Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sillygoose

blood test question

does anyone know if it would be possible to get your bloodwork done before you actually visit the derm? my appointment is in a week, but i don't want to have to wait another week to start taking accutane while my bloodwork is being done. can you just go to a doctor for a blood test and take the results with you to the dermatologist?

weird...my derm tells me to get the bloodwork done the week before the scheduled appointment....she just gets me this bloodwork prescription form by quest laboratories and i go to my college health center, get the blood test done and its at my doctor's office within like 2 days...ive been on accutane for about a month and a half

weird...my derm tells me to get the bloodwork done the week before the scheduled appointment....she just gets me this bloodwork prescription form by quest laboratories and i go to my college health center, get the blood test done and its at my doctor's office within like 2 days...ive been on accutane for about a month and a half

yeah mine does too, that's what i meant by order it. but you still have to see the derm first to get the prescription.

you can get them done at your school! i'll have to look into that and see if they can do mine. that would be so much more convenient.

noooo, you must go to ur derm and get a sheet to what he wants... i dont even know if you can just go into a clinic and say u want a blood test, i think you HAVE to have something signed by a doctor

ah, thanks - i wish the secretary that set up my appointment would have mentioned that. i told her i wanted to be prescribed accutane.

for me the derm wrote the script for accutane but held onto it, gave me the bloodwork script and i just came back in a few days to get the accutane.

did the secretary tell you just to go there and get a blood test??? maybe they faxed over the paper work or something?

I dont know, your in a weird, confusing situation... just call your derm lol