Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ozozoz

Why does my acne always break out the on the exact same areas?

My acne only breaks out down the sides undernealth my lips (like just above the chin). I never get acne on the cheeks, forehead etc. its always the exact same area.

Is there any reasons for this? Is it normal?

I read somewhere here the the fluoride in your toothpaste can cause it to occur around your lips and chin. The only things i think you can do are to get a toothpaste with less fluoride/without and use listerine to provide fluoride directly to your mouth or just try to keep as much away from that area as possible. What happens is when you are brushing your teeth it comes out of your mouth and might dribble down your chin, and thats where the issues come from. So try one of those things and hopefully you'll see improvements =)

I think it's completely normal to get acne only in certain areas: "problem areas". Throughout the course of my life with acne (going on 18 years now) I've had my problem area migrate from nose to chin to cheek to forehead, where it has seemed to have settled.

If you're on the CSR, you could do it on your problem area only.

Cam >B)