Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zerander

Acne Is An Industrial Disease - Here Is My Cure

When I was 16 years old a dermatologist diagnosed me with severe cystic ace, I've had acne since I was 15. From age 16-18 I tried scrubbing my acne with a wash cloth, retin-moisturizing, benzyl peroxide, SA, and antibiotics. When I turned 18 I found this thread http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=40303 and it inspired me. I am 19 years old and I no longer have acne.

Listen people, acne is an industrial disease. People get acne because of all of the chemicals that constantly surround and bombard us and the food that they eat. Those of you who think that smearing more chemicals on your face will make it go away are wrong, they might appear to help but they are hurting your body in the long run. A cure to acne calls for lifestyle changes. Years from now we will start to see the long term negative effects of acne medications, and they are going to be bad. People using heavy doses of acutane, benzyl peroxide, and vitamin b-5 are hurting their bodies. Do you really think that something as amazing and perfect as the human body would need anything but healthy food, clean water, and excercise to function perfectly?

Here is what I do to have clear skin.

NO dairy products. Cut them all out of your diet. If you eat oatmeal, don't use milk to make it, use water. Stop eating milk and cereal. Don't eat ice cream. Don't eat pizza or if you do take all the cheese off. Don't eat chocolate (you might be able to eat dark chocolate as long as it doesn't have milk in it, I don't but I think it would be ok). Think of all the things you eat with dairy products in them and stop eating them. It should be obvious why dairy products would cause acne. Besides being filled with hormones, daily products come out of a cows utter. There are no other creatures that drink the mothers milk of another creature. Think about how sick and unnatural that is. Some people don't even have the enzymes to digest milk property, theres more evidence for you. You might want to take a calcium suppliment, I sometimes do, but if you eat well I don't think you have to.

High sodium/salty foods do cause acne. I think it’s the iodine in salt. So say away from foods like that.

NO washing your face with soap, only use soap on your body. Just wash your face with warm water and your hands. I do it once in the morning and once in the shower at night. That’s all you need to do. If your face is really oily, it will become less oily quickly once you start doing this.

ONLY shampoo your hair once or twice a week. All the other nights just scrub your hair with warm water. Shampoo has detergent in it which really, really dries out your skin. I used to use Kirkland shampoo and it is very bad on your skin, really dries it out. I have been using dove shampoo and only washing once a week for the last 5 months.

No conditioner.

Keep your showers short, no longer than 15 minutes, and use water that isn't too hot, just warm. Right before I am done in the shower I turn the water on 100% cold and rinse my whole body off with that for 30 seconds. I recommend doing that. I shower once at night right before I go to bed.

Go to bed most nights at a decent time, no later than 1am. Your body needs to have a good night sleep to function properly and it only goes through certain functions during the night.

If you are a man, only use an electric razor. I shave every other night.

I don't use moisturizers. I wouldn't recommend it but if you face is really really dry you might use cetaphyl in the beginning but wean yourself off of it. Moisturizer was created by companies to counter the drying effects of shampoo and soap. You buy their shampoo and soap to dry out your skin, then you buy more of their products to moisturize your skin. It’s a vicious cycle.

Other stuff...

Lemon juice is really good for your skin. Drinking some lemon juice once or twice a week is good.

Drink a good amount of water. It’s just good for general health.

Nuts, meat, fruits, vegetables are all good, they don't cause acne.

Just immediately start doing all of that and you will immediately notice results. Also read the post I mention at the beginning of my post. If you don't try this you are only hurting yourself.

P.S.

To sum it up - My biggest issues were no dairy, no super salty foods, no shampoo or soap on face, and shorter cooler shower.

Acne prone men are supposed to normally have acne from around age 15 to 25. 10 years of acne is not just puberty, think about it.