Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chefmate

Switcing from Differin Cream To Tazorac..

Guest Locked In Grace

Have you had the IB with Differin already? If it's a clean swap, i would expect not as you've already altered the epidermis structure and purged out the underlying acne etc..

Do you still have acne though, because obviously the Taz will continue to slough off the skin cells which, will most likely cause some sort of purge.

I have about 2 active zits which seem to be healing too nd r just tiny red bumps.. Rest are redmarks and lot of hyperpigmentation. Differin has definately helped to fade the red marks little bit but they are still very noticable..Do u think that taz(being a stronger retniod) will have a greater effect on red marks/hypepigmentation?

Guest Locked In Grace

I have about 2 active zits which seem to be healing too nd r just tiny red bumps.. Rest are redmarks and lot of hyperpigmentation. Differin has definately helped to fade the red marks little bit but they are still very noticable..Do u think that taz(being a stronger retniod) will have a greater effect on red marks/hypepigmentation?

Yes, i do. Especially given the fact that Differin isn't so much renowned for clearing scars. Tazorac gets pretty good reports in here, and in theory the higher % of tretinoin suggests it should be more effective.

Best of luck.

Guest Molly Jean

Yes, i do. Especially given the fact that Differin isn't so much renowned for clearing scars. Tazorac gets pretty good reports in here, and in theory the higher % of tretinoin suggests it should be more effective.

Best of luck.

I see that you sent me an attachment. How do you open them?