Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spikeyli

New Joppa Soap

Hey guys, Amy is making a new soap from goats milk and wheat germ. She sent me a bar with my last order and ofcourse I tried it immediately. Oh my god! It is the nicest thing my skin has ever touched! It not only completely remove any grime and dirt, as well as makeup, on my skin, my pores feel like they are finally open for the first time! The wheat germ exfoliates without leaving me that "I just scrubbed my skin raw" feeling like other cleansers with exfoliaters do. And my hyper sensitive skin is not irritated at all (usually my face turn bright red whenever I wash). And the best thing is I didn't have that tight feeling I get after washing like the other soaps and cleansers. I can't wait until Amy lists this soap, I'm ordering at least 5.

I cut the sample she gave me in half and gave it to a friend of mine. Now I regret it since I know how good it is! I know that's horrible to say but I love this!

who's amy? does she have a site? I'd love to try this soap as well! :)

I just realized it's for the joppa site........ argh. I don't want to pay shipping on a bar of soap, sucks to be me!

Amy is the owner of Joppa. The site is joppaminerals.com.

The soap is not listed yet, it's a new product she created and she sent it to me to try. The reason is because she knows how sensitive my skin is and I use milk as a cleanser because even the cetaphil gentle cleanser makes my face red after washing. But so far this has been great.

I am hoping I can pre-order the soap from her before she lists. I really would like to continue using this. I'm a huge product hog, once I find something that really works for me, I stock up!

I heard Wheatgerm is bad for acne-prone skin...

Also LUSH sells this great soap called Cereology and works awesome as a shampoo for me smells delicious!!

the only thing is that i wish it wasnt in bar form. because when its in bar form u literally have to wash teh bar of soap to get rid of the top few layers before you use it on ur face, since bacteria grows so easily on it :S

I hear ya beany, I've been washing the soap before I use it on my face too. But so far it's working great and I'm not complaining. I wish it was in liquid form too, but for the mean time I appreciate the fact that the soap exists and it works.

I definetly prefer a bar of soap since it lasts longer. Also it's cheaper!!

Haha I gotta conserve my money on ACNE products been buying too much plus some soaps are handmade and natural. I'm presently using Carley's Soap and it feels awesome on my face and body!!! Lathers awesomely too....

Will check out the Joppa soap as it comes available!

Iceboi, have you used Zum soap? I found them in Whole Foods and they are really nice. A little too fragrant for me, even though they're naturally fragrant from the ingredients in the soap (goat's milk and various essential oils). Call me old fashion but I like my soap to smell like, well soap.

Nope never used ZUM SOAP before!!

I have used handmade soaps from a Canadian Company which has a variety like Emu Oil Soap (really good as a shampoo), Bee Pollen, Bentonite Clay soap.

Of all the soaps I've used I prefer Carley's mostly because most soaps that I use make my skin so dry afterwards. Carley's makes my face moisturized and doesn't dry or irritate at all..

That's one thing the ZUM soap doesn't do, it doesn't leave my skin feeling dry. Now if only I can get over that potent smell! It's not bad smell, I mean my lavender oatmeal soap smells like lavender and oatmeal, and I know it's because of the essential oil they use, but dang my whole bathroom now smells like lavender.

Spikeyli: What are the full ingredients of this soap? I need to see the full list all I see on Joppa is the Goat's Milk, Raw Honey, Oatmeal, and sweet Orange Oil. I tried emailing Joppa's site but have not heard anything yet

Please let me know

Thanks

Oops, sorry I got the ingredients wrong, it was raw honey, not wheat germ in the soap.

iceboi, I think that is the full ingredient to the soap, if you see the soap in person you'll know why there's so few ingredients in it. It's mostly oatmeal held together by the goat's milk, orange essence oil, and honey. I don't know how she makes it in soap form. You can post on the joppa message board and ask how she makes it and what other ingredients go into the soap.

I use it on my face but I guess you can wash your whole body with it too. I don't have any acne on my body so I only use it for the face. I use the ZUM bars for my body though and they're very invigorating. I love their lavender and rosemary bar.

The better question would be what isn't on your next order longshot, LOL.

By the way, how do you use your jojoba oil and how do you like it compare to the emu? Did you go through a purging period where you break out when you first start? It would be great if Amy sells the jojoba oil too, that way one stop shopping.

ive never used jojoba oil. i was going to use it when i discovered joppa so instead i just ordered emu since they are supposed to be similar. and i am really happy with emu oil. i probably wont try jojoba unless joppa offers it just cus im happy with emu oil.

ok so i was gonna order the joppa soap in my next order, but i think amy read my mind! she sent me a sample and i tried it last night and i love the way it made my skin feel. of course, i have only used it once, so i will let you all know in about 2 weeks if i still love it:) but so far i really do like it a lot.

my boyfriend said it looked like a granola bar:)

Yes it does look like a granola bar, just make sure your boyfriends doesn't get confuse and try to eat it, LOL. Now you know what I mean by it looks more like a mesh of oatmeal held together by some other ingredients?

I've been using it in the morning (I use my new skin cleansing regime at night and when I come home from work) and I still love it.