Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest stacia

problem with oil mosturisers (emu, jojoba) and balling up

Guest stacia

Hi, I just started using BP since I've been breaking out really badly ever since I moved. My skn is now a little dry. Before this I was using emu oil to moisturise but if I use it with the BP gel I'm using (PanOyxl) I get major problems with the BP balling up. When I use a creamier mostiuriser this doesn't happen. Is there anything I can do to make it ball up less? Should I always mix the oils into a more creamy moisturiser, or perhaps use the oil before applying BP?

panoxyl causes alot of problems, i would suggest switching BP product.

if your form the UK, you can get Duac Gel (1% Clindamycin + 5% BP) from your doctor for free :) i used to use that and i had no problems at all :)

good luck

Hi, I just started using BP since I've been breaking out really badly ever since I moved. My skn is now a little dry. Before this I was using emu oil to moisturise but if I use it with the BP gel I'm using (PanOyxl) I get major problems with the BP balling up. When I use a creamier mostiuriser this doesn't happen. Is there anything I can do to make it ball up less? Should I always mix the oils into a more creamy moisturiser, or perhaps use the oil before applying BP?

Hi Stacia,

Yea, PanOxyl is known to be more drying than other BP brands, so you might want to go low and slow with it and give your skin more time to get accustomed to it. As for moisturizer, can you get Cetaphil products? Cetaphil moisturizing lotion is a good one to start out with, it is very hydrating and shouldn't irritate or ball up with the BP.

I HATE Panoxyl BP; I Highly recommend Clean&Clear Persa-Gel5. It is 5% BP, but if you're in the US, they only have the 10% version.