Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Galilea

Question about Post-Accutane Pregnancy

Is there a certain amount of time you're supposed to wait after taking Accutane before you can get pregnant? And are there any chances that it can effect your baby years after taking it? I was just wondering, because my doc wants to put me on it, but I'm scared about my future. I'm still young, and I want to know everything about it and it's long term side effects before I take it.

Accutane related birth defects are caused by fetal exposure of accutane through the blood stream. accutane has no effect on the reproductive organs, so once the the accutane is out of your system it is safe to become pregnant. this usually happens a few weeks after you take your last dose but, you should wait a month after your last dose to be safe.

there is no chance it will effect your baby years after taking it. so as long as you can manage to not get pregnant during your course or for a month after you will be fine.

Is there a certain amount of time you're supposed to wait after taking Accutane before you can get pregnant? And are there any chances that it can effect your baby years after taking it? I was just wondering, because my doc wants to put me on it, but I'm scared about my future. I'm still young, and I want to know everything about it and it's long term side effects before I take it.

A friend of mine took it while we were in college in the late 80's. Since then, she has had two beautiful, healthy daughters.

I think you are supposed to wait one month after stopping accutane before you get pregnant.

I would err on the side of caution and wait longer than that.

hi! my mom took accutane in her late 20's and she got pregnant w/ me 2 months after she took her last pill. i'm almost 20 and i'm a healthy height and weight and i'm not deformed (at least no more than any other human is) there's a pic of me on my profile on here if you just click my name you can see it. i have 20/20 vision, no major health issues, perfect hearing, and no learning disabilities. sooo all in all it's ok to get pregnant after being on accutane. especially years after. i'm planning on having children later on in life.