Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
orballa22

my accutane log

alright, well i have posted before about my situation. Nothing has worked for me and basically i am sick of have acne. I have it on my face and back and its time for accutane. I get my perscription later today and am starting on 40mgs a day. As of right now there are not many pimples on my face but my back is a different story. I will keep everyone updated on my journey through accutane and i hope everything goes smoothly. thanks

michael

well, just took my first pill and hopin for the best. already starting with the aquafor for my lips to keep the chapness away. ill keep you updated

day2, nuthing new to report except face feels really oily. no new acne

i am changing this now... i am already starting to break out which really sucks. everything seems to be surfacing but hopefully it wont last long

i have noticed that i have white dots in my upper lip. i have looked up what this could be on the net and they say it is sebasious glands. they say to get rid of them is to use accutane but they will reappear after the treatment. so this kinda sucks... :mad:

day 3: woke up this morning feeling like crap. this is prolly due to my sore throat and cold. No new acne on my face although i have one huge cyst on my chest. Face seems less oily this morning. white dots on my lips are still there which is no good. :confused: ill repost later

Blah for sore throats and colds! I know how you feel . . . I started accutane with a burgeoning cold/sore throat, too. I hope it goes away because it would suck to be dry because of accutane and dry because of a cold. Good luck with your treatment and thanks for stopping by my log; I'll be reading yours, too. :)

Blah for sore throats and colds! I know how you feel . . . I started accutane with a burgeoning cold/sore throat, too. I hope it goes away because it would suck to be dry because of accutane and dry because of a cold. Good luck with your treatment and thanks for stopping by my log; I'll be reading yours, too. :)

ya the cold is killin me right now... but i am sure i will get over it soon. As of right now i just took my 5th pill and my face is starting to dry but no pimples seem to be poppin up yet. black heads seem to be surfacing but thats about it. Hopefully nuthing new comes up tomorrow. although as of right noww my face seems to burn a little which prolly means it is drying out. but other than that my lips are kinda dry but have been using aquafor nonstop so not too bad at the moment and the rest is good.

bigups mate, ive got a cold now and im waiting till im better so i can have my blood test. Once i get that done, i can start on roacuttane.

How long do you have to be on it for?

My quack says 6 months for me, and because its mild i wont ever get it again. I've got mates who have had it REALLY bad, been on it for 6 months and now their skin is flawless.

We will get through it mate!

Play a bit of ball do ya?

all the best

matty

bigups mate, ive got a cold now and im waiting till im better so i can have my blood test. Once i get that done, i can start on roacuttane.

How long do you have to be on it for?

My quack says 6 months for me, and because its mild i wont ever get it again. I've got mates who have had it REALLY bad, been on it for 6 months and now their skin is flawless.

We will get through it mate!

Play a bit of ball do ya?

all the best

matty

i have to be on it for 5 months i think. yea i have friends that have had it really bad too. and now they are also flawless. u askin if i play sports? if so i played basketball n football, what about you? good luck to you too when u start your tane

yeah mate, i was referring to basketball. ive been playing that most of my life but play footy cricket and soccer at various stages of the year!

you 2 mate, i'll be sure to keep in touch!

day 4: nothing too new really except forhead is gettin a little more dry. lips are still not bad and still have those white things on them but are hardly noticable if at all. cyst on my chest is starting to go away but is still very red. one new thing has happened. i had a panic attack in class today which i havent had happen to me in a long time. it also happened the on day 2 and am wondering if it can be from the accutane. anny thoughts? but otherwise no new acne and hopefully it stays that way. :pray:

Hey Michael, I remember when I just started on Accutane I got panic attacks, I have Anxiety and it seemed Accutane was making it worse but it does go away, I don't get Anxiety as bad as I used to, maybe it's because I know my skin is getting better, I'm sure your panic attacks will go away also :D

Hey Michael, I remember when I just started on Accutane I got panic attacks, I have Anxiety and it seemed Accutane was making it worse but it does go away, I don't get Anxiety as bad as I used to, maybe it's because I know my skin is getting better, I'm sure your panic attacks will go away also :D

thanks i really hope so, i used to get them in high school but they went away and maybe it is because i am nervous in general about accutane.

ok well another day down. i have developed another cyst on my chest which sucks and my face is getting really oily. so now i expect to get my IB soon. :confused: but whatever, ill post again tomorrow

woke up this morning for class with a nice new pimple on my neck. really hurts. :doubt: hopefully it will go away soon. one new one on right cheek also but nothing to bad.lips are really good right now and no other problems. although have been having my lips tingle a little but thats fine with me. as for the chest, one cyst is starting to go away and the other is still there.

o and i just found a new pimple on my forehead and on my temple and some tiny ones on my chin...

its later in the day now, and i have noticed more pimples popping up. Most of them are on my chest which i find really weird?? i still have some small ones on my face but more seem to be coming. my face has been the most oily it has ever been so hopefully this means the tane is working.

woke up this morning for class with a nice new pimple on my neck. really hurts. :doubt: hopefully it will go away soon. one new one on right cheek also but nothing to bad.lips are really good right now and no other problems. although have been having my lips tingle a little but thats fine with me. as for the chest, one cyst is starting to go away and the other is still there.

o and i just found a new pimple on my forehead and on my temple and some tiny ones on my chin...

I'm on day 8 of my scheduled 5 months of Accutane. My face is a red, itchy, swollen, peeling, breaking-out train wreck. It is burning and feels tight like I have a hellacious sunburn. My skin is more oily than ever, my scalp itches like crazy, and my lips require balm every 3 to 5 minutes. I'm washing with cetaphil, using heavy moisturizer and aquaphor, but not getting much relief. I even put ice over my face for as long as I could stand it last night. Another fun side effect - constipation! Must be the complete and total dehydration. I was prepared for some discomfort to begin with, but I'm getting frustrated. I hope these initial unpleasant side effects become more bearable with time or this is going to be a long 5 months. I'm 36 and have battled cystic acne for about 8 years, so I'm ready to do pretty much anything to have normal healthy-looking skin. I keep telling myself, "I was in labor for 29 hours and gave birth to a 9 pound baby. How hard can this be?" :lol:

see i am not drying out like that yet. i have still been using some bp on my face to help clear some of the pimples. i hope all gets better with you. :)

Thanks a lot. I was just checking out some of the before and after photos which made me feel much better. I'm going stay focused on the future and think positive. It helps to know we are not in this alone. Best of luck to you.

day 6: still have the zit on my neck and it still really hurts and is bright red. time to wear a sweatshirt :) the 2 cyst on my chest r starting to go away but are a dark red now so it looks like a scar is forming. other than that, got one small whitehead when i woke up, but now thats gone. lips are really moist and no chappieness at all(if thats a word). bout to take another pill and now off to class. oh and when is my oil supposed to be lowered cause right now my face is unreal with oil?

ok well, got through the day pretty easily... a couple really small zits are popping up on my face expecially around my nose.. one hurts, but nothing to bad. the one on my neck does not want to heal. it hurts so bad and is so noticable. looks likes it is going to be another sweatshirt day tomorrow. also i got a new zit on my hairline on the back of my head. this one also is very painful. the 2 cysts are healing even more but my face seems to be even more oily. i have been using some bp on active zits to help heal but no matter what, oil still is coming out even where i put the bp. :think: well i hope i start drying out soon and yea... o and lips are still pretty good