Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BenAMsoccer

Tea Tree Oil Help?

I'm new here so please excuse my ignorance. I started the CSR a few months ago and it's been going pretty great, but the BP is drying out my face alot and has been causing red marks and slowing their dissappearance. I read that TTO can be just as effective and was wondering if I should trade it for my BP.

If so how should I dillute and apply it?

i occasionally spot treat with tea tree oil and it is much more drying than bp at least in its pure form. you will definately have to dilute it if you want to apply it to your entire face on a regular basis, but i dont know in what. since it is an oil (unless it is a misnomer) diluting it in water would not work because they would just separate.

I made a mix of jojoba oil, vitamin e oil and tea tree oil. vitamin e being the base adding less jojoba then a few drops of tea tree. in a little 1/8 oz bottle. using a little dropper I would say the tto was about 10 to 1.

I use 15% and 100% TTO.

But they instruct applying DIRECTLY.

I always apply directly all over my face and leave it overnight. I don't get dryness, and the best thing is my acnes/pimples always get smaller the next morning.