Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i was wondering this may seem like a stupid question to some of you. i live in the UK and want to know is roaccutane the same as accutane??

hello im also in the UK. yes, roaccutane is accutane (-:

funny you should mention it, i've been prescribed Roaccutane today.

i was talking to the dermatologist about what I should do, etc, and I knew he would advise accutane.. so I brought it up and said 'what about accutane?' or something. he kinda laughed and said that i must have been reading an American website because it is called Roaccutane here and accutane in America.

. Accutane is just the American name for roaccutan/roaccutane.

It's usually used to treat quite severe cases of acne. My acne is mild but has been persistant to all other medications I have tried (skinoren, retin-a, tetracycline, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid...) so I am giving accutane a try.

yeah cheers mate. i just been reading some of the other stuff which other people had written and i came across this which kind of answered my question for me....... funnily enough i went to see a dermatologist today and she mentioned roacutane to me! i need to have blood tests first tho! i really dont know if i fancy taking it...... ur not supposed to go on sunbeds (and i like my sunbeds) and your not really supposed to drink alcohol plus you get really dry skin possible nosebleeds and dry lips! dont kno if i fancy it really!!!!!!