Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KK

Yes you CAN use BP and Salicylic Acid together.

I went to the derm today and spoke to him.In the past he told me to use Neutrogena Acne wash to cleanse.

Then today he gave me Benzaclin.I asked him if it's ok to use that SA wash and then this product.

He said yea it's ok,they all do different things.

I'm going to go with what he said.I just wanted to let you all know so no one freaks out about using both together.

I use BP and SA together and my skin has improved. I only use BP at night then follow with an SA moisturiser and I have no trouble at all and my skin is HYPER sensitive. Just up to the individual i guess every skins different but mine is crystal clear at the mo smile.gif

Guest fatman_uk

That's nice, i can't tho... i'm happy for you, really.

-Gaz

KK, let us know in a week or so if your skin gets irritaded. I wanna try using both products and I would appreciate your feedback

It should be okay, I mean considering how the acne cure also uses SA, GA and BP. Though it works for some, and don't for others.

according to the acne cure book. In order for these 2 to work effectively they must be done seperately. That's why these things only work temporarily. I am 100% clear and have been since mid July since using the Acne Cure method. I was just killing some time, have this site bookmarked and thought I would pop on to see what was going on. I saw this thread and thought I would share that.

God Bless

smile.gif

umm...applying SA then BP after? Whao - To me that sounds dangerously irratating. Especially for my skin smile.gif

If it works it works though. Good luck

BenzaClin might dry you out pretty badly. So remember to follow your derm instructions strictly!

i been 1 week on regimen. i used to apply SA cleanser then SA toner with BP but that really dried n reddened my skin. now, i only use SA cleanser for removing make up cuz cetaphil gentle cleanser can't remove all the make up on my face. after SA i wait 15 min n then genlty apply cetaphil cleanser n splash it w cold water for 10-20 sec. i wait 15 min again b4 applying bp.. hten neutrogena moisturizer. if i dun have make up, i dun use SA. my skin is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less irritated n better than b4 regimen. even my Bf commented how my face was clearer after a wk of bein on it smile.gif

I had been on Amoxycilin tabs about 2 months prior to this.So I guess that kept the acne under control.My derm asked if I wanted to continue with tabs or put a daytime topical.I asked for his bias.He said topical cuz u don't want to be forever dependent on tabs.

Best thing is,give SA+BP a shot.

I've use SA and BP together every day for months with no problems. What I don't use is alcohol, witch hazel, menthol, clove, eucalyptus, mint, or fruit extracts--all of which are commonly found in SA acne products and all of which are extremely irritating. If any of these ingredients are found in your SA product, don't assume its the SA causing any irritation you might be experiencing. Find an SA product that doesn't include these things and try that. If you still experience problems, then give up on SA, but not before. I find the combination of SA and BP very effective. The SA product I use is Clearasil Acne Fighting Facial Moisturizer (2% SA, without the irritating ingredients I listed!) Good luck!

I've use SA and BP together every day for months with no problems. What I don't use is alcohol, witch hazel, menthol, clove, eucalyptus, mint, or fruit extracts--all of which are commonly found in SA acne products and all of which are extremely irritating. If any of these ingredients are found in your SA product, don't assume its the SA causing any irritation you might be experiencing. Find an SA product that doesn't include these things and try that. If you still experience problems, then give up on SA, but not before. I find the combination of SA and BP very effective. The SA product I use is Clearasil Acne Fighting Facial Moisturizer (2% SA, without the irritating ingredients I listed!) Good luck!

i'm not sure about all the other stuff, but i agree with you on alcohol.. that stuff is horrible to your skin!