Notifications
Clear all

Problems With Tiny White "Things" All Over My Face

MemberMember
(@webstar)

Posted : 10/13/2006 7:29 pm

For the longest time now I have dealt with these little white "things" (unfortunately, I don't know how else to describe them) that appeared soon after Dan switched to the new BP (the initial new one, not the current one) - and they have never gone away. They are on my cheeks, forehead, nose, and chin - and can be found everywhere on those locations. They are very noticeable - they are not hard, but they are not covered by skin and are not normal whiteheads - they are tiny (but again, noticeable), and protrude out from my skin. I can't remove them because the couple that I have removed with tweezers leaves a pore-sized hole that never closes. Thankfully, I tested that first by only removing around 3-4 total.

Does anyone have this same problem? I did a search and thought it was milia, but I looked at pictures of that condition online and it's not that.

The BP, I suspect is the problem, but I can't stop using it. Hard to believe, but I spent 9 years of dermatological visits and around $12,000 (no insurance until much later) on prescriptions and medications that had nowhere near the same results as The Regimen. Why do I think that it's the BP? Because at one point I didn't use the BP for approximately two weeks and the white things completely vanished - but I broke out really bad as a result.

I need a solution to this problem, hopefully someone can help. It would be amazing not to have this dilemma; I am deeply embarrassed by it.

Thanks in advance.

MemberMember
(@elsewhere)

Posted : 10/13/2006 7:30 pm

I do remember at least two other members asking questions about this very thing. I, unfortunatly,, can't remember a thing about it! But please try the search button, and hopefully another member with better memory can jump in here and help out!

MemberMember
(@webstar)

Posted : 10/13/2006 11:40 pm

I've done many searches in the past, but it's so hard to describe. It's not as well known as the different forms of common acne such as blackheads, whiteheads, etc. In fact, I don't think I'd even classify it as acne - but it is a HUGE problem. I traded one annoyance (acne) for another (these white things) with the BP.

Anyway, this thread here looks closest to what I have:

I'm hoping to find a solution - it would be great if I could help the next person out - as minimal as the problem seems to be percentage wise.

Thanks for your response, and again, if anyone can provide a product or method that helped you to get rid of this problem, please share.

MemberMember
(@webstar)

Posted : 10/16/2006 3:01 am

Anyone???

MemberMember
(@daughter-of-eve)

Posted : 10/16/2006 7:32 am

webstar, years back when I used to see a derm for acne, I would get those little bumps every once in a while. If I had some when I went for an appointment, he would cut them open with a blade, squeeze out the white stuff, then cover them with band-aids. I looked ridiculous when leaving the office, but the band-aids didn't need to stay on long, the spots healed up quickly, and there were no enlarged pores left behind. I guess he knew what he was doing! So, if you have medical coverage now, you could have a derm pick them all. Although, if you think they will come back because of the BP, don't bother.

You say you are using Dan's BP and when he changed the formula, that's when your face got crowded, right? Have you tried the Neutrogena On-the-Spot BP? It is also recommended by Dan. Although it is more expensive, if you spent $12,000 on your acne already, I'd think you wouldn't mind trying something that's a few dollars more.

Anyway, good luck! I hope I helped you in some way.

MemberMember
(@webstar)

Posted : 10/17/2006 4:28 am

webstar, years back when I used to see a derm for acne, I would get those little bumps every once in a while. If I had some when I went for an appointment, he would cut them open with a blade, squeeze out the white stuff, then cover them with band-aids. I looked ridiculous when leaving the office, but the band-aids didn't need to stay on long, the spots healed up quickly, and there were no enlarged pores left behind. I guess he knew what he was doing! So, if you have medical coverage now, you could have a derm pick them all. Although, if you think they will come back because of the BP, don't bother.

You say you are using Dan's BP and when he changed the formula, that's when your face got crowded, right? Have you tried the Neutrogena On-the-Spot BP? It is also recommended by Dan. Although it is more expensive, if you spent $12,000 on your acne already, I'd think you wouldn't mind trying something that's a few dollars more.

Anyway, good luck! I hope I helped you in some way.

Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it.

The thing is, these don't have anything in them - they're too small to squeeze, and simply flatten if removed. I can literally take tweezers and remove them - they sit inside of my pore, but stick out from the pore, and above the level of my skin. I would go to my old dermatologist, but I know that would only lead to him trying to prescribe some medications that are too expensive and won't work. I've been on nearly every topical and antibiotic imaginable. The antibiotics would work for a bit, but the topicals never did. If Dan had been able to post The Regimen just a couple of years earlier, I would have saved more than money... I would have saved my face. I feel like suing my derms sometimes. To charge me what they did, and prescribe what they did, (with no results) should be against the law.

I had tried Neutrogena On-the-Spot when I first started The Regimen, but it was so expensive - and it made my face amazingly dry. But you know what? Thanks for the suggestion... maybe I'll give it a try again. Can't make my face any worse than it is now. I am willing to pay the extra money if I don't get these white things as a result.

I'll pick up some this week.

Thanks again.

MemberMember
(@daughter-of-eve)

Posted : 10/17/2006 10:30 am

Your welcome, and good luck. Let me know how you make out.

MemberMember
(@daisy22)

Posted : 08/04/2016 5:48 pm

I too have these same little white things on my face, its like a little white thin thingy that is in my skin but all over.. i was wondering if you are still experiencing this or have you found a solution yet.