Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoubutsuaiEtai

Help? Acne is back.

I'm frustrated. I was on accutane last year and It's been about 9 months since I finished it. Until two months ago I had no acne whatsoever. Not even a single blemish. But NOW I'm starting to break out like crazy. So in about a month's span I went from having flawless skin to having 10-15 pimples over my face. I went to my doctor and he put me on Tazorac to see if it did anything, and it just got worse.

I want to go back on Accutane, but my doctor hints he doesn't want me to since I don't have any cystic acne, so i've been afraid to tell him that I want to go back on Accutane. Any suggestions? Do you think that they will put me back on Accutane if I request it? I'm pretty sick of trying to cover up all of my blemishes again. Accutane was the only medicine that actually worked on my stubborn acne, and I would give anything to go on it again.

I feel like my self confidence is being sucked out of me. I'm starting to avoid looking at people when they speak to me again. :/

I feel the same way! I stopped my accutane a year ago and 2 months ago my acne has come back full force!! My skin keeps getting worse and my derm appointment is still 5 days away to discuss accutane again. If I were you I would talk to your doctor and say "Look, accutane was the only thing that has worked for me and my skin is really beginning to affect me emotionally." Just tell him your concerns and you cant keep using products that dont work because you risk it getting worse and scarring your face. When I first went I listed every product Ive ever used and said they didnt work for me...so obviously with or without cysitc acne (i dont have cystic) accutane is the best option if you can handle it. i hope you can get it!

If anyone knows how you feel... its definetly me.

Exactly 2 months after i stopped tane... i started breaking out again. I noticed my skin was beginining to lose its firmness and then the oilyness began again. In a matter of a week I broke out every where. Within 2 weeks it was back full force. I begged my derm to put me on Accutane in August and she said no. She put me on tetra instead. It did nothing... the only thing that sorta worked was BP. But i will still very active.

3 weeks ago i had another derm appointment. I took my mom with me even though im 20. Just to show my derm i meant business. She finally agreed to put me back on. HOWEVER, right now my face is worst than ever. Accutane has broke me out very very bad. BUT, ive been through this before... and i know there is light at the end of the tunnel.

If accutane is the only thing that works... dont give up on it. Its not your derms skin.. its yours.. and only you know how it works. Cry, Yell, whatever... just find a way to get back on this drug. I managed to get a full 6 month treatment... followed by another low dose 6 months. So i will be on tane till next September.

GOOD LUCK.

If anyone knows how you feel... its definetly me.

Exactly 2 months after i stopped tane... i started breaking out again. I noticed my skin was beginining to lose its firmness and then the oilyness began again. In a matter of a week I broke out every where. Within 2 weeks it was back full force. I begged my derm to put me on Accutane in August and she said no. She put me on tetra instead. It did nothing... the only thing that sorta worked was BP. But i will still very active.

3 weeks ago i had another derm appointment. I took my mom with me even though im 20. Just to show my derm i meant business. She finally agreed to put me back on. HOWEVER, right now my face is worst than ever. Accutane has broke me out very very bad. BUT, ive been through this before... and i know there is light at the end of the tunnel.

If accutane is the only thing that works... dont give up on it. Its not your derms skin.. its yours.. and only you know how it works. Cry, Yell, whatever... just find a way to get back on this drug. I managed to get a full 6 month treatment... followed by another low dose 6 months. So i will be on tane till next September.

GOOD LUCK.

Thank you for posting this. I'm pretty shy, so convincing my derm to let me go back on it is going to be hard. But you've inspired me to try. :)

i agree w/ ninja. i'm almost 20 and i take my mom w/ me to every appt b/c when it comes to doctors and stuff i'm a very passive person. my mom helps me stand up for myself and really helped me get accutane. i would say definitely take someone you're really comfortable w/ to the derm w/ you so you have someone supporting your decision and backing you up. and my acne wasn't cystic but i got put on the medication so it's worth a shot

I don't know if it's a good thing, or a bad thing. But my derm has always been very easy when it comes to accutane. I went on accutane previously, and my acne has come back mildly. He put me on mino and I came back for a checkup with maybe 3 or 4 active zits on my jawline. I mentioned accutane, and he said he wouldn't have any problem doing that if thats what I wanted.

I DID NOT WANT TO READ THIS! :( Im still 50/50 on stopping my Accutane before its too late. If it just gonna come back.

$300 x 8 months of treatment + screwed liver + relapse = NO :cry:

Can you find another derm? My derm is a big accutane doc. She'll rx it for just about any stubborn acne. She even promised another course for me if my acne comes back a year later.

After 2 weeks of spotless skin, I now have two active cysts and it's all I can do to look people in the eye. I feel your pain.

Good luck. One of my pet peeves is doctors who think they know everything :razz: .

Platinum

I DID NOT WANT TO READ THIS! :( Im still 50/50 on stopping my Accutane before its too late. If it just gonna come back.

$300 x 8 months of treatment + screwed liver + relapse = NO :cry:

Hey, most people I have spoken to have not had acne come back for years after they finished accutane. LOL I just have bad luck I think. Accutane is worth it, because it gave me almost a year of perfect skin. That's why I'm wanting to go on it again. It was worth it! ;)

Can you find another derm? My derm is a big accutane doc. She'll rx it for just about any stubborn acne. She even promised another course for me if my acne comes back a year later.

After 2 weeks of spotless skin, I now have two active cysts and it's all I can do to look people in the eye. I feel your pain.

Good luck. One of my pet peeves is doctors who think they know everything :razz: .

Platinum

Well I did change derms once because the first derm I went to was an idiot. I had some cysts forming behind my ears and I pointed it out to her and all she said was, "huh....that's strange...I don't know what those are?"

lol so I ended up going to another derm 2 hours away. Hopefully I can convince her to let me go on accutane again. I'll even be happy with a low dose treatment. :pray:

My best friend was in the same situation... tell your derm you want it again before you get too bad... remember, accutane only gives a percentage of people experence permanant remission, which mean if your acne is coming back, it is going to do just that --- come back :)