Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1) Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (red-colored) will probably respond best to the steroids (which can thin skin =O) or Tazorac etc.

2) If #1 fails, VBEAM can help marks due to broken blood vessels.

Guest Locked In Grace

Yeah Vascular scarring, finally someone else on the boards has a theory similar to what i've been told. There are a few modalities to fix Vascular scarring, they work on normalising the pigment.

Redmarks are due to vascular scarring.

What about, for dark skin people like me, the redmarks always turn brown and would not fade easily? Brown blood???

If my skin healed properly...redmarks will not turn into brownmark, instead, they disappear completely?

Ok...what to do to make my skin heals properly?

Thanks.

nah, i have very pale skin. and my red marks turn to brown and then they go away. once they turn brown i know they r healing...for me anyway

no its not brown blood. ur skin just didnt heal properly after the redmarks went away.

I don't know about this. Darker skinned people such as myself, tend to get brown marks, instead of the red ones light-skinned people get. Unless you are saying all marks, red and brown, are signs of improper healing I have to disagree with you.

no its not brown blood. ur skin just didnt heal properly after the redmarks went away.

I don't know about this. Darker skinned people such as myself, tend to get brown marks, instead of the red ones light-skinned people get. Unless you are saying all marks, red and brown, are signs of improper healing I have to disagree with you.

no no. you got the wrong idea. i dont think all marks are signs of improper healing but ithink if u had redmarks first then it turned into brown marks then well that is improper healing because for other people redmarks jsut dissapear instead of turining brown. idk that is my theory

no no. you got the wrong idea. i dont think all marks are signs of improper healing but ithink if u had redmarks first then it turned into brown marks then well that is improper healing because for other people redmarks jsut dissapear instead of turining brown. idk that is my theory

everybody has different skin, just because someoens skin acts different doesnt mean its improper. and darker skinned people rarely ever get red marks they get brown marks so does that mean that all dark skinned people have improper healing? no, it means they have different skin.

redmarks are blood below the skin, when those marks dont heal properly, theyre labled as post inflammatory hyperpigmentation when they turn brown. darker skinned people are more prone to this because our bodies produce more melanin than light skinned people.

redmarks are blood below the skin, when those marks dont heal properly, theyre labled as post inflammatory hyperpigmentation when they turn brown. darker skinned people are more prone to this because our bodies produce more melanin than light skinned people.

I agree, and thought that if we use 'something' to decrease the melanin production while redmarks are healing, then we would not get brownmarks afterward?

everybody has different skin, just because someoens skin acts different doesnt mean its improper. and darker skinned people rarely ever get red marks they get brown marks so does that mean that all dark skinned people have improper healing? no, it means they have different skin.

wow u Rtard im gonna explain this again. i said NOT all marks are sign of improper healing. if ur marks were first brown well then thats because of ur skin but if ur marks were first red then turned brown then that shows that the mark didnt heal properly

Ya, I get it.

So, how to properly heal the redmark so that it does not turn into brown?

im not sure that you can. its just the way the body produces melanin.

Sad.

The post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation I get is always darker than the rest of my skin colour. This is explained due to the fact that more melanin is being produced for healing purpose, and as a result, hyperpigmentation is formed.

So, I was thinking that if we can DECREASE this melanin formation during inflammation, then as least the hyperpigmentation will not be that dark?

Sad.

The post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation I get is always darker than the rest of my skin colour. This is explained due to the fact that more melanin is being produced for healing purpose, and as a result, hyperpigmentation is formed.

So, I was thinking that if we can DECREASE this melanin formation during inflammation, then as least the hyperpigmentation will not be that dark?

its easier said than done. we would have to have more understanding about the healing process than to just say to stop the production of melanin. however, topical products like hydroquinone shrink the melanocytes that cause the overproduction of melanin, but i'm not sure how it affects the PIH while the mark is actually healing.