Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rockystar

blush recommendations?

Those of you that wear blusher, which ones are safe for acne prone skin? oil free/ non comedogenic?

i've never worn blush before so am very hesitant about wearing it incase it breaks me out..or makes me look like a clown :shifty: lol but my foundation makes my face look so flat and dead that im starting to feel like i need something to make me look alive again lol

any recommendations?

also which kind of shade do u think someone with asian (indian) skin tones should use without looking too made up?

I love Bobbi Brown's blush (the powder one). It's expensive, $20, but the quality is excellent. Blush lasts forever too and you only need one. I've been using the same blush everyday for two years and I'm not even down to the metal yet. I've never broken out from blush, fyi.

You will need to try on blush before you buy it. Most blushes don't look the same on your skin as they do in the container. Many department store makeup counters have free samples, that's the best way to sample a product for a long enough time to see if it makes you break out or not.

IMO, blush is best when it gives a hint of color and isn't obvious. If your skin is more caramel-toned (yellow), I'd suggest you go with a rose-tawny shade. If you're closer to light milk-chocolate (pink), I'd suggest a plum-spice shade. Basically, you want a blush that is a rich tan with either a hint of rose (cool medium pink) or plum (warm dark pink), depending on your tone.

To apply, you'll want to use a round fluffy brush that is about 1-1.5" across. Dab it gently twice onto the blush, tap the mid-portion of the handle on your forearm to shake off the excess. The bristles should have only the slightest bit of color to them. Smile, make one light sweep from apple to hairline and then starting at the apple of your cheek do a few strokes angled downward towards the corner of your jaw to blend.

Avoid shimmer blushes. The shimmery powder will highlight every imperfection, every bump, scar, pore, and wrinkle will be very noticeable. Just stick to the simple matte finish powder blushes.

I hope that helps!

Wow, Annie, great answer.

I was having probs with breakouts on my cheeks and I figure it was the blush ingredients. I've since been using mineral makeup blushes from Everyday Minerals and they are really pretty and natural and last all day. (affordable too!)

Also....it's really, really important to use clean brushes. I think that was one of my mistakes before as well. (but just in case, I'll stick to Min Makeup.) :)

EDIT---- Sounds like a soft bronzer might work for you as well, since you just want to add dimension to the flat foundation look. Sometimes that's all you need for a natural look. Good luck!

yer the everday minerals blushes are great. They also have a variety of colours at a reasonable price. check them out. www.everydayminerals.com

Revlon Powder Blush. In the black compact with the miror that slides out form the side. No breakouts.

Hi there! I recommend "Lorac" blush. I know Sephora sells it. Very high quality, it works well with mineral, or liquid make-up, and it doesn't break me out. And certain cosmetics (like Clinique) DO break me out.

nars, benefit, bare escenutals, and cargo have all been very nice to me!

my favorites are:

nars= orgasm, and sin.

benefit= dallas, and georgia.

bare escentuals= glee, clear radiance and warm radiance.

cargo= beach blush.

Mac doesn't break me out,clinique always breaks me out.

I like MAC too. Their powder blush in Dame is my color.

Mac doesn't break me out,clinique always breaks me out.

I like MAC too. Their powder blush in Dame is my color.

Yes, I love Dame and Loverush.

hey everyone thanks so much for your recommendations and tips- theyve made me more confident to go out and try these blushers now that i know blushers that dont break u out DO exist! i tried on a clinique one the other day but was scared to spend so much money on it because the oil-free pressed powder from clinique breaks me out (i think so anyway)..i was looking at bobbi brown too but when the makeup artist said they are NOT non comedogenic i got put off, she said MAC do a non comedogenic blush so i might go check them out.

thanks again for your help guys. :)