst is to have it injected by a dermatologist.

I really hate it when people recommend getting a pimple injected. That is for serious pimples that won't go away, not your everyday cyst. You fail to mention to this guy that injections have a chance of indentation being left behind...

Just let it fade. It's a cyst...Don't touch it. Don't try to pop it...Just leave it be.

I really hate it when people recommend getting a pimple injected. That is for serious pimples that won't go away, not your everyday cyst. You fail to mention to this guy that injections have a chance of indentation being left behind...

Just let it fade. It's a cyst...Don't touch it. Don't try to pop it...Just leave it be.

yes and cysts have a chance of leaving scars, i'd rather have a temporary indentation (which i have never got with an injection btw) than a permanent scar.