Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
royksopp

Tanning (Not Face) on Accutane

Can I go tanning but cover my face with a towel or something while on Accutane. Accutane is making my face a bit darker, but i'd like to tan the rest of my body if possible. I don't think that the rest of my skn is that sensitive so i thought it might be okay?

Can I go tanning but cover my face with a towel or something while on Accutane. Accutane is making my face a bit darker, but i'd like to tan the rest of my body if possible. I don't think that the rest of my skn is that sensitive so i thought it might be okay?

NO. accutane has an effect on all of your skin, not just the skin on your face.

Argh. I can't even slather on sunscreen and just go in small increments? I have a darker complexion and don't burn easily.

Tanning is fine for me, I go upto 30 mins at a time (In the sun, not at a salon). Everyone is different so just see for yourself, but be careful because your skin is more sensitive.

some say yes (like me), some say no way!

it's your decision, some people can not handle any sun or tanning on accutane, some can.

If you want a nice all over tan without risking any type of side effects or damage to your skin why don't you try a spray tan? I've had them done and it's aloe Vera based so it's good for you skin and does not look in the slightest bit like a fake tan.

If you want a nice all over tan without risking any type of side effects or damage to your skin why don't you try a spray tan? I've had them done and it's aloe Vera based so it's good for you skin and does not look in the slightest bit like a fake tan.

I second that - spray tan formulas have improved drastically over the past few years; I used those and also L'Oreal Sublime Glow all summer so that I wouldn't look pale in golf clothes and no one had the slightest; they all thought I was going to a tanning booth or spending a lot of time in the sun sans sunblock. No orange color and, most importantly, no UV rays.