Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

The little things people can do

You know what makes my day a little better? Those little things people do... what I mean is, when I am walking somewhere and I pass someone, it makes me just a little happier when that person will say "Hello" or smile. I try to do that as often as I can, but I often pass by people who won't return a smile or an hello.

Also, if someone drops something (or multiple things, like papers)... the nice thing to do is go help them pick it up. Thats another thing I always try to do, and I can tell the people really appriciate it. I've witnessed someone drop something, and someone else would kick it down thet hallway... and I just wonder WHY that person couldn't just pick it up for them.

Those are just a few examples. But for real, things like that honestly put a smile on my face.

For a day, no matter what kind of a mood you are in (unless you already do this stuff in general)... Take a second to smile at someone who is passing by you... hold the door open for someone... help pick up something that someone drops... let a car through thats been waiting to get in a traffic lane for a while... if you bump into someone, smile and apologize (I've had many people in my school bump into me hard and then just look at me like it was my fault and walk away).

Also, why not give a little compliment here and there?

Remember... treat others the way you want to be treated =)

The end.

:wub:

i love it when someone cheers me up by just doin a little thing, so it is good to return the favour to everyone else.

i work on the tills at morrisons, and i always try and be friendly and smiley, even if people are grumpy, to at least make them feel a tiny bit smilier themselves maybe.

it also cheers me up when i act friendly, so its a good idea. u seem a really nice person urself :D

i love it when someone cheers me up by just doin a little thing, so it is good to return the favour to everyone else.

i work on the tills at morrisons, and i always try and be friendly and smiley, even if people are grumpy, to at least make them feel a tiny bit smilier themselves maybe.

it also cheers me up when i act friendly, so its a good idea. u seem a really nice person urself :D

Aww thanks :wub: It makes me happy too when I act friendly and knowing that people appriciate it.

You know what makes my day a little better? Those little things people do... what I mean is, when I am walking somewhere and I pass someone, it makes me just a little happier when that person will say "Hello" or smile. I try to do that as often as I can, but I often pass by people who won't return a smile or an hello.

Also, if someone drops something (or multiple things, like papers)... the nice thing to do is go help them pick it up. Thats another thing I always try to do, and I can tell the people really appriciate it. I've witnessed someone drop something, and someone else would kick it down thet hallway... and I just wonder WHY that person couldn't just pick it up for them.

Those are just a few examples. But for real, things like that honestly put a smile on my face.

For a day, no matter what kind of a mood you are in (unless you already do this stuff in general)... Take a second to smile at someone who is passing by you... hold the door open for someone... help pick up something that someone drops... let a car through thats been waiting to get in a traffic lane for a while... if you bump into someone, smile and apologize (I've had many people in my school bump into me hard and then just look at me like it was my fault and walk away).

The end.

it was raining real bad at my university and instead of thinking, "damn i should of brought an umbrella." my first though was, "damn i should of brought my umbrella so i could walk these girls to their car." lol

i always hold doors for people, let girls walk infront of me when they entering or leaving a building, etc. im so nice :D.

it was raining real bad at my university and instead of thinking, "damn i should of brought an umbrella." my first though was, "damn i should of brought my umbrella so i could walk these girls to their car." lol

i always hold doors for people, let girls walk infront of me when they entering or leaving a building, etc. im so nice :D.

aww :D

i always hold doors for people, let girls walk infront of me when they entering or leaving a building, etc. im so nice .

hmm, where are all of those guys at MSU??? :)

This is so true. Even if you're having a shit day then at least you know you might've made someone else's day a bit nicer and in doing so it usually makes me feel better about myself too knowing that i've been a good person O=] but sometimes i get so fed up i forget to do those little things so tomorrow i am going to try. :angel:

Lol, rosiemarie, i'm wondering where they are too :doh:

The end.

aww...such a cute post!

but your definately right mandy...it is the small things that can really make a difference. From a young age, i was told that, so i do my best to make small gestures like that! The other day actually, i was in college, and the entire contents of my folder fell out (in front of all the fit boys) lol, and two of the boys helped me pick up the papers. I was really chuffed they bothered to help and it does show how people do care. I would do the same!

so..definately treat people like u want to be treated coz what comes round goes round.

I am waiting for someone to say

"hey, your skin is getting better".

I wish someone can do this 'little thing' to me.

a girl in my class used to say that to me quite often. It made me feel better actually!

I am waiting for someone to say

"hey, your skin is getting better".

I wish someone can do this 'little thing' to me.

A friend of mine told me a while back, "hey your acne is almost gone. I'm not gonna lie, it used to be pretty bad." :dance:

haha. :wall::whistle:

Why I did not get those "little things"? not even from my sister who sees me everyday.

Well, that's good that this 'little thing' makes you guys happy. HAPPY.

Why I did not get those "little things"? not even from my sister who sees me everyday.

Well, that's good that this 'little thing' makes you guys happy. HAPPY.

Well the clincher is that my acne is still holding on for dear life. :wall:

And it made me happy, yeah...but shit, that was months ago.

I now need to sleep.

I hope I will dream about this "little thing", it makes my dream sweet.

aww nite nite

sweet dreams...hope u dream about the little thing! :angel:

I agree Mandy! The little things people do to be nice always make me happy, and also amaze me...

For example, last year I was with my sister at a fast food, like McDonald's, and after having paid and took our food we started to look for free seats, since apparently there were no one, and in fact none of the was free...so, we started to worry and look around more and more.

As they noticed, 3 guys our age, sit next to us, started to pick their food up (they had almost finished eating) looking and smiling friendly to us they said something like, we've finished, sit here, and something else, and they free the seats for us... Me and my sister were all happy ;):)

It was a nice thing to do in that moment, and it shows that people are nice, and often do good things for other people even if they're not asked to, or not wanting anything in return...

I now need to sleep.

I hope I will dream about this "little thing", it makes my dream sweet.

aww nite nite

sweet dreams...hope u dream about the little thing! :angel:

Ok. I will.

Thanks.

I haven't slept in 36 hours.

sweet dreams!

Go to sleep....haven't slept in 36 hours!!! Don't you scare to get new pimples?

i was driving and this lady was tailgating me. she tried to go around me but then i accelerated. so she cut back behind me and i braked for a long distance from the light. then we both made a turn and i smiled then she went to the side of me, mouthed (i didnt hear her had music on) "son of a bitch!" and then i honked at her. it was funny :P. i didnt catch up to her cause i didnt want a ticket and she was crazy. some people can be so mean.

i was driving and this lady was tailgating me. she tried to go around me but then i accelerated. so she cut back behind me and i braked for a long distance from the light. then we both made a turn and i smiled then she went to the side of me, mouthed (i didnt hear her had music on) "son of a bitch!" and then i honked at her. it was funny :P. i didnt catch up to her cause i didnt want a ticket and she was crazy. some people can be so mean.

Haha, whenever somebody is tailgating me I slow down, and then accelerate when they try and pass.

Haha, whenever somebody is tailgating me I slow down, and then accelerate when they try and pass.

same but i need to stop cause someone might shoot me at the light.