Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Optimistic

What in the hell did I buy?

I purchased 30 gauge Ultra Thin Lancets online. I got them yesterday. They're super small needles in a small plastic cylinder type thing (I think it 's the same thing they use to prick ur finger to draw blood.) Is this what u guys use when u needle your scars?

They should be fine. I've used lancets also - plastic handle type-thing, with a small needle sticking out the end. I couldn't buy the syringes anyway, and imo, these would be extremely difficult to manoeuvre around the skin. I bought 200 (or 100, I can't remember) lancets for roughly $15 AUD. No chance of running out anytime soon, and probably the equvalent to, I don't know, 5-10 syringes? Though I'm just speculating LOL. Hope that helped! ;)

Thanks so much guitar skin and Info-blizzard I thought 4-sure I had bought the wrong thing. Well I got the info from the other post on how to needle and now I have the needles so I'm going to start tonight and I'll keep u all posted on my progress. Thanks again. U guys r sooo helpful.

Well I needled last night and it hurt, girls don't let the guys fool u it does hurt. The fact that I kept on hearing the "popping" sounds helped to deal w/ the pain it inspired me to keep going cause I knew I was breaking up scar tissue. I bled like hell and I looked like hell. Kinda mortified right now the guy I'm seeing is coming over tonight and well I have on so much make-up I look like a clown that was just brutually beaten. But he knows about me trying to get rid of my scars that he thinks I should just leave alone, but I'll prolly end up lying and telling him I just had subcision done yesterday or something. If anyone knew I stuck needles in my face they'd prolly admit me to a mental hospital and I'd b locked up for good.

Well things are looking a little bit better. All the red spots from needling have turned into scabs. I'm not putting anything on them like neosporin or anything. I apply make-up still and I just try to be real gentle when I wash my face.

How long is the needle length?

BTW, it really doesn't hurt on scar tissue, it does hurt a bit on healthy tissue.

Well I couldn't take looking at the scabs and redness. So I apllied gobs of neosporin last night and emu oil to the areas that I'd needled. I'm going to try and not do this tonight and just not apply anything besides make-up until they fall off, b/c I think the longer the scabs stay on the better the result will b. I can't even stand just sitting around my house w/o make-up on though it just brings back bad memories. Good news though one of the areas that scabbed up pretty well DOES NOT looked depressed at all anymore if I see 100% well who am I kidding even 10% improv. once it's done healing this would make me sooo happy. I know better than rushing the results though from reading other people's exps. w/ this.

Well my face looks alot better today. Two of the scabs are still there so I'm hoping they'll stay on for another week or two. I wish I could of prepared better for this and knew that I was going to scab b/c I would've only done 1 scar and not applied make-up in that area or washed it. I definately think I've hindered the results though by wearing make-up and washing my face b/c I def. think if I hadn't they'd still b attached. Just hope I haven't done any extra damage, by the way things look I don't think I have. I hope to see some improvement and I'll keep u guys posted.

Guest HKS

After needling/subcision are you not supposd to wash ur face??

I'm not sure but as far as TCA goes according to the Korean Study they didn't for atleast a few days or something. I think very gentle washing is okay. Since I've been wearing make-up though I first have to remove it and then wash and I have to be more rough when I wash my face in order to get it all off so I think this is why the scabs fell off so soon. In the future I'm only going to needle one scar at a time and if I have to wash the area I'll b extremely gentle.

Guest HKS

Yeh thats a good idea, how is it coming along so far?

Most of the scars look the same, one scar I'm really happy w/ the result so far. The scabs have all fallen off so unless the area becomes more depressed witin the next couple of weeks I would have to say that from my perspective it definately does work. I think it takes time definately and hope to see atleast a slight improv. w/i the next next couple of wks. to the rest of the areas I needled. But overall I have seen improv. like I said in 1 of the scars so far as long as it doesn't become depressed again. HKS aren't u the one that posted about fasting to get rid of scars. Even though it didn't help B-4, I'm going to try it again. I can never completely fast throughout the day on just water though I always have to have an iced coffee so maybe cause of the caffeine is why I haven't seen results w/ the fasting.

Guest HKS

Hey I'm glad you could be seeing improvements. Yeah I did but I still havnt tried it because I havnt had the time to but Im thinking of giving it a go for a couple of days in the holidays.

Well it's been about a week and I feel very confident in saying that the improvement in one of my scars is atleast 50% yeah that's right and if u don't believe me I frankly don't care. This scar I was extremely aggresive w/ when I needled. I'm thoroughly convinced this needling thing works. Hope everyone has the courage to atleast try it once and see's nothing but great results.

Great to know you're seeing improvement :)

Straying a little, it's been roughly 2 weeks since my last session; while the scars on my right side haven't improved, a few on the left have filled in considerably. If anything, it looks somewhat raised (like a raised scar I guess, but since I've never had one, I really can't compare). Otherwise, I feel quite optimistic, and anticipate the months ahead. I'm due for another needling attempt on the 6th.

Keep us posted!

alphabetic I'm so happy for you! I pm'd Master K(don't think he posts here anymore) when I first joined here and askd him for sugg. on scar trtmnts. and descrbd my scars to him. One of the things he sugg. was needling and I totally disregarded his sugg. b/c I was under the impression that this wuld only wrk 4 rolling scrs and scrs that were bound down. When I first joined here, after reading posts from people that had self- needled, I thought they were nothing short of being totally out of their mind 4 sticking needles in their faces. Well it took me a few months and I decided 2 give it try. So glad I did and def. no regrets besides not being more aggrsve w/ all the scars and researching it a lil better and being prepared for the appernce afterward. So happy I'm seeing fast results. I'll def. keep u guys posted and keep me posted on ur progress 2! Good luck hun!BTW when u say raised scar do u meen keloid or hypertrophic?

Yeah def. the scar is still improved the other ones I needled though prolly have gotten a lil bit better but no drastic improvement like the one scar. HKS have u needled b-4.

Guest HKS

Nope, I want to get subcision done so will be making a doctors appointment soon so I can get a referral. It is more or less the same thing yeh?

Not necessarily the same thing but the end result seems to b the same. So far this is what I've had the best results w/ considering it shows the fastest improvement. I would love to have subcision by a Dr. however I haven't found one yet that I trust.

Guest HKS

Im glad its working for you, I've been so busy these last few weeks I havnt had a chance to make a doctors appointment but I will do soon. I'm so tired of researching different methods, I just want to do somethng now!

I hear u.That's why I started doing all this stuff at home.But seriously I do get scared everytime I do anything I really fear sometimes that things might get worse, fortunately they've only gotten better.I'd never suggest for anyone to do anything at home if they had the resources to have it done by a Dr. but like u i got to the point where I just wanted to do something now. Even if I didn't see improvemnt right away I feel better knowing that atleast I'm trying to improve them. Take care.