Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Of course she has beautiful skin. Not even a pimple every now and then... it's like years I don't see a pimple in her face, and for me too it was going all well.

Now I'm breaking out more and more, and I don't know what to do, because even if we don't see each other during the day (different Unis), we are always together in the evening of course, and I have to wash my make up off before going to bed, and now that my face is soo bad, I really don't want her to see that.

So last week I've washed my foundation off and put some coucelear where needed, and it was good (because I wasn't so broken out) now my skin is getting worst... both from the councelear maybe and also not, because I'm also breaking out where I haven't put it...

I don't know what to do... I'm ashamed of washing my make up off and I don't want to, but I have to... :cry::cry:

My skin looks red and inflamed, and it's going worse and worse...and the worst thing is that from every single pimple I get, I get a red mark too...so, you get the point... :cry:

yea, my current roommate has great skin. i dont let anyone see me without make-up. like i will wake up early to do my morning routine if i know there will be people around in the morning. :( even though its not that bad, im PARANOID lol.

Aww i know how you feel. I was worried about moving in with my housemates at the start of the year because i had never met one before and i didn't want her to judge me for my skin and the other one who i had lived with last year had never seen me looking like i did. I know it's hard but it's not going to be as bad as you think.It took me a while to get over been so paranoid and now i'm able to let my housemates, friends and even go to uni and sometimes out if i'm feeling brave without makeup even though my skin still loooks like crap.

Of course she has beautiful skin. Not even a pimple every now and then... it's like years I don't see a pimple in her face, and for me too it was going all well.

Now I'm breaking out more and more, and I don't know what to do, because even if we don't see each other during the day (different Unis), we are always together in the evening of course, and I have to wash my make up off before going to bed, and now that my face is soo bad, I really don't want her to see that.

So last week I've washed my foundation off and put some coucelear where needed, and it was good (because I wasn't so broken out) now my skin is getting worst... both from the councelear maybe and also not, because I'm also breaking out where I haven't put it...

I don't know what to do... I'm ashamed of washing my make up off and I don't want to, but I have to... :cry::cry:

My skin looks red and inflamed, and it's going worse and worse...and the worst thing is that from every single pimple I get, I get a red mark too...so, you get the point... :cry:

aww =( sorry I remember having roomates and having them worry about seeing me like that.......but then u get to realize who ur true friends are

what are u doing to treat it anything?

Thanks guys... the problem anyway, is only at night, because on mornings she always has lessons before me, so I get up later when I'm alone, do my regimen, make up and it's all good... The prblem is at night, because either we go sleeping at the same time (before we watch something on tv or DVD) or I go first...

I do need help with this, because I feel like I should wearing make up because I don't feel comfortable, but also I shouldn't because I know it could be the reason of my breakouts....

what are u doing to treat it anything?

My live with two of my sorority sisters, and I'm just really open about it. They know my acne bothers me (perfect perfect skin both of them, not a pore open, nothing). I know they love me for who I am, and they know when I take good care of my face I see results. Talk to your friend about it, getting it out in the open will take off so much pressure. Put yourself in her position, wouldn't you want your friend to be comfortable around you?

I could understand being this way around guys, but why girls? If she is a freind, she won't care. If she isn't, she still won't care.

Persoanlly, I like diffusing the situation before anything starts. For example, when I see people staring at my skin, I say "Yes, I have acne. I've had it for years and yes, I am trying to do something about it and am seeing a derm."

But I say it in a nice way and laugh at it so the person doesn't feel attacked for looking at you (maybe they weren't looking at your skin but you felt that they were). And then it's out in the open-nobody has to hide and she's not going to go talk about your acne behind your back (which is usually my main concern-that somebody will say "Did you see that instructor? She's so nice but has such bad skin!) When you've addressed it yourself, you've taken that power away from them ,and there's nothing left for them. *if* they even were going to do that anyway.

BUt I am older and it took me a while to beocme open about my acne. But if you can, I say do it, because it makes things so much easier in the long run and you get empathy from people, rather than disgust.

All of you are right, but acne effects on feelings aren't rational, and I can't change them. I know I shouldn't be worried really, because she's a friend, but we're not so close, and we have a friend in common (she is closer to her than me with her) and I'm afriad she tells her I have bad acne...because I know she told her everything, and even if that is not a thing to say, it could come up in the conversation, like "Yeah, yesterday night we have done this.... and she got her make up off...and you know she has awful skin..." and all, things like that. I know I'm crazy and paranoid, but I'm so hurt right now, because it got really much worse than how it was...and I have to wait another month to go on Roaccutane....

The best thing would be if I went to sleep after her (so I could wash my make up off and go to bed), and I already wake up later, so no problem for this... But she goes to bed at midnight and maybe past, and I'm really in the middle of my dreams...lol (I usually go to bed at 11.00 or 11.15pm)...

All of you are right, but acne effects on feelings aren't rational, and I can't change them. I know I shouldn't be worried really, because she's a friend, but we're not so close, and we have a friend in common (she is closer to her than me with her) and I'm afriad she tells her I have bad acne...because I know she told her everything, and even if that is not a thing to say, it could come up in the conversation, like "Yeah, yesterday night we have done this.... and she got her make up off...and you know she has awful skin..." and all, things like that. I know I'm crazy and paranoid, but I'm so hurt right now, because it got really much worse than how it was...and I have to wait another month to go on Roaccutane....

The best thing would be if I went to sleep after her (so I could wash my make up off and go to bed), and I already wake up later, so no problem for this... But she goes to bed at midnight and maybe past, and I'm really in the middle of my dreams...lol (I usually go to bed at 11.00 or 11.15pm)...

you could always just get your make-up off then quick go right to bed before her.

God I know how horrible it is trying to hide from people you're living so close to. Earlier this year i went away on holiday with my friend, and a couple of other girls . And we all slept in the same room with like our beds touching each other. I remember thinking 'fuck how I am going to survive this without them seeing what's underneath my makeup'. I got up at like 6 or some insane hour every morning just so I could be the first in the bathroom and quickly put some makeup on before everyone else got up. It was hell, especially because the bathroom was downstairs and you had to go through the dining room to get to it, so everyone would be sitting there looking at you as you come down the stairs each day unless you got to the bathroom first. :doubt: I know it's ridiculous that I won't let anyone, even my best friend see my skin.. I know she won't disown me as a friend or anything stupid like that but it doesn't make it any easier for me...I just can't right now. I can't even describe what my skin was like back then though, it was so red and irritated and because I'm so pale every red mark and all the acne just stood out so badly. But anyway, what I did was get changed, do my teeth and stuff but keep my makeup on until I was in bed, and then I'd have some makeup remover under my bed or on the table and I'd take it off in bed. Not ideal, but it got me through it :( is that possible for you to do until you feel comfortable enough to wash it off in the bathroom?

Aww, thanks for your replies...

Sixfeetunder: thank you really much...*hugs* My situation is like yours, I mean that our apartment is really small and we don't have like a bedroom... the beds are next one another, which it kind of forms a 2 placed bed (I don't know how to explain it) so we are really near one another, and she would see or hear me...

I don't know what to do... Tomorrow I'll be back there (these past 2 days I was athome since I didn't go to Uni) and I don't know what to do, because it always looks so bad to me...

And I'm so pale too, and so my red marks, irritation, redness, pimples stand out sooo much... :(:cry:

I didn't think I could get this down for my face again... even if it's better than last year, prior to Roaccutane, but I'm so worried it can get that bad again. Because last year, at least, after school, I would come home, wash my make up off, cry about my skin, but at least I was at home, with my parents and sister, which has acne too, and they don't care (I mean they care, but not of seeing me without make up...I'm always beautiful to them), instead this year, I come "home" and I can't wash it off, I can't cry over it, I don't feel free,...

So sorry you're having a horrible time with it :( I'm remembering now what it was like and it really was no fun at all, everyone else would just jump out of bed in the morning with perfect looking skin and wouldn't even have to wash it in the mornings before going out. I literally wanted to rip it off their faces and staple it to mine :evil: I know it doesn't help too much but I've realised that to other people our flaws aren't as bad as we imagine them to be. If you're going back on accutane next month then hopefully soon you won't have to worry about this kind of thing, anyway! So keep your chin up. I found that opening up to my best friend about my skin helped a bit, I mean I hardly spoke about it at all but I would say stuff like 'gr having an extra bad skin day today', and I found that it sort of made it easier because in our heads we all knew my skin was bad but at least by me speaking about it it wasn't so awkward and they didn't mention it or talk about it because they were aware of how much it gets to me, and they also knew I was on accutane so they understood more about all the stuff I've tried and how horrible it is having crappy skin. Ooh I just thought of something else though, have you tried something like joppa minerals? I've heard apparently you can sleep in that makeup and it does no harm to your skin. Never tried it, but maybe something like thats worth looking into? Good luck with the roaccutane, I hope it works well for you so you don't have to worry about this stuff anymore and I hope you feel better soon.

You know what? Fuck it. Keep your makeup on, if it's going to cause you so much distress to take it off around someone. If you are going on Roaccutane anyway-it doesn't matter if your pores get clogged up a bit more. And you can keep those cloth-make-up-removers by your bedside to wipe it off once you're already in bed.

In the meantime, you could also get joppa mineral makeup which is supposed to be so good for your skin that you can sleep in it. Then, by the time you go on accutane, you'd have the mineral make up which is not bad to sleep in, so udse that for a few more motnhs until you clear up. Then you won't need anything.