Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yaki

Oh no green poo

I have been on dairyt free diet all week,had no milk butter etc and no pasta. All week have been eating vegetables and alot of fruit. Made smoothies every morning for breakfast and now my poo is green, i laughed when i saw it! but is this normal? the good news is my skin is alot clearer.... :)

I have been on dairyt free diet all week,had no milk butter etc and no pasta. All week have been eating vegetables and alot of fruit. Made smoothies every morning for breakfast and now my poo is green, i laughed when i saw it! but is this normal? the good news is my skin is alot clearer.... :)

Yes it's normal. If you'd have eaten a load of beets your poo would have been bright red. If most of your diet is veggies and smoothies then your poo will be greenish or just -g-r-e-e-n. Enjoy it, take a picture.

Green poo is actually a very good sign. Here's some science for you:

Chlorophyll is the pigment that makes green vegetables. Chlorophyll is the result of photosynthesis. Chemically speaking, it's plant blood and very similar to human blood; in this regard, green vegetables have been traditionally regarded as blood builders and purifiers.

Your body doesn't absorb any chlorophyll when you eat green vegetables. This prompts skeptical doctors to say that it's useless. Here's where they're wrong - you may not absorb chlorophyll, but chlorophyll absorbs toxins out of your body as it passes through, and helps them get out of the body. Actually, it's chlorophyllin, the semi-synthetic version of chlorophyll in which they take replace the magnesium with copper to make water-soluble that's most researched to have this effect, and chlorophyll itself is fat soluble and ironically has less research to back it up even though it's the natural version. Anyways, this is why your poo is green, it's healthy.

Another thing about greens is that they build your blood through the vitamin C, magnesium, iron, etc. present. Natural acne treatments generally involve cleaning the blood whether through colon cleansing, promoting liver function, fasting, vitamin therapy, healthy diet, etc. Clean blood = clean skin.

I make smoothies every day usually apple/pears with cabbage and soya milk. Other times might be pears/peaches/rasberrys lettice soya milk. I make enough for 2 large glasses in the morning before i start work and that really fills me up. For dinner have selection of mixed veg and maybe some salmon or something with plenty of water throughout the day. My skin has shown and instead improvemnt and has become clear straight away without a new spot all week....

Yes it's normal. If you'd have eaten a load of beets your poo would have been bright red. If most of your diet is veggies and smoothies then your poo will be greenish or just -g-r-e-e-n. Enjoy it, take a picture.

I'll take the word without pics, thanks.

Yes prob normal. Keep at it if you are cearing up, and maybe post some recipes!!!! :D