Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mj's9eleven

When acne doesn't go away

Hello

I'm 21 now and my acne still didn't go away for good. I'm using CSR and it keeps me clear but I when I stop acne comes back and it seems even worse than before. I was hoping that acne will end when I'm 20-21 but reading through posts here I'm afraid that it may stay even for many years more.

I don't want to be acne and CSR slave for so long, so I'm considering accutane to get rid of acne once for all.

The thing that the most keeps me away from starting accutane is initial brakout. I'm in university now and I'm sure that I couldn't handle initial brakeout, which often is long and strong.

Can I use CSR while on accutane and if yes will it prevent the initial brakeout?

Thanks for anwsers (hopefully I'll get any :) )

Marcin

I started getting acne at your age...

You can't do CSR with accutane, because you shouldn't use topicals while on it.

Not everyone has an IB...mine was very mild.

No, you can't use the CSR. It would destroy your skin.

Either take accutane and incur the possible IB and side effects or stick on the CSR.

If accutane is what you want, then it is 6 months to the rest of your life (if it works long term),. A month or two outbreak in college won't matter in the long run.

"When acne doesn't go away, despite you are 21"

I STARTED breaking out for the first time when I was 22.

Now 23, have not taken accutane or using CSR... my breakout is under control now, i.e. getting 2-3 new pimples every 2-3 weeks.

Anyway, GOOD LUCK!

No, you can't use the CSR. It would destroy your skin.

Either take accutane and incur the possible IB and side effects or stick on the CSR.

If accutane is what you want, then it is 6 months to the rest of your life (if it works long term),. A month or two outbreak in college won't matter in the long run.

It would matter for me, couse I wouldn't go to classes with sirious acne, which might end with kicking out of university.

Moreover I wouldn't want to see my friedns and I might loose them.

Side effects of acuutane.

"When acne doesn't go away, despite you are 21"

Now 23, have not taken accutane or using CSR... my breakout is under control now, i.e. getting 2-3 new pimples every 2-3 weeks.

Anyway, GOOD LUCK!

so how you control your acne? Did it just pass and become mild?

If I can't use CSR with accutane than I'm convicted for CSR. Unless I'll leave for 6 months and hide in Cork and Carry mountains, so no one could see me.

well my derm gave me a set of topicals but ive stopped using them.

first they caused flaky dry skin.

then after a few months when my dryness started goin down, they made my skin oilier.

so now im doin the tane with just moojamba's hot water soak and it helps me maintain a considerable normal skin.

best thing to do is ask your derm about it and go for regular checkups.

i think it was the facial extractions & a few injections which my derm did to me that prevented my IB. these however added a few dents to my skin.

Anyway, GOOD LUCK!

so how you control your acne? Did it just pass and become mild?

From the inside out.

I now eat a lots of fruits (at the right time)....

taking multivitamins..

exercise....

Less spicy food..

No takeaway..

And when I have breakouts, I put tea tree oil on.

and importantly...sunscreen

Why it has to be so hard :(

And my derm won't prescribe me accutane, she even didn't want to give me tetracycline (and it was helping).

It won't be easy to find someone who will give me accutane, cause I cleared my acne quite well with CSR, and probably I would have to stop using it to get really bad acne. Then maybe I would get accutane.

So it would be like this:

1. I stop CSR -> after 2 weeks my acne is really bad

2. If I'm lucky within a week or two I would find a derm that would give me tane

3. About one month when I get use to tane

4. IB starts -> my acne get worse (and it was bad already)

5. After 2 month IB stops

6. After one month my acne clears

That would be about 4.5 months with horrible acne!

I can't do that, even if there's a chance I won't have IB, I will have bad acne anyway after stopping CSR.

If my acne won't stop in 1-2 years I will take a year out at university and start accutane I think.

I hope I won't have to do that.

Thank You kindely for every reply

Marcin

Just give it ago man! It's well worth it in the end!!

I never had an initial breakout, it was all smooth sailing besides the dry skin, dry lips and all that! You never know, so just give it a try! You won't regret it!

Just give it ago man! It's well worth it in the end!!

I never had an initial breakout, it was all smooth sailing besides the dry skin, dry lips and all that! You never know, so just give it a try! You won't regret it!

I'm almost sure I will have IB, besides if I stop CSR I'll break out like crazy :). So for now I won't start accutane, mayby next year. Case closed. :ninja: