Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spikeyli

Joppa Chisel Brushes are In

darn, i should have waited a few days before i ordered my make-up from joppa. i dont want to pay more shipping now lol. ahh well.....

If you post a message on the Joppa message board with the order number, Amy may be able to add it to your order so you do not have to pay additional shipping. Good luck!

Yup, if they hadn't mail your order yet, they can just add it on and charge your account for the brush.

By the way, the kabuki brushes are sold out again, dang! That sold out quicker than I thought. I figure it'd at least last a week. I think people are ordering extras. It kinda reminds me of how people stock up on food before a big storm, LOL. Thankfully she's got another shipment coming next week.

I can't wait to get my hands on the refillable dispensing powder brush though. That would be so awesome for traveling.

And so is the mini dome brush and the 5 pc kit, order now before they run out again.

yayyyyyyyyyy spikeli!!!!! wait, is the "mini" dome same as the regular one?

and lol about people stocking up. totally. like we're preparing our makeup stashes for catastrophe situations. bird flu, terrorist attacks, earthquakes... we may be stranded with no electricity, but at least we'll have our 5 extra kabukis! :lol:

I want to try Joppa as well to compare it to EM. I just got EM a few days ago, like it but the coverage isnt excellent. I read on Joppas website that people sleep in the makeup. What do you think of that? I found that strange but then again I'm new to mineral makeup. Is the brush in the 5 piece kit any good one?

Ell - The 5 pc kit offers the best value but for beginners I suggest the 3 pc kit because it lets you try out 2 different foundation colors in full and soft coverage. That's best for finding out what your color should be. Then you should order the 5 pc kit because it gives you a generous amount of the foundation, plus the finishing silk, blush, bronzer, and the chisel brush. I do recommend you getting the chisel brush with your 3 pc kit because it's wonderful for applying the foundation.

I personally don't sleep in my mineral makeup, just because I don't really need to. I know people with active acne who have done it and they swear the results are great. If you do decide to try it, put it on 30 minutes before you go to bed, it'll absorb into your skin so it won't rub off on your pillows.

Clear dream - yes all you kabuki brush addicts will be perfectly happy with no running water and electricity but you'll have fabulous coverage thanks to all the extra kabuki brushes, LOL.

Clear dream - yes all you kabuki brush addicts will be perfectly happy with no running water and electricity but you'll have fabulous coverage thanks to all the extra kabuki brushes, LOL.

(laughing)

spikeli, i was about to order, when i saw that the goat-hair dome brush is still out of stock... i wonder if they already sold out?!

Clear dream, do this instead. Place your order, email Amy that you want to pre-order the brushes and have her send it to you as soon as it comes in. I normally don't teach people this because it's underhanded and sneaky (which means it's what I do to get my makeup ahead of others :-) but desperate times leads to desperate measures.

hahah... ok, i'll give that a try. so she'd send me the whole order in 1 batch (1-time shipping fee) once the dome brush comes in? thanks for the tip, sneaky girl. :D

Yup, this way she just prep your order, set it aside and ship it once your dome brush come in. She'll charge you through paypal and will let you know the new amount for the entire order. Not that I condone such behavior or anything :-) Nope, you didn't hear it from me.

I love Joppa and I don't want to step on any toes here, but I really needed a Kabuki brush and Amy sold out so fast, that I went searching for the same brushes and found them at www.aubreynicole.com They are awesome brushes and I really needed one...I just love that they won't shed. Anyway this website is selling them for a bit less than Joppa and also has a link to their eBay store where they are selling the same brushes for a few bucks less than that.

Karen

Not that I condone such behavior or anything :-) Nope, you didn't hear it from me.

nope, and not that i went thru with it or anything... :shifty::angel:

I love Joppa and I don't want to step on any toes here, but I really needed a Kabuki brush and Amy sold out so fast, that I went searching for the same brushes and found them at www.aubreynicole.com They are awesome brushes and I really needed one...I just love that they won't shed. Anyway this website is selling them for a bit less than Joppa and also has a link to their eBay store where they are selling the same brushes for a few bucks less than that.

Karen

KarenG, check out choicebrush.com, they have the same kabuki brushes as Joppa and I think it's the same price range. Also Amy is getting another shipment of kabuki brushes in next week.

Dolce, why don't you do this, since you just ordered, your stuff hadn't been shipped yet. Just email Amy and tell her you want to wait for the dome brush instead. And she'll just refund you the difference. Just out of curiousity, do you need that much coverage? Because the kabuki brush offers a lot of coverage to begin with. The dome brush is for people with severe acne that needs the most coverage they can get. From your picture I thought the kabuki brush or the chisel brush would work great for you.

err now it says the dome is out of stock??

right now im using a regular foundation brush from mac. with joppa.. it covers pretty well. i hve a kabuki from BE but i havent tried it with joppa because it feels rough and i dont really like it

butttt since that regular mac brush is covering fine.. do u think kabuki should be more than enough? my only problem is the colour = toooo white compared to my body (spray tan) .. my brother just asked me why do i look so pale =S

i just ordered carribean bronzer and peace blush and 3 eyeshadows.. i also asked for samples of medium #2 and med. tan!! im so excited

Oh the kabuki will more than enough, I was surprised you wanted the dome brush because you obviously don't need that much coverage. But I try not to question people their decision that much.

You use medium 1 right? If that's too pale for you, then definitely try medium 2. It's a shade that my friends use when they went on vacation and got tan, they both use medium 1 too.

okie great.. i am planning on using my current mac brush for finishing silk or blush/bronzer and i still need one more for whichever one i dont use it for (if that makes sense) i was gona order a blush one from joppa but i figured i could just buy an average one in a store since blush isnt taht important

i hope medium #2 is okay. and i hope amy gives me the sample.. if i dont get it would bronzer / blush help me look not as pale if i have to keep using medium #1?

i wanted the emu oil too but out of stock =(

Thanks Spikeyli - I checked out ChoiceBrush and those are the same brushes too, but I already ordered from aubreynicole.com and very happy with the choice. I sent them an email this morning asking about their inventory quantitites and this is the reply I got. So it looks like they have brushes in stock if anyone needs them sooner rather than later.

Sent: Saturday, October 14, 2006 10:22 AM

Subject: RE: Would like information on your Kabuki brushes

Thanks for your interest in Aubreynicole.com. We usually sell our line of products to salons and spas directly within the US and overseas, so we are actually fairly new to online ECommerce. So far, we are doing very well online and sell both on the website and through an eBay store. As far as our mineral makeup and line of cosmetic brushes; our makeup is pure minerals, with no additives and does not include bismuth oxychloride, which so many lines do, that cause skin irritation and breakouts. We order our cosmetic brushes directly from the manufacturer overseas and order in large quantities so we usually have brushes in stock (though sometimes we do get low quicker than anticipated). Our line of products are high quality, never tested on animals and we feel that our customer service is exceptional. Our mission is to provide the customer with a pleasant shopping experience and out of this world customer service. Thanks for shopping with us and feel free to contact us at any time.

AubreyNicole.com

KARMAR Industries, Inc.

i know!!! i was disappointed the emu oil was out of stock as well...i was going to order 2. and i wanted to try the toner as well...so i figured my next order will be emu oil, toner, and the refillable brush...if they are all in stock at the same time:)

Longshot, at least you're ordering to stock up, some people don't have the stuff to begin with. I'm fortunate enough to have bought all the things I need before the word got out on how good their stuff is.

ahhh i dont have ANY emu oil.. and yeah its a big problem if all the stuff i want isnt in stock at the same time =( reallly going to suck.

u guys stop being product hogs! share wth meeeee!

i hope i get my jopaa stuff by nov16th cause im going out with friends for a big thing. and my makeups so light i dont want to look like a corpse (i dont really dont give too much of a crap on a daily basis when im not doing anything special, but for this day i care!!)