Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest ThereIsHope

feelin' kinda emo for the first time in a while

Guest ThereIsHope

I start accutane this week and I am SSOOO excited, you have no idea! But lately, i've been feeling kinda down because I know the success rate with this drug is ccrraazzzyyy, but all the things i've been hearing are pretty negative, but then again all the "things" ive been hearing are from this WEBSITE and of course people having problems with the drug will come here. The percentage of people with little to no problems is acutally really high.

I dunno, i've just been feeling kinda scared and sceptical lately. If tane doesnt work I dont know what I will do with myself......uuuggggghhh.

Any posotive tane stories here? :D

good luck with accutane! you'll do fine! while i dont know much about accutane, the important thing is to focus on the results, even if it seems like getting through it is hard. its normal to feel a little scared i'm sure in the beginning, i mean yea it is a strong drug. it just means you know what you are getting into and wont treat it lightly.

my brother had accutane and it cleared him up great. his only problems were dried lips and skin, dry eyes. thats not too bad to handle. anyway, hope it works out! :)

Okay, i won't lie i'm on my last month and i'm not completely clear..but... this stuff has been the best thing ever to me. I feel that the only reason i'm not clear is due to my stupid scratching and touching. Seriously, i think you'll be amazed at what it can do, and you're completely right about all the people with problems coming here. A lot of people who've been on it have just buggered off because they no longer need this site, and don't forget that even if it doesn't work the first time round you can always try another course. It's not ideal of course but, it's there if you need it. I felt like you when i started, i just kept thinking what if it doesn't work? etc but the best thing to do is to just forget all that and remember that this drug is most likely going to clear you up :D the dry lips have been the worst thing for me, though completely worth it! just make sure you have tons and tons of moisturiser and vaseline and you'll be fine. With the blood tests and such they'll just take you off it if there are any probs. I really think it's not as bad as it sometimes sounds. Your clear skin awaits. Good luck with it! :comfort:

Any posotive tane stories here? :D

yep. 4 months seemed like nothing and in the end I am completely clear (however I do still have so many red marks but my doctor said theyll fade with time)

It was the best thing that ever happened to me and Im much more confident now. I suggest you take it.

yes yes yes! I had GREAT results and paid $150-$300/month CAD for it and it was WORTH EVERY PENNY! Minor side effects.

Yes, I'm here now b/c I started breaking out again but NEARLY so bad and not on my back so far. Taking it a second time has much higher success rates, so even if you have to take it a second time, it's still worth it the first timeb/c you up your chances of being cured! (I'm likely taking it a second time).